Biomes & Nature Making the rain slightly more appealing.

Dg-vr

Dungeon Spirit
Hello there, im Dgvr, i been playing Terraria for a long time, and enjoying it of course.
Anyway, getting to the main focus:
WhWeOut.png

The rain event, a nice feature in-game that brings a lively vision of the game wheater system, changes it speed variant, "mass", Etc. and even turns into a "blood" rain during a blood moon.
1ppuZlf.gif

Still, it feel like it's missig something, isn't?

Recently i played Terraria in it's mobile edition thanks to a friend, and i noticed something that i din't saw before.
Thunderbolts.
(source taken from a clip of a video on youtube, sorry if din't get something better.)
gJHhMVp.gif

I know that is a simple feature, but it's something that gives the rain even more "enchantment" even tought there's thunderbolts on the vortex pillar background but they aren't similar to the ones that appear on console, these work like somekind of light increase for a couple of miliseconds, and looks pretty awesome.
Hope Terraria gets this, considering looks easy to add (i don't know about coding) would be a great enchantment.

that's all i got for now, it's my first suggestion after all this time, and feedback is appreaciated. :p
And special thanks to @Yoraiz0r for telling me to post it on this section. (sorry for bothering)

Hello there, im Dgvr, i been playing Terraria for a long time, and enjoying it of course.
Anyway, getting to the main focus:
WhWeOut.png

The rain event, a nice feature in-game that brings a lively vision of the game wheater system, changes it speed variant, "mass", Etc. and even turns into a "blood" rain during a blood moon.
1ppuZlf.gif

Still, it feel like it's missig something, isn't?

Recently i played Terraria in it's mobile edition thanks to a friend, and i noticed something that i din't saw before.
Thunderbolts.
(source taken from a clip of a video on youtube, sorry if din't get something better.)
gJHhMVp.gif

I know that is a simple feature, but it's something that gives the rain even more "enchantment" even tought there's thunderbolts on the vortex pillar background but they aren't similar to the ones that appear on console, these work like somekind of light increase for a couple of miliseconds, and looks pretty awesome.
Hope Terraria gets this, considering looks easy to add (i don't know about coding) would be a great enchantment.

that's all i got for now, it's my first suggestion after all this time, and feedback is appreaciated. :p
And special thanks to @Yoraiz0r for telling me to post it on this section. (sorry for bothering)
This'll be a good little tidbit to add.

Yeah, anymore Rain works like this:

In Easymode:
"Oh crud, no fireflies tonight...."
"Blah, that means stupid flying fish are gonna pester me constantly."
"Blah, I can't tell when day/night happens because Rain music overrides both."

In Hardmode:

"Better farm an Ice Feather real quick!"
"Time to farm Nimbus Rod."

If I already have both of those, then see Easymode.

That's basically all rain is to me. Ice Feathers, Nimbus Rods, and Flying Fish that pester me. And of course, the Firefly blocking I don't like either. It is hard enough to find a night they are actually spawning.

I think it'd look nicer if they made thunderbolts even better (and more realistic) on the PC version:

They'd flash white, like usual, slightly lighting up the terrain. Then quickly fade to black, and fade back to normal, all within a span of 1 to 4 seconds.

Also, the lightning noise you can barely hear while in-game. I think more deep bass rumbling, and increase the volume of the crack a bit would help too.

Back
Top Bottom