Sprites Make the Lamp Post more consistent with the game's art style sprite by adding the outline to it

GoshaT

Terrarian
One thing I noticed about Terraria is how every block, item or NPC has an outline, except the Lamp Post.
Take a look at the following screenshot:
Terraria_2oG42t53lE.png

The Lamp Post really stands out and even looks like it might've been added through image editing, as it is the only object that doesn't have an outline.
What I suggest is adding an outline to it. It is a simple change to make but it will make this object more consistent with the game's art style.
1581440264678.png

The Lamp Post looks much better with the outline and fits the game a lot more.
Here's the screenshot from before, but now with the improved Lamp Post.
1581440465532.png

And here is the edited sprite with the outline:
terraria_lamp_post_outline.png

This is one of those things you never knew you needed but once you see it you will give everything to have it.

I kinda agree, but it's not the only thing that has no outline. I'm sure I saw other things too like that, though out of the blue, not sure what were they. - but they would be much thicker with outline added, so it might would look odd in some cases.

There are also other odd stuff too, such as vanilla sprites with mixels...

I kinda agree, but it's not the only thing that has no outline. I'm sure I saw other things too like that, though out of the blue, not sure what were they. - but they would be much thicker with outline added, so it might would look odd in some cases.

There are also other odd stuff too, such as vanilla sprites with mixels...
I agree, it would be kind of weird some more "thin" sprites, like grass, to have outlines

Back
Top Bottom