tModLoader Malicious Mod

distru121

Official Terrarian
Malicious Logo Big.png

Hi everyone! I'm a new modder that wants to make...well...mods :indifferent:

This is my first mod: the Malicious Mod!
This mod adds many bosses and content, and will add more alongside new weapons, crafting items, accessories, enemies etc.

Fiery Update(v0.41)!
This update adds a new boss, enemies and several new weapons and armors, all fire/molten/hell themed!

Click Here to join the Malicious Mod Discord Server!

Here are the current contents of the mod:
  • 6 Bosses with custom AI​
  • 155 Items​
  • Many weapons​
  • Some accessories​
  • 8 Armor sets​
  • 1 Town NPC​
  • 16 Enemies​
  • 1 Event​
  • ...and more!​

NOTE: I'm the only one currently developing this mod, and I'm not very great at spriting large bosses, so for now some of the sprites aren't that great.
I'm planning on do better sprites for the new versions, so if someone wants to help just join the mod's Discord Server!

For now, the mod adds 6 new bosses with custom AI made by me that could challenge the player in many ways!

The Flesh Amalgamate

FleshAmalgamate.png

The Flesh Amalgamate is a Pre-Hardmode Blood Moon boss. Its summoning item is dropped rarely by Blood Zombies and Dripplers, and can be summoned only at night (doesn't need to be a Blood Moon).
Its gear and armor is flesh/blood themed, to make the blood moon a more interesting event.
In the boss progression is a bonus boss placed between the Eye of Chtulu and the Queen Bee, its drops can make early/mid Pre-Hardmode much easier!

The Mosquito Mother

MosquitoMother.png

The Mosquito Mother is a Pre-hardmode jungle boss. She can be summoned in the Jungle using the Mosquito Doll, craftable using the drop of Mosquitoes, that spawns in the jungle after the Queen Bee is defeated.
It's supposed to be fought at least after the Queen Bee, but it's better if fought after Skeletron.

Battron, the Cave Ruler

Battron.png

Battron is a pre-hardmode cavern layer boss. He can be summoned with the Bat Snack while in the Cavern Layer.
It's supposed to be fought after Skeletron, because its fight will be a tough one. Prepare an arena and get ready to dodge his Sonic Wave Attacks!
If you will manage to defeat him, new enemies will start spawning underground, finally free from his oppression.

The Grand Granite Worm

GGW.png

The Grand Granite Worm is a colossal, pre-hardmode granite cave boss. It is summoned using the Granitic Sonar in the Cavern Layer (you can fight it anywhere in the cavern layer, without being limited to the Granite Caves).
This is the tougher of the mod's pre-hardmode bosses, fought right before the WoF, dealing extreme amount of damage with its head, going through blocks and shooting energy sparks at the player, so it's highly recommended a big arena and an appropriate mobility setup.

Deep Sea Goliath

DeepSeaGoliath.png

The Deep Sea Goliath is a colossal hardmode ocean boss. It can be summoned using the Depths Emblem in a beach. It can be fought anytime during hardmode, but it's suggested to get to the bossfight well prepared. Be ready to doge its punches and lethal attacks!
At its death, it will reward you with a variety of very good hardmode equipment, that can make early-mid hardmode a lot easier!

Caldera, the Fallen

Caldera.png

When the meteors fell from the sky, an ancient being awakened from the core of one of them…she was weakened by the new environment she found herself in, but ready to kill anyone that would dare challenge her...
Caldera is meant to be fought after Skeletron or Battron, and she can grant the player some very good pre-hardmode weapons as well as the access to a new set of armor that allows the player to choose a damage class between ranged and melee.
Also, after her defeat, new enemies will begin spawning near fallen meteors...

The boss sprites are obscured to not ruin your experience with some of my crappy boss sprites;)
The Malicious mod adds some new enemies to the game, to enhance the experience even more.

Mosquito.png

Mosquito
Spawns in the jungle after defeating the Queen Bee. It drops the Mosquito Dust, a material needed to fight 2 new bosses and make a useful armorset.

Silverfish.png

Silverfish
Spawns in the Cavern Layer after Battron is defeated. It drops the Antennae, a decent pre-hardmode sword.

Stoneling.png

Stoneling
Spawns in the Cavern Layer after Battron is defeated. It hides under the resemblance of a strange stone, just to throw itself to the player if he gets near. Drops some stone and the Stoned Staff, a minion staff that can prove useful in many situations.

GranitewormHead.png

Granite Worm
A large stone worm that spawns in Granite Caves after Battron is defeated. It can drop Granite Teeth that are used in the crafting of the Granitic Sonar, the item used to summon the Grand Granite Worm, but they could be a challenge to beat for the unprepared player, making Granite Caves a more dangerous place.

ShoreZombie.png

Shore Zombie
A zombie covered in seaweed. It spawns in the Beach at night, and can drop a new bait for your fishing rod!

GiantPistolCrab.png

Giant Pistol Crab
A beach miniboss. Don't go near it, because one of its shockwaves can make bad injuries! If defeated it can drop its carapace, or its claw.

CoreHopper.png

Core Hopper
A little jumping spider that spawns in meteorite biomes after Caldera is defeated.

CoreDigger.png

Core Digger
A dangerous fiery worm that spawns in meteorite biomes after Caldera is defeated.

CoreMelter.png

Core Melter
A creature made of molten magma, spawns in meteorite biomes in hardmode after Caldera is defeated. Stay sharp: its bite melts you from the inside!

ElderDemon.png

Elder Demon
An ancient type of demon made of magma and volcanic rock that spawn in the hardmode underworld. Shoots molten sickles that melts you from the inside!
The Bones Horde

BonesHord.png

The Bones Horde is a Skeleton/Halloween themed invasion to be fought after skeletron. It requires a Spook Medallion to be activated, and can be fought only at night. You can get many different types of loot from this invasion, like accessories and weapons that can be very useful in pre-hardmode, and the powerful Necro Necklace.

Different types of skeletons spawns during the invasion:
- Armed Bones
- Skeleton Gunslingers
- Skeleton Casters
- Jack-o'-Skulls
- ...And the invasion miniboss at the end, Skulltron.
The Malicious Mod also adds many extra weapons to the game. Here are some of them.

Styringuer.png
Styringuer
A little, but very useful shortsword. Dropped by the Mosquitoes, steals life on every hit!

Antennae.png
The Antennae
Dropped by Silverfish underground. Could be a good mid-hardmode sword to get due to its speed and size!

StonedStaff.png
Stoned Staff
Dropped by Stonelings underground. Summons a little, but deadly Boulder that "follows" you around!

CaveLordClaymore.png
Cave Lord's Claymore
The ultimate pre-hardmode weapon every cave master should have. Crafted at a Demon Altar with Hellstone Bars, various types of stone and all the gems found underground.

GoldenGun.png
Golden Gun
A gun made of gold and...goldfish? Any type of bullet shot with this gun will be turn into Golden Bullets, that make enemies drop more coins.

TheGrassHopper.png
The Grass Hopper
This powerful pre-hardmode gun can shoot bouncing grasshoppers! It's crafted with a Handgun, 20 grasshoppers and 12 Vines. The only problem will be to catch its ammunitions...

DemonSlayerKatana.png
Demon Slayer Katana
A black katana forged from ashes of dead demons.

FireBouquet.png
The Fire Bouquet
Crafted with 3 Flowers of Fire, it does exactly what you should expect.

FrostBouquet.png
The Frost Bouquet
Exactly like the Fire Bouquet, but this time...chiller.

CannonClaw.png
Cannon Claw
The claw of the Giant Pistol Crab. Shoots exploding shockwaves.

PrismaticGun.png
Prismatic Gun
An upgrade to the space pistol, this giant crystal prysm shoots a lot...with a downside in precision. Crafted with a Space Pistol, 50 Crystal Shards and 15 Souls of Light.

AncientSword.png
Ancient Sword
Crafted with a Bone Sword and a Broken Ancient Blade, a rare drop from the Bones Horde. Great to fight big groups of enemies due to its power, the Ancient Rage, that triggers every time an enemy is killed, increasing damage and melee speed (of any melee weapon!) for a small amount of seconds, and increasing in power for a max of 3 times for every enemy killed.

TheDetonator.png
The Detonator
A flare isn't enough? Make it explode!

MechanicalAssaultRifle.png
Mechanical Assault Rifle
An upgrade to the Clockwork Rifle. Crafted with a Clockwork Assault Rifle, 15 Hallow Bars and Illegal Gun Parts.

LaserShotgun.png
Laser Shotgun
A situational upgrade to the Laser Rifle. Crafted with a Laser Rifle, 12 Hallow Bars and Illegal Gun Parts.

RuptureBlade.png
Rupture Blade
An upgrade to the Breaker Blade. Crafted with Breaker Blade, 8 Hallow Bars and 20 souls of night. Bigger, stronger and with more knockback than its predecessor.

RainOfLasers.png
Rain of Lasers
Crafted with a Laser Rifle, 30 hallowed Bars, 12 Shroomite Bars and 20 Souls of Might, Fright and Sight, this laser-imbued wand will LIGHT UP THE SKY!!!

TrueDemonSlayerKatana.png
True Demon Slayer Katana
Its true power has been unleashed...
Jack.png

The Skeleton
He can arrive at your village after you defeated the Bones Horde and its final miniboss, Skulltron. He sells Bones, Jack-o-Lanterns and the Treat Bag, a food that can be consumed to give the player a decent buff to minions for 10 minutes.
The Malicious Mod adds 8 armorsets. All the armorsets have their special abilities!

FleshArmor.png
Flesh Armor
Made with the drop of the Flesh Amalgamate, the Flesh Armorset grants a good first bonus!

MosquitoArmor.png
Mosquito Armor
Made with the drop of the Mosquito Mother, the Mosquito Armorset is good for someone that likes damage bonuses.

SpelunkerArmor.PNG
Spelunker Armor
Dropped by Battron itself, this Armorset gives an optimal versatibility when there is a need to explore caves.

PulsatingMeteorArmor.PNG
Pulsating Meteor Armor (Helmet/Hat)
Made of Pulsating Meteorite Ingots, it allows an early choice between ranged and melee damage.

GranitiumArmor.png
Granitium Armor
Made with the drops of the Grand granite Worm and a Platinum/Gold Armor. Its set bonus is great to feel protected!

HeatplateArmor.png
Heatplate Armor
A good early-hardmode armor based on melee damage. Melt your foes from the inside with its special bonus!

AshenDemonArmor.png
Ashen Demon Armor
A hardmode armor made of demonic ash, that centers itself around the mage class. Its set bonus is totally unique!

DepthiumArmor.PNG
Depthium Armor
Made in Depthium, the ancient allow dropped by the Deep Sea Goliath. Its resistance to pressure make enemy hits go in your advantage!

Distru121mask.png
Distru121's Mask
Dev Item. Because why not.

DemonSlayerDress.png
Demon Slayer Dress and Pants
A pre-hardmode melee-throwing armor, made of the ashes of fallen demons.
Discover it yourself using Cheat Sheet or another cheat mod!

:happy:Aviable on the Mod Browser!!!:happy:
If you want to download it manually you can do it HERE.

15000 Downloads! Thank you guys!!!

⚠WARNING⚠: Unstable multiplayer compatibility!!! Don't use on servers... unless you want to experience bugs. In that case you are welcome!

...and also, if you spot a bug, please report it the Discord Server, I will fix it ASAP!
I'm not a smart guy, it's not new I publish a totally bugged version of the mod...

<3
Versions:

v0.11: First release.
v0.12: Fixed a bug that made the mod crash caused by a test block that I left in the code.
v0.21: Cavern Update (many content added to the cavern layer experience and more!) and added Boss Checklist Compatibility.
v0.26: Mini-update: the Spooky Update(Bones Horde event added).
v0.31: Sea Update (some content added to the ocean and a new boss) and opened Malicious Mod Discord Server.
v0.41: Fiery Update (some content added to the meteorite biome, a new boss, and a lot of new molten/fire/hell themed weapons).

Last edited:
Looks like a very good mod! Sprites are awesome except some (I don't like your swords' sprites because there are shaded niot in style of terraria. (I suugest analizing shading of Thorium's sprites, because they are perfect example of how terraria sprite need to look). Also, your mod diesn't want to work. During reloading it gives error about example block and when I oress "continue" button, game crashes with error where ut can't find texture2d (I can post screenshots, if you need) and that's sad, because your mod looks promising.

Looks like a very good mod! Sprites are awesome except some (I don't like your swords' sprites because there are shaded niot in style of terraria. (I suugest analizing shading of Thorium's sprites, because they are perfect example of how terraria sprite need to look). Also, your mod diesn't want to work. During reloading it gives error about example block and when I oress "continue" button, game crashes with error where ut can't find texture2d (I can post screenshots, if you need) and that's sad, because your mod looks promising.
Thanks for the feedback!:happy:
And also, thanks for telling me about the mod crash. It was actually an example block from Examplemod that I forgot to delete from the code that was causing the mod to not work. I released another version of the mod that should fix this bug (aviable on the ModLoader and manual download from this page).
Also, if the texture2d error keeps happening, a solution could be to delete the config.json file in the Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader folder.

Tested it. I looks awesome! I especially like mosqito boss! Also, you should add Boss Checklist support. That'd be very helpful! Finally, I found another mod to put into my "I support" list!

Edit: I forgot to mention, that problem with Texture2d was fixed!

Last edited:
I played around with your mod and the sprites are very well-made. The flesh boss is kind of a pushover with some platforms though.(much like king slime) The mosquito mother looks pretty tough but fair. I also like the fact 2 bosses are both pre-hardmode because vanilla pre-hardmode is boring. Keep up the good work!

New update looks AWESOME! By the way, did you add Boss Checklist support? That would be very useful.
Yes, now the mod is compatible with Boss Checklist! You will be able to see all the mod bosses and the ways to summon them ;)

Great to hear that! By the way, will you add marble boss too? Or at least increase marble biome's content somehow?
I have a lot of things in mind right now for updates and planned features, so… you could expect anything from future versions of the mod ;)

This mod is quite strange
Some items/enemies have good sprites, when the bosses and small amount of items/enemies have complete trash sprites
But, on the bright side, the mod has quite good code, and it will get better and better if you wont abandon it.
I suggest creating a disord server, where some people can help with coding and spriting

I am seeing an issue with the Bloodshot Staff. When several of the bloodshot eyes are summoned, I experience significant lag while they are firing.
Hi and thank you for reporting this issue! I personally tested this thing with 20 bloodshot eyes and I didn't notice any lag, but I will check if I can do something anyways.

Hi and thank you for reporting this issue! I personally tested this thing with 20 bloodshot eyes and I didn't notice any lag, but I will check if I can do something anyways.

As a note, this was while playing on the Linux version of Terraria. Performance issues tend to show up more due to the Mono runtime having less performance compared to .Net.

Back
Top Bottom