PC Making Cool Houses - Tips and Tricks

Tip No.1!

Don't make them block houses, go with something better! Like circles!

upload_2017-4-8_18-37-0.png

[doublepost=1491641298,1491641217][/doublepost]Tip No.2!

Start with a small idea. Then just go with the flow... :cool:
[doublepost=1491641445][/doublepost]Tip No.3!

Try to make Styled homes for your NPC's. Like a pirate ship or hospital! You could also put them in specific biomes, like the Which Doctor in the Jungle, or the Angler at the Beach!

cool house but is it effective and have good defense? i dont think so. one event coming and boom your npc died.
unless you have arena for that. i rather interesting in somekind of fort or something like that! :pinky::pinky::pinky::pinky:

AVblT47.png

Give in to the dark side and use lots of stone. Here's an example of a spawn point typical of what I do in single player.

As the OP says, making things look more arched, or round, or just doing things that are far out, like hanging an epic Dracula tower off of the side of your castle, are all great ways to spice up the same old boring and "built purely for utility" squares. Sure, get that initial square up as fast as you can, but don't forget to go nuts!

Try and make a house in different biomes (Snow, Hallow, Jungle, etc.) and go off of what the biome is. I just made a Igloo with about a 2-3 block layer as insulation (As if it was real life) and my friend is building a building of his own. (Dont have image)

Capture 2017-07-26 16_25_43.png
thats how you should go. merchant = gold. dryad = vines! guide = books!
also, these arrow like things around the home work as a trap. i still try to figure how to make it a farm. probably something with bubbles and lava.

I like making a square house with a bit of a slanted roof and then adding a nice medieval like roof made out of cobble.

Back
Top Bottom