Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Well... could be... needs tweaks.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Silver, get out of my life forever.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Melee and summoner classes have little motivation to head to the Hardmode Dungeon. All that's in it for you is... the Keybrand. Or the rare Paladin's Hammer. This thread seeks to change that with the addition of a few items.

Skull_Crusher.png
Whiplash (thanks for the name, @Snickerbobble!)
  • Flail
  • Dropped by Hardmode Dungeon skeletons with a 1.33% drop chance
  • 61 melee damage
  • Slow speed
  • Strong knockback
  • Can go through walls
  • Tooltip: "Whiplash: a severe injury to the neck caused by sudden movement, typically when hit by a giant skull."
Hellfire_Wand.png
Hellfire Wand
  • Summoner
  • Dropped by Diabolists with a 1.5% chance
  • Summons little fireballs
  • 31 summon damage
  • Slow speed
  • Weak knockback
  • Tooltip: "Apply really, really cold water to burned area."
Wanderer_Staff.png
Wanderer Staff
  • Summoner
  • Crafted with 16 Ectoplasm and 14 Chlorophyte Bars
  • Summons lost souls
  • 25 summon damage
  • Fast speed
  • Strong knockback
Nightrend_Staff.png
Nightrend Staff (thanks for the sprite, @Hunited)
  • Summoner
  • Dropped by Necromancers with a 1.5% chance
  • Summons dark angels that shoot Shadowbeams at enemies
  • 22 summon damage
  • Very Fast speed
Does anyone have input? Could these be changed? Is it right to focus on the mages only? Please give feedback!

Last edited:
I think this is a pretty good idea. When I'm on a melee run, I never even bother taking on the Dungeon, just go right past for Golem/Pumpkin. Support!

I've received a suggestion for the Nightrend Staff's sprite that I would like, I think. Are there any spriters capable of doing purple wings atop a black staff?

Idea for the Skull Crusher: Maybe call it Whip Lash? Or its tool tip. Whip lash: "Injury caused by a severe jerk to the head, typically in a motor-vehicle accident."

Idea for the Skull Crusher: Maybe call it Whip Lash? Or its tool tip. Whip lash: "Injury caused by a severe jerk to the head, typically in a motor-vehicle accident."
I really like that idea. I'll add a little Terrarian twist to it too.
pretty good idea but what do the projectiles from the hellfire and wanderer staffs behave like? im a bit confused
They behave as melee-type minions. I didn't want them to summon baby Casters because that would be a little overdone to me.

The only motivation needed for me to go to a Dungeon is "I'll be able to go wreck dumb skeletrons non-stop" but a few new weapons may be good... Except I see they're RNGed. Guess I'll just keep going to the Dungeon for the sake of beating skeletons around, then.

hmm it the concept is good though I feel the summons are a little lacking perhaps the diabolist drop could be a hellhound(or some other fire monster... at least make them a willowisp at minimum, lost soul is fine as its a spirit)
and how does the necromancer not summon undead such a missed opportunity...

For Melee weapons SzGamer has made a good selection you should look at that!

The only motivation needed for me to go to a Dungeon is "I'll be able to go wreck dumb skeletrons non-stop" but a few new weapons may be good... Except I see they're RNGed. Guess I'll just keep going to the Dungeon for the sake of beating skeletons around, then.
Not the Wanderer Staff, though it was originally. I'm trying to think of an original way to get the Nightrend.

I'd rather have the Melee weapons that I suggested, but whatever.

I think the HM Dungeon needs at least one Minion weapon in there somewhere. I personally think something that summons Cursed Skulls that alternate between shooting and charging would be cool, but that's just me. :p

Back
Top Bottom