1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section
  2. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

Manipulative Staff - Mobs become your Minion

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by TheAverageCommoner, Oct 27, 2014.

1. TheAverageCommoner

TheAverageCommoner Eye of Cthulhu

Manipulative Staff.png
    Manipulative Staff
    Summon Damage: 60
    "Summons a Spore Cloud that controls your enemies."

The staff has certain rules. The enemy must at least have more health than 100 health, and less than 1000. This means no Mini-Bosses, Bosses, Neutral Mobs, etc...

The enemy(s) you wish to minionize must be down at half health or less.
    The amount of enemies total that can be captured without any buffs or summoner-improved stats is three.
    With Top Stats and buffs, you would be able to minionize about 12 mobs.
    The mobs will forget their health, and begin to attack other mobs. Each mob will stick to their normal attack patterns.

The downside is that the mobs won't follow you. They will stay in the same area and wait for 5 minutes for another mob to attack. If that five minutes is up, they will die.

2. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

I like this idea. Although, what you can do to make this idea better:

• Have it Pre-Hardmode
    • No Base Damage (Based On Enemy)
    • It follows you (No time limit)
    • Counts towards the minion maximum capacity
    • Have Stats be based on the Mob's Stats (Not actual)
    Overall:
    7/10

3. Murphmario

Murphmario Skeletron Prime

1. No.
    2. Maybe.
    3. No.
    4. No.
    5. Maybe.

Darkest Gaia likes this.
  4. TheIceCreamMan

TheIceCreamMan Terrarian

The amount of enemies total that can be captured without any buffs or summoner-improved stats is three.
    With Top Stats and buffs, you would be able to minionize about 12 mobs.
    The mobs will forget their health, and begin to attack other mobs. Each mob will stick to their normal attack patterns.

For some reason, the thought of having 3 necromancers on top of my army of sharknados seems mildly overpowered

5. TheAverageCommoner

TheAverageCommoner Eye of Cthulhu

That's why the weapon has them stay around where they were. If I had them follow you, turn yes. Chaos would ensue.

Having it a Pre-hardcore weapon means that it would have no purpose later on in the game. I made this weapon to add somewhat of a variety.

6. Zuazzer

Zuazzer Spazmatism

I had a similar thread on the TO, wich also contained this idea, you can add it in the OP if you want.

Sunflower Scepter

Unique Summon
    Summons a Sunflower to generate mana for you
    Costs 40 Mana
    Will each 3 Seconds spawn a Mana Star for you to pick up.
    Crafted with: 5 Unicorn Horns, 20 Soul of Light, 1 Sunflower and 5 Hallowed Bars