Game Mechanics Map Markers

Vessyl

Terrarian
A minor feature I would love to see is the ability to mark specific locations on your map. Adding waypoints would be pretty nice, maybe even add a mechanism that can mark maps after triggering a mechanism for adventure maps. The 'mark' would function similarly to seeing teammates- it would show up on the mini map, and have the name of the marker on screen with your distance from it displayed as well.
The biggest help this would have been was while I was purifying my world from the corruption. If I could mark where I found some corruption or hallow, saving its location would eliminate the need to open and close my map a bunch of times to get to the right spot. It's not a big deal either way, and for all I know this is already a thing and I'm just an idiot. But regardless, this would be a pretty nice feature for adventure maps or simply getting around well-explored undergrounds.

Personally, I don't think the game needs this. You can already mark it with torch patterns. Although it would be cool for adventure maps. So, partial support?

Fair enough! The torch markers wouldn't help in my case as I don't know where to mark until I go to clean it up, but that's actually a pretty good idea. I'll have to try it in the future!

I'd kinda like a 'snap-to' function with the map for this. Waypoints would be nice for introducing new players to your world, and finding people and places would be much better if you were able to click on them in a list on the screen.

As for usability, it would be nice to have it be a tile that the player can put down anywhere. You can then click on it with any item, and that item will be shown scaled up on the map. You could also toggle it with wiring to make nice notifications

I'd kinda like a 'snap-to' function with the map for this. Waypoints would be nice for introducing new players to your world, and finding people and places would be much better if you were able to click on them in a list on the screen.

As for usability, it would be nice to have it be a tile that the player can put down anywhere. You can then click on it with any item, and that item will be shown scaled up on the map. You could also toggle it with wiring to make nice notifications
Aren't teleporters 'snap to'?

As in, when you are in a large map it can be quite easy to lose where players are. It'd be nice to have a list of players online so that you can click them and see where they are on the map
Unless you're on different teams, you can...
Also, Wormhole Potions.

Back
Top Bottom