Items Make the Portal Gun easier to get

Yog Sothoth

Terrarian
By the time you get to the moonlord you've no need for a portal gun, you'll have wings, a mount (possibly flying), probably a couple wired teleportation pads, maybe a rod of discord, you should get it sooner than endgame. It's quite fitting for the moonlord to drop it, yes, but at that point it's somewhat useless besides aesthetic and particular functionality.

By the time you get to the moonlord you've no need for a portal gun, you'll have wings, a mount (possibly flying), probably a couple wired teleportation pads, maybe a rod of discord, you should get it sooner than endgame. It's quite fitting for the moonlord to drop it, yes, but at that point it's somewhat useless besides aesthetic and particular functionality.
Its a item for fun. Thats its only use. Besides, do you realize how long it would take to get a rod of discord. Whats better a easier, 100% drop, or obtainable earlier, but takes 10x as long to get it.

I really just want the portal gun to have some more real application (i.e teleporting projectiles/at least some enemies), but even now it's quite useful as a transport tool. I don't think it needs a tiering change.

I agree with LoM.
It should maybe be a expert drop from the Lunatic Cultist, though, if LoMs idea is implemented. *I shoot it at the queen bee and the ocean*
Yus.

I don't know, I think it's still pretty useful. I can set it up to allow me to escape dangerous situations like the celestial pillars in an instant, or to move NPCs around. I also could set up a loop where I fall forever, then shoot a portal at a wall to fly across the world faster than any wings, mount, or minecart in the game would allow.

I would not want the Portal Gun to become a expert mode only drop. Currently, I believe the tiers are fine. The Portal Gun dropping from the Moon Lord also does make some sense.

Back
Top Bottom