Items Mana Star crafting recipe revamp

Should Mana Stars require a Life Crystal to craft?

• Yes, they are too easy to craft.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, I disagree because...

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Night

Plantera
Hey,
so as you all know all it takes to craft a mana star as of the 1.3 update are 3 fallen stars.
To be honest I have no idea why they thought reducing the amount of fallen stars needed to craft a mana star from 5 to 3 was a good idea.
As if it wasn't easy enough already.

I thought about this a little and something came to my mind.
Why not add a life crystal to the crafting recipe?
Then players would need to decide whether they want additional HP or MP.

3x
Fallen_Star.png
+ 1x
Life_Crystal.png
->
Mana_Crystal.png

A heart crystal is too much. I play a lot of multiplayer with 3 friends, and we already have trouble finding all the life crystals needed. This would increase the amount of life crystals needed too much.

Yea, I have trouble finding heart crystals in single player myself, and asking for like 9 more would ruin my playthrough. Don't know about others though.
So no support.
(but still why did they change to 3 stars?)

No thanks but i do feel it too easy why not add a star every major update :lenny:
1.4 changelog

Mana Stars now require 1 more fallen stat to craft.

I can at least understand going back to 5/7/10 stars, but requiring 9 extra heart crystals is not that easy of a task. That brings up the least crystal needed for max stats(health and mana) to 24 from 15 for one character. Not what I would consider a smart revamp.

Last edited:
No thanks. Life crystals are so hard to get especially on multiplayer. I mean, I was playing with a friend and I still had 200 life when I got into hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom