Weapons & Equip Mandible Set and Mandible Knives

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
Hey guys, Dakota here. I have noticed that in 1.3, you can get a plentiful amount of Antlion Mandibles, but you really can't do much with them. So I have the solution! Mandible Knives, and a Mandible Set.

The Desert could be the biome where the Throwing class could eventually stem from. Just like the Jungle biome and Dungeon biomes let you take off with magic, and the Dugeon (partially) lets you gain an advantage in the Range class. The Mandble Set would be a weaker Fossil set, as you need a Corruption/Crimson Pickaxe to harvest Sturdy Fossils, and you can get Mandibles as soon as you start playing, if you are daring. Here are the stats for the pieces.

Helmet:
Def. +1
Throwing Velocity. +5

Chestplate:
Def. +3
Throwing Velocity. +5

Leggings:
Def. +2
Throwning Velocity. +3

Set Bonus:
20% not to consume throwables.

Now, this set will also come with some throwables you can use.

Mandible Knife (Crafting):
Crafted with. Antlion Mandible x1
Crafted at. Workbench

Mandible Knife (Stats):
Damage. 9
Knockback. 2 (Very Weak)
Critical Chance. 3%
Use Time. 14 (Very Fast)
Velocity. 10

Sorry for the lack of sprites, but I hope you enjoyed the ideas! Thanks for reading! Dakota, out.

Last edited:
I mean, we've already got Ninja Armor in terms of weaker Fossil Armor.

Seems kinda pointless to have three Throwing sets when only one of them's actually gonna be useful pre-hardmode, especially since you can get Ninja Armor very early on.

I'd personally like to see the Ninja Armor, or this armor, to be altered so it'd be an alternative to Throwing Armor, similar to how Meteor Armor is to Jungle Armor.

I didn't realize that Ninja armor increased stats for Throwing. Perhaps one could have a higher velocity, while the other has a lower chance of consuming throwables?

Back
Top Bottom