Biomes & Nature Making the Desert and Snow biomes more important

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Let's be honest, the desert & snow are pretty lame, especially pre-hardmode. You pop in there, get some sweetie armor and fragments, and your gone. You never come back. So, I have an idea.
Make the desert and snow an antithesis!
You see, they've already started doing this with the Frost <-> Forbidden armors being double class, and the Sand and Ice female entities. But, we can go a little farther.
First, let's start with the Fossil armor. As an antithesis to it, let me present:

Ice Shard
Made by putting Slush blocks in an Extractinator.
Can be used to craft:
Glacier Headdress
Defense: 4
Buff: 7% increased minion damage
Glacier Robe
Defense: 5
Buff: 10% increased minion size and 8% increased minion damage
Glacier Slippers
Defense: 3
Buff: 5% increased minion damage
Set Bonus: Gives the user life regeneration whilst in the Snow Biome
Counterparts for the Basilisk, Ghoul and Lamia
Crocicicle
Fighter AI
Damage: 73/146 (Expert)
Health: 210/420 (Expert)
Defense: 27
KB Resist: 60/64
Moves much quicker than the basilisk, and has ice breath which can inflict the Chilled debuff. It can also run on the water surface.
(Drops Icy Tuba, which is a replacement for the Ancient Horn)
Yeti
Fighter AI
Damage: 65/130
Health: 270/540
Defense: 41
KB Resist: 90
Moves incredibly slowly, trudges, and swings low.
Variants:
Toxic Yeti
Is rotted, and has these new stats:
Damage: 80/160
Health: 220/440
Defense: 26
KB Resist: 40
Had a complete turnaround, is very fast, and strikes quickly. But now it is much frailer.
Bloody Yeti
Damage: 70/140
Health: 300/600
Defense: 45
KB Resist: 75
Is slower and builker, but with a lower ability to resist knockback.
Sparkly Yeti (it has the same stats as the original)
(Drops Yeti hairs, which are the same as ancient cloth)
Yuki Onna (Yin (dark) and Yang (light) versions)
Damage: 25/110
Health: 400/800
Defense: 60
Is immune to knockback
Sends out songs that damage and have a 40% can inflict a new debuff, Charmed. The player is turned towards the Yuki Onna's direction and can not turn away

Last edited:
Ice Essence is uh, a weird name. Why not Ice Shard or something? It's weird to have "essences" coming out of the Extractinator.

Glacier Headdress
Defense: 4
Buff: 15% increased minion damage

This is more than Spooky Helmet, and it's available pre Eye Of Cthulhu. Should probably split that with the Robe, since I'm pretty sure minion size would be as significant of a stat as movement speed.

Ice Essence is uh, a weird name. Why not Ice Shard or something? It's weird to have "essences" coming out of the Extractinator.

This is more than Spooky Helmet, and it's available pre Eye Of Cthulhu. Should probably split that with the Robe, since I'm pretty sure minion size would be as significant of a stat as movement speed.
Ah, okay. Shard is nice too, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom