Sprites Making Hell a Little More Lively | Hardmode-Underworld Expansion

Okay, the Muckery is getting mixed reactions, so... what's your opinion on the thing?

• The Muckery sucks and so do you. [Obligatory "rude" option]

• Some reworking may be necessary, though I'm iffy. (If you've got your own ideas, share away)

• Some reworking may be necessary, though I like it. (If you've got your own ideas, share away, man)

• I think it's fine.

• I don't think this is salvageable.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bry

Steampunker
Work-in-Progress, Mi Amigo. Give it some time.
Maybe someday, I'll actually make a finished, QUALITY idea! That day ain't today, though.

"Laughter resonates from the world under, and screams echo from the dungeon."
I... don't really remember seeing many Underworld suggestions.
The only one I really remember is by @An Original Name, but I think that's only because I helped with that by making a sprite for him to use (which I'll also be using here, incidentally). I know there's a bunch of Alternates out there, largely from Izzabelle, but I kinda wanted to see extra content added to the base Underworld; the Hardmode Underworld. I tend to forget the place exists by the time I kill my first Mech Boss, and I know a lot of people do, too (yeah, don't worry; I know you weirdos who grind for Living Fire Blocks and Red Devils exist).
There's the argument of over-saturating Hardmode further, but I ALSO don't think a biome should be entirely useless for an entire half of the game. That said, though, I'm not going to make the Underworld a requirement for progress. Oh, no no no, it'll be optional.
An optional, actual, living hell.
With some nice loot!
YDaoo05.png

Enemies
How's that for an essay introduction?
What's that? "Leave that stuff at your English class"?
Ouch. My feeeeeliiiings.
...Anyways, uh, yeah, my suggestion isn't really a whole lot different from @An Original Name's, concept-wise (in fact, he kinda let me build off of his idea). I'm just suggesting enemies with some nice loot.
What's different is that these enemies are insanely strong. I mean for them to present a nice challenge during late-Hardmode, right after Plantera is defeated.
The Underworld enemies are considerably stronger than the post-Plantera Dungeon enemies, but their loot is also considerably better.
Not sure how well that'll work (especially in Expert), but I'll stand my ground.
Anyways, FIRST ENEMY!
Cursed Infernus Imp and Ichorus Imp
0Vb1Dft.png
2ZXN2Qg.png
Damage​
HP​
Defense​
Knockback Resistance​
Debuffs​
Immunities​
Coins​
Drops​
Unique Drops​
Banner​
55 (77) [110]
Contact
90 Cursed Fireball
(720)
[900]
65% (73%) [90%]
l7ohayF.png

Cursed Inferno
-1.5% HP per second; -0.5% HP per tick, three ticks per second
Can't deal Critical Strikes

100% on contact, for 8 seconds; infliction time has a 30% (100%) [65%] chance of being double/[triple] the usual
66% on Cursed Fireball, for 6-10 [9-15] seconds
On Fire!
Cursed Inferno
Shadowflame
Confused
Betsy's Curse
ePtqpPq.gif
1-3
Rotten_Chunk.png
33%
1-2
Cursed_Flame.png
100%
qfYJCKA.png
1.33%
ShIuQ8s.png
60 (96) [132]
Contact
80 Ichorball
435 (870)
[1088]
55% (63%) [80%]
U48JEIJ.png

Ichor
-20 Defense
00% on contact, for 8-12 (12-18) [16-24] seconds
66% on Ichorball, for 6-10 [9-15] seconds
On Fire!
Ichor
Shadowflame
Confused
Betsy's Curse
ePtqpPq.gif
1-3
Vertebrae.png
33%
1-2
Ichor.png
100%
DCzEfbX.png
1.33%
9FTzems.png
In case you haven't figured it out yet, the imp you find depends on whether your world is Corrupted or Crimtane.

These guys teleport close to you and cast fireballs in the same way as the Fire Imp before them, yet their fireballs are powerful enough that they might overwhelm you on their own. Hitting the Imps will slow their attack rate (identical to that of the Fire Imp) by 30%, but will not stop them entirely. They're a little less common than the Fire Imp is during PreHardmode, just so you don't punch through your screen within the first ten minutes (slash deaths).

Cursed_Flame.png

The Cursed Infernus Imp fires a large cursed fireball that travels noticeably faster than the Fire Imp's fireballs. It fires tiny, slower cursed fireballs directly at nearby targets as it flies, keeping you on your toes even if the initial cursed fireball totally whiffs. The tinier ones do 33.33% less damage, but the Infernus Imp still throws out more large cursed fireballs, meaning that, unless you play Touhou a lot, you're probably gonna get pelted by tiny cursed fireballs.
Expert
The initial fireball becomes a bit more of a threat in Expert Mode. It's a simple change, really: it homes in on you just enough to force you to make wider movements.
The Cursed Infernus Imp's on-contact Cursed Inferno is now guaranteed to have double the infliction time; in other words, 16 (24) seconds. The Imp's touch also deals a bit more direct damage. By the way, did you realize that the tails are what are really doing the contact damage? The duration doubling is supposed to be both tails getting to land a hit.

Master
Now, in Master Mode, the TINY cursed fireballs home in, too!
Yeah, no, just kidding. The Cursed Infernus Imp now teleports after every cast, with only a small moment of rest after the volley is done. Cursed fireballs are gonna be coming from all directions now, so you better be prepared.
On-contact Cursed Inferno can now instead have a TRIPLED duration; however, the chance, while still pretty high, is no longer guaranteed.
Being inflicted with Cursed Inferno also grants all nearby enemies a 2.5% HP/s health regeneration when these Imps are present, so, uh, try not to be a healing candle.

Ichor.png

The Ichorus Imp's ichorballs are normal-size, but travel as fast as the Cursed Infernus Imp's cursed fireballs. After a second, the ichorball explodes into four slower, smaller ichorballs that fly in your direction in a 100-degree spread and deal 75% of the large one's damage. These are less of a constant threat than the cursed fireballs are, instead being more of an immediate danger.
Expert
Ichorus Imps' ichorballs split into six smaller ichorballs instead of four, though the spread is now 120 degrees. The Ichorus Imp's melee now does a lot more damage and inflicts Ichor for 50% longer.

Master
The Ichorus Imp starts firing TWO ichorballs; one directly at you, and one horribly skewed around 60 degrees in either direction. The deviant ichorball is slower than the other one and takes longer to explode, but it will release four (not six) smaller ichorballs that WILL actually travel in your direction, just with a 120-degree spread. They are also slower.
The Imp's melee attack really bites now.*
Being inflicted with Ichor while an Ichorus Imp is around will cause 400% of all damage dealt to you to be returned to attackers as health.

*The only reason I'm even talking about the melee properties of a Caster enemy is that these two guys try to teleport near you, so you have a better chance of actually slamming into these guys than other Casters.
Cursed Infernus Charm
qfYJCKA.png

Accessory - Crafting Material
Rarity: Yellow
Sell Price: 5 Gold, 50 Silver
Allows you to inflict Cursed Inferno with all attacks with a 30% chance. The debuff will last 6-8 seconds.
Grants you and all teammates a bonus 2 HP/s health regen when near an enemy inflicted with Cursed Inferno. The wearer themself has to be within 26 feet (13 blocks' length) of the target for the regeneration bonus to actually activate, while allies can be up to 42 feet (21 blocks' length) away from the enemy to actually receive the effect when the wearer has activated it.

Tooltip: All attacks have a 30% chance of inflicting Cursed Inferno.
Grants you and allies near the target additional health regeneration when you are near enemies burning from cursed flames.

Ichorus Charm
DCzEfbX.png

Accessory - Crafting Material
Sell Price: 5 Gold, 50 Silver
Allows you to inflict Ichor with all attacks with a 30% chance; the catch is that said attacks have to be critical hits. The debuff will last 3-5 seconds.
Grants you and all teammates the ability to heal for 20% of the damage you guys deal to Ichored enemies with NON-critical hits, meaning that having a high crit chance will actually screw you out of restoration. The distance restrictions are a little stricter than the Cursed Infernus Charm's: the wearer has to be within 20 feet (10 blocks' length) of the target for the healing to activate, while allies can be up to 32 feet (16 blocks' length) away from the enemy to actually receive the effect when the wearer has activated it.

Tooltip: All attacks have a 30% chance of inflicting Ichor, provided they were critical hits.
Allows you and allies near the target to heal from damage dealt to enemies coated in ichor, but only if the attacks were NOT critical hits.

YDaoo05.png

Green Devil and Yellow Devil
TtiFrHr.png
b7yf2Ma.png
Damage​
HP​
Defense​
Knockback Resistance​
Debuffs​
Immunities​
Coins​
Drops​
Unique Drops​
Banner​
64 [96] Contact
80 (88) [96] Tail Swing
87 Skewer
60 (75) [90] fling
920 (1,472) [1,840]
Bubble Shield doubles max and current health
66% (70%) [80%]
Bubble Shield increases resistance further.
fnpjcF1.png

Small: +4%
Medium: +10%
Large: +20%
Full-Size: +34%
NsZG4Ad.png

Broken Armor
60% (80%) [100%] from Skewer, for 15-30 seconds
[20% from Tail Swipe, for 7.5-15 seconds]
tWg4P5p.png

Dazed
85% after Fling, for 6 (8) [12] seconds
100% on contact, 4-6 (5-8) [10] seconds
On Fire!
Cursed Inferno
Shadowflame
Confused
Betsy's Curse
ePtqpPq.gif

KCN2Y1k.gif
None
o0JN16C.png
3.33%
nikR9Di.png
51 [77] Contact
76 (95) [114]
Eye Laser
1,700 (2,550)
[3,060]
74% (78%) [88%]
IBKwa2G.png

Broken Weapon
100% on contact, for 20 (30) [40] seconds
YtBhI4D.png

Silenced
33% from Eye Laser, for 6 (8) [12] seconds
On Fire!
Ichor
Shadowflame
Confused
Betsy's Curse
ePtqpPq.gif

KCN2Y1k.gif
None
C1eO20l.png
3.33%
upMSsHS.png
This one's also kinda obvious, but the devil that you find depends on whether your world has Corruption or Crimson.

I'm gonna separate these guys' info this time, since it's preeetty long for both.
This is the third suggestion I've stuffed this guy in. Hopefully this is also the last one, because it actually fits here.

The Green Devil is pretty quick on its wings, flying much faster than any ol' bat or demon. It doesn't cast spells to attack, but rather utilizes its long, stretchy tail to hack and slash through you, attacking one every second while within 12 blocks of the Green Devil. The Green Devil can swipe its tail at you like a Solar Eruption, though the tail's swing is much wider, only reaches 10 blocks, and only deals damage. The tail covers a massive area and goes through blocks, making it pretty hard to dodge in enclosed spaces. It can also perform a perfectly-straight stab, though, which may be easier to dodge but hurts a HELL of a lot more. Just... not directly.
See, the tail actually stabs THROUGH you, attaching itself to you and allowing the Green Devil to FLING you in any cardinal direction it wants, which also deals a bit of extra damage. Usually, it'll just try to fling you into lava or enemy-heavy areas, but if there AREN'T much of either nearby, the Green Devil has a pretty good chance of slamming you downwards or tossing you into the air. If you get slammed into a block before the tail detaches, you're gonna take 200% fling damage and get Dazed for a couple of seconds; getting slammed downwards deals even MORE damage (250%), while getting slammed UPwards inflicts Dazed for double time.

What makes this guy even worse is the fact that he can summon a Bubble Shield to drag the fight on if he's alone. There's no specific conditions for this besides that; he'll just summon the thing with a 4% chance every time he's hit if there's no other enemies in the immediate vicinity, and if he hasn't already summoned one in the past minute. The Bubble Shield absorbs a percent of damage equal to the percent of HP it still has, meaning that the lower the shield's health, the less it'll absorb. The shield also protects the Green Devil from being inflicted with further debuffs, though the Green Devil will still be affected by any pre-inflicted debuffs. In fact, any pre-inflicted debuffs will have doubled effects while in the shield.

Fun Fact: I found out that the Arch Demon's old sprite looked a LOT like this guy.
I did NOT know of that sprite's existence until like, WEEKS after I posted this suggestion.
I'm not sure if I'm more or less intimidated by this guy than by the Green Devil.
This reference is so blatant I might actually get sued. At the very least, a name change, if necessary?
The Yellow Devil tries to stay within a certain distance of the player while firing red lasers from its giant peeper in volleys of 3, like the Clockwork Assault Rifle (but 50% slower), which would be annoying enough to dodge on its own, if the Yellow Devil didn't have the ability to "dash" directly towards the player. The dash consists of it moving up to 10 blocks in a straight line towards you, during which it is immune to all forms of damage and knockback, as well as gaining a nice after-image effect. It also goes through blocks while dashing, and if it's still inside blocks at the end of a dash, it'll just keep dashing in your direction until it's out. The Yellow Devil performs the dash if it accidentally gets within 10 blocks of you, realizing that it might as well go the full distance. Though, well, it won't be so accidental if you're hiding inside of a Ruined House and it can't get a clear line of sight, since it'll then purposely try to get close so as to infiltrate your little safe haven.
One thing you should really take note of: The hitbox for this guy consists solely of his eye, which, while being pretty big for what it is, is still a lot smaller than his whole body.
Debuff Tooltip:
Damage and knockback are halved
Devil's Robber
o0JN16C.png

Melee Weapon
96 Damage
3 (Very Weak) Knockback
4% Critical Strike Chance
16 (Very Fast) Use Time
I honestly wouldn't know how to work this weapon's velocity. 28?
Sell Price: 7 Gold
Tooltip: Use to swing, Alt-fire to stab.
Stabbing an enemy allows you to toss them in any direction, dealing damage to other enemies it impacts.

Inflicts
tWg4P5p.png
Dazed (100% after flung and fling impact, for 8 seconds)
Dazed increases weapon spread on all applicable weapons, slows down unapplicable weapons by 20%, and disables flight and dashing. Movement acceleration also slows down by 33.33%. Pretty nasty, huh?
...Oh wait, those are the On-Player effects. On enemies, Dazed increases projectile deviation by up to 25 degrees and reduces movement speed and jump height by 20%. Any non-Fighter enemies instead receive the projectile deviation and 30% reduced movement speed.

Devil's Glare
C1eO20l.png

Magic Weapon
76 Damage
4 (Weak) Knockback
4% Critical Strike Chance
42 (Very Slow) Use Time
14 Velocity
Sell Price: 8 Gold
Inflicts
YtBhI4D.png
Silenced (10% from Eye Laser; lasts 3 seconds)
Silenced now prevents enemies from casting magic, completely disabling certain enemies! This includes the Cursed Infernus and Ichorus Imps' Master Mode health restoration effects, so this weapon is actually super :red:ing helpful even IF its damage isn't the best.

YDaoo05.png

Arch Demon

Sprite | Damage | Max HP | Defense | Knockback Resistance | Inflicts Debuff(s) | Debuff Immunities | Coins | Normal Drops | Unique Drops | Banner
1lhbKhM.png
| 52 (104) Contact - 112 (224) Labrys | 735 (1,470) | -66 | 20% (36%) |
SRyxDS1.png
Darkness [33%, for 12 seconds],
YtBhI4D.png
Silenced [33%, for 12 seconds] | On Fire!, Frosburn, Confused, Dazed, Poisoned, Betsy's Curse | 13
ePtqpPq.gif
KCN2Y1k.gif
| (1-3
Crystal_Shard.png
, 33%) |
LXd5x5T.png
4.29% |
z5NXcRJ.png

Sporting new wings, since the old ones had a little too much red, in my opinion.
This thing does not use the Demon Scythe. If you looked at the Unique Drops, you'll notice that it instead uses a new weapon called the Arch Labrys, which fires a purple, uh, labrys
Ti05jQe.png
that spirals around its spawn point until eight seconds have passed; kinda like one of the Devil's second-phase attacks in Cuphead.
The Arch Demon moves a lot faster as well as being a lot stronger than regular Demons (at least in terms of the magic attack), but they can easily be taken out due to their insane negative defense. They're a fiberglass cannon.
These guys can start spawning at the same time as the Red Devil in Expert Mode. You can start trying for that Arch Labrys early.
That's assuming you don't die to the Demon Scythes their labryses fire now.
Arch Labrys
Sprites | Type | Damage | Knockback | Mana | Critical Chance | Use Time | Velocity | Tooltip | Inflicts Debuff | Debuff Tooltip | Rarity | Sell Price
LXd5x5T.png
| Weapon | 112 (Magic) | 7.5 (Very Strong) | 18 | 4% | 23 (Fast) | 0.3 | Casts a demon labrys | None | N.A | Yellow | 5
tFpFAhA.gif

Leaves a purple labrys at the player's position that slowly begins to spin, speeding up in the same way as the Demon Scythe's velocity (though at a much slower rate).
As it spins, it begins to spiral around its starting point, moving farther out the faster the labrys spins.
Already you can see the obvious downside to this weapon, which is the fact that you can't really aim it, and that combined with the spiraling thing makes it hard to really hit anything.
You kinda have to lead enemies into the labrys (or hope they just run into it), which, paired with the fact it can't frickin' pierce, but the labrys does a LOT of damage, so if you can figure something out, this can be pretty powerful.
Well, until the rest of the enemies start spawning.
The Arch Demon can be found in the Underworld as soon as you beat the 3 Mechanical Bosses, replacing 33% of Demons. So, uh, kinda not the best weapon ever, but can still be kind of intimidating. Just like the Spirit Flame.
Mixing this with the Demon Scythe will cause a lot of chaos.

YDaoo05.png

Obsidian Slime
Ny2pygr.png
Damage​
Health​
Defense​
Knockback Resistance​
Debuffs​
Immunities​
Coins​
Drops​
Unique Drops​
Banner​
100 (140)​
625 (1,250) [1,875]​
60​
100%​
bch4UYi.png

Burning
[100% chance while hot, for 1.5-3 seconds]
On Fire!
Frostburn
Cursed Inferno
Shadowflame
Burning
Confused
Poisoned
Venom
Penetrated​
ePtqpPq.gif
KCN2Y1k.gif
3-5
Gel.png
100%
2-4
Obsidian.png
100%
Slime_Staff.png
0.017%​
None​
5J1iFDt.png
Ah yes, bland and uninteresting slime! What are you doing this late into the game?
Being irritatingly good at jumping straight for you.
This slime can jump EXTREMELY high and far, but will always aim for your position, changing the length and height of its jump as needed. It can't go past a certain distance, but it'll pretty much always be on you, so you might as well just kill it. Good luck, though; it's super durable and can sit on lava as if it were solid.

The Obsidian Slime is completely immune to water drag and will be literally unable to move in honey, sinking to the bottom and just kinda sitting there until it dies or something. These'll never happen normally, but the interactions are there.
Expert
As soon as it lands from the dropdown move, the Obsidian Slime will immediately jump for you again, though its height for that jump only will be cut by a third.
Master
Does not gain a direct damage increase. Becomes molten hot while on lava and for 6 seconds after, jumping at a much faster rate and inflicting Burning on contact. Sticking the Obsidian Slime with a Daybreak or hitting it with the Solar Eruption (in other words, inflicting Daybroken on it) will also trigger this, but the slime will actually take damage from Daybroken.
YDaoo05.png

Flarefin Koi
NX5MQ3r.png
DamageHealthDefenseKnockback ResistanceDebuffsImmunitiesCoinsDropsUnique DropsBanner
80 (100) [120]​
430 (645) [860]​
0​
46% (54%) [71%]​
1OeozAy.png

On Fire
100%, for 10 (12-18) seconds on contact and 16 (20-28) seconds on embers
tWg4P5p.png

Dazed
55% on contact, for 0.5 seconds
Frostburn
Electrified
Penetrated
Daybroken
Celled
Poisoned
Venom​
ePtqpPq.gif
24-60
Living_Fire_Block.png
100%​
None​
ELC0A42.png
This fish is an enemy now, and a pretty common one, at that! This is where things start to get interesting.
It swims around in pools of lava, as fish typically do. When players pass over the fish, it’ll leap for hell’s ceiling in an attempt to bean you into the lava below. The Flarefin Koi will show in FRONT of the lava, so there won’t be any surprises when a gilled Podoboo flies up and totally beans you.

Unlike the rest of these enemies, this enemy is present in the Underworld starting from the beginning of Hardmode.
No Unique Drops
YDaoo05.png

And for the last normal enemy...
Polterheist
zqag5xb.png
DamageHealthDefenseKnockback Resistance
75 Contact
40 YOINK (ignores defense, does not vary)
35 Ultrablaze​
85 (170); does nothing if it steals an item | 735 (1,470) | 18 | 92% (100%) |
Blackout.png
Blackout [16.67% (33.33%) from Contact; lasts 8 (16) seconds],
Cursed.png
Cursed [25% (50%) from Contact; lasts 6 (12) seconds] | All debuffs | 1
HNlYAPM.gif
, 0.0198% chance for 1
ZaKWdEE.gif
| 2-4
DkWn27p.png
100% |
V3j3IpW.png
4% |
YymuW2M.png

Unlike the Dungeon Spirit, this guy was smart and decided to avoid the Dungeon at all costs.
Sadly, he also decided to rob every Merchant he found, and was killed when the cavalry arrived, so maybe "smart" is giving him a little too much credit.
Anyways, this guy is probably the most irritating addition to the Underworld. Retaining all of his tricks from the Spooky Legion, this guy flies through the air incredibly fast, rushing the player in an attempt to steal their items.
Now BEFORE you pull out the pitchforks, pipe down and let me finish.
The chance that the Polterheist steals items on a hit is 35%. The Polterheist prioritizes stealing Potions over everything else, and if the player is brave (or, more likely, stupid) enough to not have brought any potions with them, or if they brought so few that they ran out during their explorations, the Polterheist will proceed to steal random materials and Accessories. It will NOT steal weapons or equipped accessories unless that's all the player has, and it can NEVER steal armor. So, really, if it gets to your good stuff, that's kinda on you.
Kinda.
The reason the Polterheist prioritizes Potions above everything else, however, is why you're going to hate this guy. It'll steal up to 10% of the items in a stack, which includes potions. It then flies to other enemies, giving them the items and forcing you to kill them to get them back. But what sucks is that the Polterheist straight-up uses your potions on enemies, which can REALLY suck if you had an Invisibility Potion, or an Inferno Potion for some ungodly reason. Or, you know, Super Healing Potions.
If it makes you feel any better, these guys are rare spawns.
Expert Mode Polterheists will pick up items off the ground, including Coins. They won't touch Guide Dolls, though.

Oh yeah, these guys drop a slightly greener Ectoplasm! Add that to the pile of multicolor items.
Spirit Pilfery
Sprites | Type | Damage | Knockback | Mana | Critical Chance | Use Time | Velocity | Tooltip | Inflicts Debuff | Debuff Tooltip | Rarity | Sell Price
V3j3IpW.png
| Weapon - Material | 72 (Magic) | None | 18 | 4% | 24 (Fast) | 5 | Fires the souls of the persistent | None | N.A | Yellow | 8
tFpFAhA.gif

This book is a direct upgrade to the Book of Skulls.
When used, it fires Burning Spirits that'll move at a decent speed, going through blocks and homing in on nearby enemies with slightly less strength than the Spectre Staff. They pierce infinitely, but after hitting nine times, they'll stop homing and will fly straight, despawning when off-screened.
Now, what makes this weapon special is that, for every hit this weapon deals, there is a chance that enemies will drop extra coins, much like the Lucky Coin accessory (though with slightly lessened effectiveness). There's also a 1.25% (1/80) chance that the enemy will drop items as if it were killed, which makes farming for rare drops a little easier. This chance is lowered to 0.5% (1/200) for mini-bosses, and 0.075% (3/4000) for bosses.
The projectiles glow like the Wisp in a Bottle light pet.
Can be Tinkered with the Inferno Fork for... interesting results.

YDaoo05.png

Alright, now that the normal enemies are out of the way-
"THOSE ARE THE NORMAL ENEMIES?!"

Mini-Bosses
"You sick, twisted :red:."
Why, thank you.
I have a pretty cool mini-boss, and I have a terrifying mini-boss. You can choose which one you wanna see first.
GIANT WALL OF TEXT!
Oh yeah, and the Muckery
ZFWh6Ax.png

It's DEADHAND, in a parallel universe. Or a Floor Master! Except, hahah, it's not based off of The Legend of Zelda at all, but a Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time enemy: the Handfake.
There’s a theory goin’ around that this thing’s the souls of the sinful, all melted together into a reflective, oily gunk and melded into a freaky abomination or whatever, but all I‘m getting from this thing is that muck.
Actually, this kinda sounds like what Hades did to create his army, in Kid Icarus: Uprising. All of the games will be referenced, apparently.
The Muckery doesn't actually look like that giant gross arm when it spawns; it instead takes the form of something you're more used to seeing in the Underworld.
dHkKc3l.png
SjSFqYe.png
ZCx0S3j.png

When in these forms, the Muckery is pretty tough, if only because of their perpetual identity crisis:
trJhpas.png

The Muck form (the Slime Muckery [Yes, I'm giving each form its own name]) has the erratic hops and knockback resistance of the Obsidian Slime, and the hyperactivity and buoyancy of the Lava Slime.
trJhpas.png

The Muckbat form flies a hell of a lot faster than other bats, and can divide into many smaller bats to avoid damage (functioning like the Black Belt accessory, though with a 14.29% chance), but also takes huge knockback.
trJhpas.png

The Demuck can use the Demon Scythe, Arch Labrys, Unholy Trident, Tail Whip AND Eye Laser (with the eye that this thing clearly has), as well as the Green Devil's shield and the Yellow Devil's dash. Thankfully, this form's a lot slower than actual demons and devils, so it won't instantaneously eviscerate you.
trJhpas.png

And then there's one more form; the absolute WORST form.
The Humuck.

When the Muckery gets close enough, it'll meld itself into the gross grabby hand (assuming it's not already there) and grab at you, in a manner similar to Midna's Assist Trophy in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Ultimate. If it succeeds, it'll pull you into its center and begin suffocating you. While trapped in the Muckery, you're completely immune to damage (debuffs still hurt, though), which would be really nice if it wasn't in the process of sealing your doom.
Once it unwraps itself from you, it'll take the form seen below.
JODaLTF.png

This form LOOKS like a normal Fighter enemy, but it sure as :red: doesn't act like one.
That's because it acts like you.
...Yes, I am suggesting a doppelganger enemy. I use the term "doppelganger" loosely, though, because it doesn't resemble the player at all.
This form, unlike the other forms that can't quite decide the exact enemy they're mocking, utilizes all of the accessories and armor that the player has equipped, which can buff its stats considerably. Do you have, like, 90 Defense, the Frozen Turtle Shell and the Star Veil? Ok great, 'cuz so does this guy, now.
It can utilize armor set bonuses and accessory abilities, including health regeneration; however, its appearance won't be modified. It will also use a random weapon or tool in your inventory as a weapon, prioritizing weapons over tools. It can even pull from your Money Trough, if you brought that, though the chance of that is rather low.
I make this form sound like a nightmare and then some, but uh, it kinda gets downplayed when I tell you what happens if the Muckery misses when it attempts to grab you.
...It just kinda sits there. Vulnerably.
It literally cannot do anything except grab at nearby enemies in an attempt to re-transform (the process of which is the same as when it transforms into a Humuck), so you can just attack it from a distance as it sits there helplessly.
Another thing that kinda makes you feel sorry for this enemy: it loses its form after taking 2,500 damage, transforming back into the grabby hand.
Yyyyyyeah, this guy really isn't all that intimidating. Still looks cool, though, doesn't he?
it's also way too ambitious, is what I'm guessing you people are going to say
Sprites | Damage | Max HP | Defense | KB Resistance | Inflicts Debuffs | Debuff Immunities | Coins | Common Drops | Unique Drops | Banner
ZFWh6Ax.png
| 60 (120) Contact, 0 Grab | 13,000 (26,000) | 24 | 66% (99%) | Obstructed (While being Mucked) | Poisoned, Venom, Confused, Dazed, Celled, Penetrated, Daybroken, Oiled, Frostburn, Ichor, Betsy's Curse | 5
HNlYAPM.gif
ePtqpPq.gif
| None | Muck Chunk 4-6 100% |
BZWL2zb.png
dHkKc3l.png
| 110 (220) | 13,000 (26,000), shows as 2,500 regardless of difficulty | 63 | 100% | None | Poisoned, Venom, Confused, Dazed, Celled, Penetrated, Daybroken, Oiled, Frostburn, Ichor, Betsy's Curse | 5
HNlYAPM.gif
ePtqpPq.gif
BZWL2zb.png
SjSFqYe.png
| 55 (110) | 13,000 (26,000), shows as 2,500 regardless of difficulty | 17 | 20% (28%) | None | Poisoned, Venom, Confused, Dazed, Celled, Penetrated, Daybroken, Oiled, Frostburn, Ichor, Betsy's Curse | 5
HNlYAPM.gif
ePtqpPq.gif
BZWL2zb.png
ZCx0S3j.png
| 96 (192) Contact, 50 (100) Demon Scythe, 134 (268) Arch Labrys, 192 (384) Unholy Trident, 162 (324) Tail Whip, 102 (204) Eye Laser | 13,000 (26,000), shows as 2,500 regardless of difficulty | 38 | 60% (66%) | None | Poisoned, Venom, Confused, Dazed, Celled, Penetrated, Daybroken, Oiled, Frostburn, Ichor, Betsy's Curse | 5
HNlYAPM.gif
ePtqpPq.gif
BZWL2zb.png
JODaLTF.png
| Depends on player's weapon and damage bonuses | 13,000 (26,000), shows as 2,500 regardless of difficulty | Depends on player's armor and defense bonuses | 75% (100% if the player has a Knockback-nullifying shield) | None | Poisoned, Venom, Confused, Dazed, Celled, Penetrated, Daybroken, Oiled, Frostburn, Ichor, Betsy's Curse, plus any immunity accessories the player has | 5
HNlYAPM.gif
ePtqpPq.gif
BZWL2zb.png

The Hellspawn Mimic
ihz8YAO.png

Get a load of that size difference.

It's a Shadow Mimic! Except it's ten times more likely to give you a heart attack!
Lemme just get this out of the way now: if you so much as scrape a pixel on this thing, you're dead. It does a LOT of damage. You can avoid it, though; this thing spawns rather uncommonly, and you need to be within 8 blocks of the thing to awaken it.
If you're either brave, an idiot, or a brave idiot...
This Mimic stays put for longer between jumps, but it also jumps preeeetty far and with random height, already making it a little unpredictable. If you're 30 blocks or more away from this thing, it'll lock you in place with a, well, lock and chain. You won't be able to move until it gets within 15 blocks of you, or 3 seconds pass. The reason I'm giving you so much leeway with how close it needs to be to release you is the fact that it still does that ground slam attack the Biome Mimics do, and if you noticed how large this thing is... yeah you'd be instantly flattened into a puddle of guts.

Also, I gave this guy his own separate banner.
Have fun, completionists.
Sprites | Damage | Max HP | Defense | KB Resistance | Inflicts Debuffs | Debuff Immunities | Coins | Common Drops | Unique Drops | Banner
iiP40L2.png
| 265 (437) Jump attack, 400 (660) Ground slam, 50 (83) Chew | 25,000 | 125; 0 when hit from inside | (100%) |
NsZG4Ad.png
Broken Armor (100% from any attack; lasts 60 (120) seconds), Cursed (25% (50%) from Contact; lasts 6 (12) seconds) | All debuffs; None when hit from inside | 50
HNlYAPM.gif
| None | Uh, having a surprisingly hard time coming up with more than 1 item |
VWnYxGU.png

Last edited:
wait :red: NO why did I press that I'm a FOOL AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Well this is what happens when you work on a thread for several hours without taking breaks. Ah :red:.
Well, I guess this works as a post reservation.

So far, I actually really like it! Its just that the doppelganger muck thing would be very hard to program, having to program pretty much every weapon/armor/accessories in the game. And what would happen if you had modded gear too? Otherwise, yeah, I give support!

These ideas are really neat. I especially like the Muckery, though the Arch Demon and FlareFin (and obviously the Shadow Mimic) look like they'd fit better in a mod.

The Hellspawn Mimic's drops should include uncommon weapon types, such as thrown flails (Such as the Meatball), placed weapons, or a burst-firing gun or repeater. In the case of the repeater, you could go the opposite way to most other HM bows with unique effects, and make it cause arrow effects to be stronger instead of replacing arrows with special ones.

The Hellspawn Mimic's drops should include uncommon weapon types, such as thrown flails (Such as the Meatball), placed weapons, or a burst-firing gun or repeater. In the case of the repeater, you could go the opposite way to most other HM bows with unique effects, and make it cause arrow effects to be stronger instead of replacing arrows with special ones.
Ooh, do you know what else is an uncommon weapon type? Sentries! It should have a chance to drop a sentry that shoots shadowy chains at enemies similar to the VileThorn.

Ooh, do you know what else is an uncommon weapon type? Sentries! It should have a chance to drop a sentry that shoots shadowy chains at enemies similar to the VileThorn.
Thanks to the Dungeons Defenders crossover, sentries are actually pretty common. A minion that becomes stronger if several instances are summoned, rather than actually spawning several minions, like the Stardust Dragon, would be more unique, as that mechanic is only used once.
Alternatively, you could make a "mini-sentry" of which several can be summoned at once.

I like this! Also the mimic could summon the doppelganger cause ITS MIMICKING YOU or make a whole boss based off the doppelganger

We need this ( I don't know about Muckery it kinda doesn't really fit tbh) but other than that it is soo good. I think it should be in the 1.4 update or even a future update, but we really need more stuff to do. After WoF is defeated you don't really go back to the underworld, so I think it would be interesting to bring more stuff to the Hard mode Underworld.

Reactions: Bry
I like a lot of these and support this heavily but item stealing is annoying no matter what way you slice it and the mini boss is over complicated and stupid even though its well sprited.

Back
Top Bottom