Blocks & Decoration Make the Terrain flow better

stormconure

Duke Fishron
Just a fun idea i thought up that would make terraria look more natural!

Terraria terrain is very blocky. Yes, i realize that the point of the game is blocks and stuff, but i think it still looks too unnatural. The look of terraria could be much more smooth with just a few little changes to the way blocks interact with each other.

Here is how terraria looks now when a slope ascends 1 block:
image.jpg

Here is how it could look with visual tweaks:
image.jpg

Also, any items on a slope like this will slide down it.

Is this a good idea? Tell me what you think!

PS: how do you make sprites bigger?

Last edited:
Ok, cool. Btw how do you know this stuff about 1.3? I read the spoiler and all it said was better platform stairs... And abiut the microscope, i put it in as a full image and it cam out tiny. Dont know how to fix...

Sorry about the image thing... I have no idea how to make it bigger. The block interaction is like if a slope ascends by 1 block, then the first block on the higher ground is slanted to look like a smooth, less blocky hill. Its kinda hard to explain, sry bout that XD

For reference, here is Stormconure's original images, only zoomed in:

ngc6eo.png

Now, that above would work . . . however, this:

index.php

Would not work. Pixels in Terraria are squares, not triangles, and the block sprite isn't large enough to make an even slope like that . . . however, it could be more smooth I suppose.

For reference, here is Stormconure's original images, only zoomed in:

ngc6eo.png

Now, that above would work . . . however, this:

index.php

Would not work. Pixels in Terraria are squares, not triangles, and the block sprite isn't large enough to make an even slope like that . . . however, it could be more smooth I suppose.
Thanks for zooming it in, i never knew how to do that.

Back
Top Bottom