NPCs & Enemies Making pre-hardmode bosses common in hardmode worlds

Sam1370

Terrarian
Pre-hardmode bosses such as the Eye of Cthulhu can be taken down in approximately 5 seconds with mid-hardmode gear. Because of this, I suggest that bosses such as the Eye of Cthulhu should be scaled down to mini-bosses and become a somewhat-rare enemy (maybe about after defeating at least one Mech Boss?)

Some that I thought up:
  • Aspiring Eye (sprites, if this suggestion ever becomes popular?) - A rare smaller version of the Eye of Cthulhu. Found at night during Hardmode, after defeating the Twins. 1250 health, 1750 in Expert Mode. Drops 2-3 Lenses (66.66% drop chance) and 1 Black Lens (5% drop chance, 7.5% in Expert Mode.)
  • Eater of Bones - A rare smaller version of Eater of Worlds. Found in the Underground Corruption during Hardmode, after defeating the Destroyer. Each segment has 175 health, 30 in Expert Mode. Has multiple segments (around 8?) that are killed individually, just like Eater of Worlds. Each segment has a 10% (15% in Expert Mode) chance to drop 2-3 Shadow Scales. After all the segments are killed, the last one drops 5-10 Shadow Scales (10-15 in Expert Mode)
  • Prince Slime (easiest to name, xD) - A rare smaller version of King Slime. Found in the outer thirds of the map or during Slime Rain. 400 health, 750 in Expert Mode. Retains King Slime's teleporting ability. Can drop a piece of the Ninja Armor Set (5% chance, 7.5% in Expert Mode) and also rarely the Solidifier (2% chance, 4% in Expert Mode.) May also drop the Slime Gun (5% drop chance, 7.5% in Expert Mode.)
  • Brainer - A rare smaller version of the Brain of Cthulhu. Found in the Underground Crimson after defeating the Destroyer. 1500 health, 2050 in Expert Mode. Retains BoC's teleporting ability. Does not summon Creepers. Drops 7-12 Tissue Samples, 10-15 in Expert Mode.
  • Drone Bee - A rare somewhat smaller version of Queen Bee. Found in the Underground Jungle and Hives (Spawn chance is quadrupled in Hives) after defeating Plantera. 2150 health, 3100 in Expert Mode. Can drop a piece of the Bee Armor Set (5% chance, 7.5% in Expert Mode) and can rarely drop Nectar (0.7% drop chance) and very rarely Honeyed Goggles (0.3% drop chance.)
  • Head Reincarnation - A rare somewhat smaller version of Skeletron's Head. Found in the Dungeon after defeating Skeletron and Skeletron Prime. Behaves like a Dungeon Guardian. 1560 health, 2100 in Expert Mode. Drops 5-10 Bones (100% drop chance.)
  • Hand Reincarnation - A rare somewhat smaller version of Skeletron's Hand. Found in the Dungeon after defeating Skeletron and Skeletron Prime. 750 health, 1250 in Expert Mode. Two are spawned at once, and both behave like Skeletron's Hands, attempting to swipe at the player. Drops 1-2 Bones (100% drop chance.) Can drop Skeletron Hand (hook) 2% of the time.
Those are just some, I don't have enough time to add in anymore, although I might later.
EDIT: Added a little more and made some changes to some existing.
So, what do you think? :D

Last edited:
so , you want to add minibosses into the game based on pre-hardmode bosses ?i'm okay with that , but why would the slime gun , an useless item , have a drop rate almost the same as the rod of discord (0.2% chance drop from
Chaos_Elemental.png
)

Nice idea. I'm not even sure if it would have to be weaker versions of the easymode bosses. Honestly, the easymode bosses as it is would be weaker enough in mid-hardmode. This might not fit in quite well, but it could be fun.

i'm okay with that , but why would the slime gun , an useless item , have a drop rate almost the same as the rod of discord (0.2% chance drop from
Chaos_Elemental.png
)
The slime gun has a 1 in 3 chance of dropping. Also this doesn't really pertain to this thread.

so , you want to add minibosses into the game based on pre-hardmode bosses ?i'm okay with that , but why would the slime gun , an useless item , have a drop rate almost the same as the rod of discord (0.2% chance drop from
Chaos_Elemental.png
)
Because it's sort of a joke item that can only be gotten by defeating King Slime?

Also, because if the chance was 1/3, almost whenever someone killed a Prince Slime, they would annoyingly get a Slime Gun.

At least a few of them already exist: The Aspiring Eye is basically the Wandering Eye, and the World Feeder is basically the Eater of Bones.

Last edited:
At least a few of them already exist: The Aspiring Eye is basically the Wandering Eye, and the World Feeder is basically the Eater of Bones.
wow, never noticed that! xD, thanks!
I'm putting notes up top on the Aspiring Eye and the Eater of Bones right now.
EDIT: Removed notes, sry :(
[doublepost=1491664778,1491664618][/doublepost]
Sorry, @amenyoussef, I didn't realize that you were talking about the Prince Slime that he'd suggested. I agree with you then.
Maybe 5% drop chance would be better—changing it right now.

Last edited:
In general, I support this idea. This sounds like an anti-grinding feature that allows you to get boss drops from non-boss sources. (Good for monies.)

The Wandering Eye and World Feeder are more like regular enemies than mini-bosses though. (They should be buffed, made rarer as well as drop more loot.)

Maybe these mini-bosses can start spawning once the corresponding hardmode boss has been defeated?
(Aspiring Eye <-- Twins
Eater of Bones / Brainer <-- Destroyer
Prince Slime <-- Duke Fishron?
Drone Bee <-- Plantera
Head/Hand Reincarnation <-- Skeletron Prime)

I thought maybe the pre-hardmode bosses can get buffed as well after the above happens. Nothing too special, just more health, damage and (especially) money drops and rare item drop rate.

In general, I support this idea. This sounds like an anti-grinding feature that allows you to get boss drops from non-boss sources. (Good for monies.)

The Wandering Eye and World Feeder are more like regular enemies than mini-bosses though. (They should be buffed, made rarer as well as drop more loot.)

Maybe these mini-bosses can start spawning once the corresponding hardmode boss has been defeated?
(Aspiring Eye <-- Twins
Eater of Bones / Brainer <-- Destroyer
Prince Slime <-- Duke Fishron?
Drone Bee <-- Plantera
Head/Hand Reincarnation <-- Skeletron Prime)

I thought maybe the pre-hardmode bosses can get buffed as well after the above happens. Nothing too special, just more health, damage and (especially) money drops and rare item drop rate.
Wow, really good idea! Adding! :D

It says that the eater of bones spawns after the destroyer but it doesn't say that brainer does. Most of the drops for the mini bosses are pretty much useless. Maybe in expert they could drop an item that upgrades the expert drop from the boss they are based off of. I'm not really sure about non expert mode drops though.

It says that the eater of bones spawns after the destroyer but it doesn't say that brainer does. Most of the drops for the mini bosses are pretty much useless. Maybe in expert they could drop an item that upgrades the expert drop from the boss they are based off of. I'm not really sure about non expert mode drops though.
The three mechanical boss expert drops can't function by themselves, and need to be crafted together to form the Mechanical Cart. You want three separate and unique upgrade materials dedicated solely to upgrade the mech minecart even further?

I mean't that they upgrade the prehardmode boss they are based off of, not the hardmode one.

Oh, mistake :p
Changing that

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom