TCF Suggestion Make the "display signatures under posts" option in preferences device-specific

Esther

Stardust Pillar
Basically, making signatures visible under posts makes my phone lag out really badly on this site, so I disable it. My laptop doesn't lag out and I keep my color list in my signature to find text colors I need for roleplays (currently the list is actually in the signature, but if it gets too big I'll move it to my AMA thread again, which is easy to access through my signature), so I have to re-enable it every time I'm on my laptop. It gets really annoying to have to disable and enable it all the time, and if it's possible I'd be happy if that setting was changed so enabling it on one device doesn't enable it on other devices logged in on the account.

Basically, making signatures visible under posts makes my phone lag out really badly on this site, so I disable it. My laptop doesn't lag out and I keep my color list in my signature to find text colors I need for roleplays (currently the list is actually in the signature, but if it gets too big I'll move it to my AMA thread again, which is easy to access through my signature), so I have to re-enable it every time I'm on my laptop. It gets really annoying to have to disable and enable it all the time, and if it's possible I'd be happy if that setting was changed so enabling it on one device doesn't enable it on other devices logged in on the account.
I can see how the ability to see signatures on a PC, but not on a phone would be helpful in some instances. I’m not sure that this function, of making the option to see signatures be device-specific, is something that could be done without a lot of customization which would probably be a lot more time and effort and expense than would benefit the niche change, so it’s unlikely that anything can be done at this time. Leaving the option to turn sigs on or off is the best that can be offered at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom