tModLoader Mana ammo

Maroon

Plantera
Mana ammo
Fuel your guns and bows with the power of mana!

How does it work?
You can craft guns and bows that can shoot as many bullets or arrows as you want...
as long as you have the mana to do so.

Discord
https://discord.gg/WG4bQSH

Items
Musket ball, silver bullet, and meteor shot variants for all pre hardmode guns

Musket ball upgrade- mana crystal & two stacks of musket balls

Silver bullet upgrade- Mana crystal & two stacks of silver bullets

Meteor shot upgrade- Mana crystal & two stacks of meteor shots

Download count
N/A

Last edited:
Version 1.0 is now available on the mod browser!

Change log:
-Musket ball, silver bullet, and meteor shot upgrades added
-Musket ball, silver bullet, and meteor shot variants of all pre hardmode guns

I do plan on making extension mods that support bullets from other mods once I am done with all of the stuff included in the base game.

Well, I wouldn't exactly mind.
If it leads to more bullet, then sure!
Also, are you going to give these bullets an chance to restore mana on hit?

Well, I wouldn't exactly mind.
If it leads to more bullet, then sure!
Also, are you going to give these bullets an chance to restore mana on hit?
I'm giving guns like the mini shark a chance to not use mana and I'm keeping the mana costs generally low, but an accessory that can restore mana when you hit something would be a good idea.

I'm giving guns like the mini shark a chance to not use mana and I'm keeping the mana costs generally low, but an accessory that can restore mana when you hit something would be a good idea.

It's not an good idea, it's simple logic
You'll be limiting yourself an lot if you have limited mana instead of plentiful bullets without having ways to conserve or even gain mana on hit.

Yeah, and what's wrong with using mana potions?

Nothing wrong. It's just that the Mana Flower (Despite having an Mana reduction usage) would let you mow down lots of mana potions if an particularly fast-shooting gun uses a lot of mana. Even if the damage is ranged, it's still of concern for me.

And thinking about it now, An good example would be the Boomerang Bullets - it would fly back to you. An way of making it so that those bullets would restore spent mana upon returning would follow the same principle - at least, up to an extent (Max Mana)

Nothing wrong. It's just that the Mana Flower (Despite having an Mana reduction usage) would let you mow down lots of mana potions if an particularly fast-shooting gun uses a lot of mana. Even if the damage is ranged, it's still of concern for me.

And thinking about it now, An good example would be the Boomerang Bullets - it would fly back to you. An way of making it so that those bullets would restore spent mana upon returning would follow the same principle - at least, up to an extent (Max Mana)
I don't think boomerang bullets are in the base game
[doublepost=1504100191,1504100116][/doublepost]
"Lightbulb." - Gru

Had an idea...
Why not give an Magic Knife variant of the Meteor Buff so it can bounce in an arc?
I have no idea what you mean by that.

I don't think boomerang bullets are in the base game
[doublepost=1504100191,1504100116][/doublepost]
I have no idea what you mean by that.

The first response is from Joost Mod

The second response is of how both the Meteor Shot and the Magic Knife's gravity influence would work together - after an set distance, it falls and bounces about.

Leveled up an Minishark to Musket Level, then leveled it up to Silver...then can't level it up to Meteor
You made an mistake on the Minishark crafting requirement, saying it needs an Meteor-Level Minishark instead of an Silver-Level Minishark

Leveled up an Minishark to Musket Level, then leveled it up to Silver...then can't level it up to Meteor
You made an mistake on the Minishark crafting requirement, saying it needs an Meteor-Level Minishark instead of an Silver-Level Minishark
I'll fix that in the next update

hi, ive been using your mod, and theres a bug. the mana powered minishark meteor shot upgrade needs a meteor shot minishark item to upgrade to meteor minishark, instead of the silver bullet upgrade ( the silver bullet minishark upgrade is not a material for the meteor upgrade )
could you fix that?

Back
Top Bottom