Biomes & Nature Malicious Flowers

To yee or not to yee

• Yee

• Yee but change _

• Not yee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good news and bad news.
Bad: Sunflowers won't block corruption/crimson anymore
Good: They turn into powerful new items.
Buffs with "wrath" when nearby
Sunflowers that are spread to by the corruption become these.
Buffs with "rage" when nearby
Sunflowers that are spread to by the crimson become these.
Only 1 sunflower can buff at a time. The order of priorty is as follows: Happy < Wrath < Rage

If you have the buff of the potion and go to its flower, the timer for the buff freezes.

Good news and bad news.
Bad: Sunflowers won't block corruption/crimson anymore
Good: They turn into powerful new items.
Buffs with "wrath" when nearby
Sunflowers that are spread to by the corruption become these.
Buffs with "rage" when nearby
Sunflowers that are spread to by the crimson become these.
Only 1 sunflower can buff at a time. The order of priorty is as follows: Happy < Wrath < Rage

If you have the buff of the potion and go to its flower, the timer for the buff freezes.
This is a really good idea and I am all for it.
Sunflowers couldn't block the evil biomes to save our lives, anyways.

Crimson sunflowers are a real thing. ;)
As the name implies, they are a sunflower with dark red petals instead of yellow. I've grown them before and they're very pretty! I haven't heard of purple sunflowers (or corrupt sunflowers) before though.

I like this idea. Agreed that sunflowers are useless to stop spreading, since the Corruption/Crimson will just spread through the rock underneath.

Now you need a Hallow variant too. Perhaps this could have the Calm effect (reduced monster spawns, like the Calming Potion). Such an effect would be greater than Happy and stack with the Peace Candle, but would not stack with a Calming Potion. (The timer would pause for this too.)

Crimson sunflowers are a real thing. ;)
As the name implies, they are a sunflower with dark red petals instead of yellow. I've grown them before and they're very pretty! I haven't heard of purple sunflowers (or corrupt sunflowers) before though.

I like this idea. Agreed that sunflowers are useless to stop spreading, since the Corruption/Crimson will just spread through the rock underneath.

Now you need a Hallow variant too. Perhaps this could have the Calm effect (reduced monster spawns, like the Calming Potion). Such an effect would be greater than Happy and stack with the Peace Candle, but would not stack with a Calming Potion. (The timer would pause for this too.)
The hallow always seemed at peace with the sunflowers to me, but perhaps.

This seems pretty nice, but the fact that they would give these useful buffs make them seem a bit overpowered. Rather than brewing a potion, I could just plant a sunflower near the Corruption, let it spread, and then I could get a permanent Wrath buff for my arena.

Maybe half their effectiveness(or reduce it by 25%), just so the potions could retain their usefulness?

This seems pretty nice, but the fact that they would give these useful buffs make them seem a bit overpowered. Rather than brewing a potion, I could just plant a sunflower near the Corruption, let it spread, and then I could get a permanent Wrath buff for my arena.

Maybe half their effectiveness(or reduce it by 25%), just so the potions could retain their usefulness?
Anyone who constantly uses potions would likely use happy because it is the only one that cannot be gained if you use a different flower.

Anyone who avoids potions (such as my unproffesional self) now gets to make a desicion, which is where issues with balance might come in.

Anyone who constantly uses potions would likely use happy because it is the only one that cannot be gained if you use a different flower.

Anyone who avoids potions (such as my unproffesional self) now gets to make a desicion, which is where issues with balance might come in.

Don't worry I don't use potions either. ~;)

Back
Top Bottom