Console Map App?

It's an app that works with Terraria on PS4 and Xbox One to show you a map of your world as you are traveling it in the game.

Kind of like a mini map - you don't have to pause your console game anymore to see the map. All of that is shown on your screen when you have the app working.

It's an app that works with Terraria on PS4 and Xbox One to show you a map of your world as you are traveling it in the game.

Kind of like a mini map - you don't have to pause your console game anymore to see the map. All of that is shown on your screen when you have the app working.
Well that's stupid why can't it be on 360 and ps3 I have a One but I don't have terraria on it.

Well that's stupid why can't it be on 360 and ps3 I have a One but I don't have terraria on it.
505 said in the Best Laid Plans...and Additions Update post it wasn't possible to do with older versions. See below.

Hello everyone. We noticed a typo in the initial post and we want to provide a clarification - the Companion App is XB1 and PS4 only. We changed the OP to reflect this, but wanted to be sure this was not missed.

The reason this is the case is that just was not technically feasible with the older consoles. Apologies to our 360 and PS3 users for the confusion and that the App just wouldn't work with their specific platforms.

I know this is an old thread but, does the app show the icons and locations of npcs and players?

I doubt there is one at all for consoles.
Hi Chris, there currently is an app available that is used for the Xbox One and PS4 consoles. It was released last year and here's more info about it:
Not only do you get ‘Additions’, but we are also releasing a mobile Companion App for the PS4 and XBox ONE versions of Terraria, for both iOS and Android devices. The Companion App will operate as a ‘World Map’ live-steaming your in-game location, allowing you to see what’s around you to either to either go and explore or fight, and all without ever having to bring up a menu or having to pause your game.

Hi @iiGyroJB, the map app discussed here was released when Xbox One and PS4 did not have the 1.3 update. Now that the X1 and PS4 have the 1.3 update, and are able to show the minimap in-game, the map app is obselete, as the map app just showed a minimap on your phone.

The map apps do not function anymore and are not supported.

Hi @iiGyroJB, the map app discussed here was released when Xbox One and PS4 did not have the 1.3 update. Now that the X1 and PS4 have the 1.3 update, and are able to show the minimap in-game, the map app is obselete, as the map app just showed a minimap on your phone.

The map apps do not function anymore and are not supported.
Can we please get this back. There's a glitch going on, on console where it stops loading at 99% liquids unless you turn your map off. Playing without a map is awful, especially after taking a break and as far as I know there is no other way to view the map on console

Can we please get this back. There's a glitch going on, on console where it stops loading at 99% liquids unless you turn your map off. Playing without a map is awful, especially after taking a break and as far as I know there is no other way to view the map on console
Sorry @egavaScixelsyD, I don’t think the map app would be coming back.

But hopefully the “settling liquids” bug will be fixed soon. I don’t have any estimate of when the next patch will be out, or if the next patch will fix the issue or not.

How do you view the maps

Back
Top Bottom