Game Mechanics Map Markers / Waypoints

then its finished,can you send me a link? and give me permission to do it in my modpack? :D
I'm unsure if I will make a mod out of this. Currently, my knowledge for C# is good, but I haven't learned the API that tAPI and Terraria use. Also, I upgraded my computer to a Mac, and unable to mod (No .NET support, and currently terraria is unavailable for the platform). Also, I am working on a little indie-game right now, and simply don't have a ton of time to work with.

In summary, I may do it, just as soon as 1.3 comes out.

I am just going to leave this here...
70bdbb.jpg

Waypoints should be in the game by now.
Hopefully they'll put in a waypoint system for the map in the near future.

If you would like to know, this kind of system is implemented as a small feature in the mod I'm working on. You can't edit them or anything, they're just a random colour, but yeah. Just in case you'd like to know :p

If you would like to know, this kind of system is implemented as a small feature in the mod I'm working on. You can't edit them or anything, they're just a random colour, but yeah. Just in case you'd like to know :p
I think you should be able to set the colour, colour coding can be extremely helpful

I think you should be able to set the colour, colour coding can be extremely helpful

I do agree, it's just about making it. Currently, there is a button on the minimap frame which allows you to set the waypoint, I guess I could try to add some colour sliders for it.

I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, though if I may, I would like to make a suggestion of my own to supplement yours.

I propose that the Wormhole Potion be usable to travel to any waypoints. This would be especially useful on larger worlds, and would allow for very rapid transit between regions of the world. This would be offset by the complex recipe and the time required to obtain the constituents of the Wormhole Potion, and would allow this potion to see wider use outside of multiplayer.

I'd love this. No more loosing my underground grinders (The way I built them makes it hard to find by skimming over the map. They blend in a bit too well.).

Yeah, I'm new here and I just learned today the difference in suggestions, WIP, and Released.
I haven't got here by the Forum but by a direct link, and up there it is visible that I'm in the
"Home > Forums > Terraria - Cross-Platform Discussion > Player Suggestions" Part.
This one is a really good one, I'd like to mark the chests in the dungeon, Different Towns, Teleporter (and Wormholes with the mod installed) And such stuff.

Back
Top Bottom