Member-Run Contest Man, we need some really good NPC houses, there just aren't many.

2VWlV23.jpg

well even if the contests over it's always nice to have somewhere to post builds. :b
(I've been wanting to post these here for a while since I made them after I posted my other ones. some of them are a little derivative, but I like them more.)
Capture 2016-07-27 19_26_18.png Capture 2016-07-27 19_27_16.png Capture 2016-07-27 19_27_36.png Capture 2016-07-27 19_29_44.png Capture 2016-07-27 19_30_46.png Capture 2016-07-27 19_31_27.png

Needs his crafting item. Why not a cooking pot instead of dye vat?
The room was originally envisioned as an alchemy lab, but it seems to suit the Tinkerer well - he matches the aesthetic. I've found the tinkerer's workshop just doesn't look that great, and I wanted to break away from orthodoxy. Cooking pot is a bit boring, doesn't have the alchemist feel I was looking for.
imo, it should be an alchemy table. all the lined up "potions" need to come from somewhere right? good design otherwise, simple and practical, like you said. :)
I don't have an alchemy table yet in this game (it's a solo expert run), and the dye vat looks pretty good IMO. I just pretend that's not dye it's making.

The biggest advantage of the way I did it is early accessibility: you can construct this room just as I built it without killing a single boss. It's part of my Early Game Masterpieces series.

imo, it should be an alchemy table. all the lined up "potions" need to come from somewhere right? good design otherwise, simple and practical, like you said. :)
Lol well I'm not much with 1.3 my computer went to junk, (don't let people browse random :red: on your computer..) so i been all mobile lately.

The room was originally envisioned as an alchemy lab, but it seems to suit the Tinkerer well - he matches the aesthetic. I've found the tinkerer's workshop just doesn't look that great, and I wanted to break away from orthodoxy. Cooking pot is a bit boring, doesn't have the alchemist feel I was looking for.

I don't have an alchemy table yet in this game (it's a solo expert run), and the dye vat looks pretty good IMO. I just pretend that's not dye it's making.

The biggest advantage of the way I did it is early accessibility: you can construct this room just as I built it without killing a single boss. It's part of my Early Game Masterpieces series.

I hadn't thought about accesibility....

anyway, I hope you don't mind but I tried messing with your room design with "accesibility" in mind.

Capture 2016-07-28 18_16_04.png

the only thing that's kind of problematic is the cauldron, which requires that it be halloween, and that you've defeated the queen bee. you can change your PC's date, for the first part, but maybe it's better to use the regular cooking pot? idk.

sorry if I kind of ran away with your build, but I wanted to play with the idea of it. :b

EDIT: I totally forgot a chair... oh well, too lazy to fix it now.

I hadn't thought about accesibility....

anyway, I hope you don't mind but I tried messing with your room design with "accesibility" in mind.

View attachment 130540

the only thing that's kind of problematic is the cauldron, which requires that it be halloween, and that you've defeated the queen bee. you can change your PC's date, for the first part, but maybe it's better to use the regular cooking pot? idk.

sorry if I kind of ran away with your build, but I wanted to play with the idea of it. :b

EDIT: I totally forgot a chair... oh well, too lazy to fix it now.
No, actually I quite like it. Would you care to submit it to my Early Game Masterpieces thread modified to not use the cauldron?

I tried enchanted nightcrawlers, but their animation was very choppy on my PC for some reason (everything else moves smoothly).

No, actually I quite like it. Would you care to submit it to my Early Game Masterpieces thread modified to not use the cauldron?

I tried enchanted nightcrawlers, but their animation was very choppy on my PC for some reason (everything else moves smoothly).
I think that's just how they move... it's how they move on my PC, and this is the example image from the wiki, so I guess they're just weird like that.
Placed_Worms.gif

anything in particular you want me to say? otherwise I'm just going to post the image of the house...

I think that's just how they move... it's how they move on my PC, and this is the example image from the wiki, so I guess they're just weird like that.
Placed_Worms.gif

anything in particular you want me to say? otherwise I'm just going to post the image of the house...
No, I'm good :)

I thank you guys for these download links, even though the last post was more than a year ago. They are very helpful, as I am able to easily copy and paste things from you guys's worlds to a world that me and my friend are making.

Anyway, I'll contribute to the post.

20171223012144_1.jpg

This is a house that my friend made for the cyborg. To the left is a tinkerer's workshop for the goblin, and under that is an underground weapons dealer. ;)

20171223012224_1.jpg

My friend made this entirely, and the only modded block is the wireless teleporter to the left, which you don't even need to get into the ship.

20171223012134_1.jpg

And finally, a wizard tower! This didn't take my friend long to make, only about an hour of our 5 hour session.

Attachments

• Vanilla_With_Xeno.wld
    2.8 MB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom