Weapons & Equip Making the Shark Tooth Necklace NOT borderline useless.

The shark tooth necklace is pretty good in prehardmode, let's take the space gun for example. When using meteor armor the space gun has 22 damage. Prehardmode enemies have around 8 defense so that lowers the damage to 18. (defense is only buffed for players in expert mode).
The sharktooh necklace adds at least +2 damage to anything with more than 5 defense so that brings us to 20 damage. That is an 11.1% damage boost.
An accesory that increases you damage output almost as much as an avenger emblem in prehardmode is pretty good.

Don't move it to hardmode there are plenty of damage boosting accessories there, what other prehardmode accesory can boost your damage output? All I can think of is hive pack with bee weapons.

I think the sharktooth necklace just needs a partner at the tinkerer's station. Maybe make you can combine it avenger or destroyer emblem for an ultimate damage accessory?
Maybye Combine it with the Putrid scent? It is a damage accesory that gets a bit outshadowed by the emblems, and its only on corruption worlds, allowing for an alternative to ichor. It would have the 5% crit and damage in addition to 10 armor penetration.

Actually, I Wasn't Listing 2 Percent As The Average, But Sure, Take It Like That.

3 More Damage Can Be An Incredible Or Garbage Boost To DPS; That's My Point, It's A Static Boost. Using A Meowmere With Shark Tooth Necklace Is An Incredibly Stupid Idea. Using A Minishark With A Shark Tooth Necklace Is A 33%, At Worst, Boost To Damage.

I'll Say Again, 33% TO 50% Damage Boost.

Honestly, I Wasn't Even Looking At Minishark Judging This When I First Got It, I Was Looking At Lightning Aura Rod.

While Omega Derpling (And The Wiki) Said That LA Ignores Defense, I Still See This Thing Doing 70 Damage Against Target Dummies, Which Don't Have Any Defense, But Whatever, Off Topic.
The fact that you spend your time making every word capitalized just because (unless out of spite) is kind of impressive. Yes I know this has nothing to do with the post, but I'll point it out regardless.

The Shark Tooth Necklace doesn't look like much, I know, but it's surprisingly powerful. It's also one of the very few items that provides a flat damage bonus, which can be extremely useful for not just the Minishark and co., but also the Blade Staff. Love that thing.

It's also special in that it gets a lot more useful in Expert and Master Mode, since enemies tend to have higher defense there.

The necklace itself is fine as is, but upgrades would be nice. I like your suggestion of having one drop from the Hemogoblin Shark.

The Shark Tooth Necklace doesn't look like much, I know, but it's surprisingly powerful. It's also one of the very few items that provides a flat damage bonus, which can be extremely useful for not just the Minishark and co., but also the Blade Staff. Love that thing.

It's also special in that it gets a lot more useful in Expert and Master Mode, since enemies tend to have higher defense there.

The necklace itself is fine as is, but upgrades would be nice. I like your suggestion of having one drop from the Hemogoblin Shark.
I hadn’t used it quite enough when making this suggestion, I’m probably not going to revisit it though.

Hemogoblin shark tooth necklace is actually a pretty good idea for an upgrade for this item. It just really needs a shorter name, and to not be that extreme.
10 defense penetration sound good?

Back
Top Bottom