Blocks & Decoration Make Walls Have a Foreground

sorry, from what I understood your idea was when you place a wall it will be the background when you're in the house AND the foreground when you're outside. I was simply suggesting two different wall types, a background wall and a foreground wall. I'm not trying to take credit for your idea, just saying what I think would be cool.

I think I seen similar idea suggested before, but while it could be interesting in some cases, it would be probably tons of work to get it to work. it would probably require a whole new layer with special behavior, and you might would like to use different walls for the exterior of a building than for the interior... making it even more complicated... probably.
Sadly, agreed. I'd LOVE the concept of buildings having a foreground cover when you're not inside them (actually I'd prefer it to be perfectly opaque, rather than translucent), but how would you program it, especially if you use more than a few different blocks for not just your walls, but also your structure, but you want the foreground wall to be only one block type?

Then again maybe it would be as simple as adding a new wiring item like an actuator and attach it to a specific block in your house so that all the foreground walls in the house will copy THAT block type?

Back
Top Bottom