Weapons & Equip Make the Soaring Insignia be used with Mounts too.

Would you like the Mounts to have the infinite flight ability?

• Yes, with the Soaring Insignia being the Accessory that makes you able to it.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes, but make a different Accessory for that ability.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, this would be over-powered.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Yes, except the Gelatinous Pillion (give an idea to make all other mounts able, except this one).

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I have a new idea (post it in the comments).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

>>Terrarian<<

Solar Pillar
Hello people, I think the title is self-explanatory, but if you didn't understand I will say it again in other words, make the Soaring Insignia's power of being able of infinite flight apply to Mounts that fly too. Not only wings and boots. Because that makes no sense since if you want to have fun with a mount you like but it doesn't fly infinitely, then why would the player use any flying mount if he can use wings or boots? That's it. Please add it to the game. That would be a really good quality of life improvement.

The danger here is Gelatinous Pillion - the thing already is faster than most wings until very lategame horizontally and upward and definitely faster downward and can already be used the whole game. If it could fly infinitely and was faster, you would be able to abuse it until and past the endgame, plus use the wing slot for offense, and pillion would simply outclass wings for the majority of situations.

Hello people, I think the title is self-explanatory, but if you didn't understand I will say it again in other words, make the Soaring Insignia's power of being able of infinite flight apply to Mounts that fly too. Not only wings and boots. Because that makes no sense since if you want to have fun with a mount you like but it doesn't fly infinitely, then why would the player use any flying mount if he can use wings or boots? That's it. Please add it to the game. That would be a really good quality of life improvement.
I mean theoretically that would be a good and fun idea, but I think it would be too strong for mounts that are meant to have limited flight, like for example the queen slime mount (forgot the name lol`:confused:). It would make sense to apply it to all flight items in a logical sense, but when you actually apply it to certain things it becomes kinda ridiculous. Also doesnt the soaring insignia increase flight speed? I think it would actually be a little better if when having the soaring insignia equipped, mounts (flying ones particularly) get a faster acceleration time perhaps?

Not bad. But I want really much to have infinite flight with mounts since it's not easy to obtain the Soaring Insignia.

Not bad. But I want really much to have infinite flight with mounts since it's not easy to obtain the Soaring Insignia.
Maybe an increase to flight time would be better in addition to a slightly increased acceleration speed (like maybe 2-2.5% faster acceleration or something close to that?)

If you have a problem with that mount specifically, then make it so you have to obtain another item in a different way so that the mount isn't soo OP. IDK, just giving an idea.

What is even the point of this. The mounts obtained Post-Plantera are either grounded ones that don't fly, such as the Hexxed Branch or Brain Scrambler, or ones that already fly for an unlimited amount of time such as the Witch's Broom or Shrimpy Truffle. The only mounts affected by this would be the Honeyed Goggles, Dark Mage's Tome, Scaly Truffle, and Gelatinous Pillion, (all of which are Pre-Plantera). The first two don't have very good movement by Post-Plantera standards, and the third one is just an inferior Shrimpy Truffle. That leaves the Gelatinous Pillion, which is just one mount.

What is even the point of this. The mounts obtained Post-Plantera are either grounded ones that don't fly, such as the Hexxed Branch or Brain Scrambler, or ones that already fly for an unlimited amount of time such as the Witch's Broom or Shrimpy Truffle. The only mounts affected by this would be the Honeyed Goggles, Dark Mage's Tome, Scaly Truffle, and Gelatinous Pillion, (all of which are Pre-Plantera). The first two don't have very good movement by Post-Plantera standards, and the third one is just an inferior Shrimpy Truffle. That leaves the Gelatinous Pillion, which is just one mount.
Then why be worried about the Gelatinous Pillion if there are so many other mounts that would be really improved with that?

No, I'm saying that the Gelatinous Pillion would be the only mount that people actually use that would be affected. Most mounts wouldn't be affected whatsoever.
Ok, but I like it anyways. And if this doens't enter in the game officially, then I'll search for some mod that adds it. And if there's no mod that adds it I'll search for a code programmer that is free to do a mod that includes it to the game.
No way of not having it.

Hey people, I'm thinking about a new idea. Maybe instead of making the Soaring Insignia give the ability to infinite fly with mounts, there could just be a system were the player can choose a mount to be the working one, and another for vanity, just like what you do with armor. What would you think?

Back
Top Bottom