PS4 Map Reset

Hi! I'm sorry you're having an issue with your maps retaining your exploration. Is it possible to provide a copy of your player data? (settings & Achievements file/players/worlds/maps) where this occurs in order for me to replicate this issue? You can use this form to upload the files, though please reply to this thread if you able to send in some files and i can see if we can track down the issue Smartsheet Forms

I got the same issue twice (it includes that it happened right now when entering my Journey mode world, with purpose to draw the  entire map) and it's really frustrating :merchantsigh:

I got the same issue twice (it includes that it happened right now when entering my Journey mode world, with purpose to draw the  entire map) and it's really frustrating :merchantsigh:
I could be either wrong or crazy but it feels like there's a form of anticheat in place- Ive tried to get 100% map exploration a few times, and every time it just resets my map.

I also am having the map resetting bug. Had the whole world mapped out, I exited out for a bit, came back and it was completely reset. Super annoying :(

@TerraZJoohn, @Bkeller & @Eli008r
This one is still causing us issues to track down, are you all playing on PS4?
Single / Multiplayer?

Any extra information would be very useful, thanks!
It’s happened to me on single and multiplayer. It’s happening to me on a multiplayer world rn that I just created. So it’s Multilpayer, large World, expert mode, corruption, ps4. I don’t really know what else to send except that. I thought it might’ve been that my data might be corrupted but if it’s a glitch that’s happening to many people I guess it’s a glitch.

This has been happening to me alot lately, it seems to happen when i close the game. I have no idea how to fix this and Its getting really anoying since im trying to clense the world for the dryad and cant see anything when the map is completly blank.

Yeah same man, they said in 1.4.5 update but they haven't said when that'll be so. I think it might help to just have one designated character for one designated world and never have that character ever enter another world? Im not too sure I'm just spitballing ideas that have kinda worked for me.

I pretty much have been using one character for the same world, i opened the game for the first time in like a month and played, switched to another game after 2 days and then when i reloaded the save and the map went blank.

This has been happening to me alot lately, it seems to happen when i close the game. I have no idea how to fix this and Its getting really anoying since im trying to clense the world for the dryad and cant see anything when the map is completly blank.
This issue from my understanding is mainly caused due to cloud save. I just recently accidentally clicked on move player to cloud and my map data and player folder got put into the recycling bin, upsetting a bit 'cause I was just trying to rename my character lol. If you have OneDrive or Steam Cloud turned on it is recommended to turn those off for Terraria.

Have not found a fix for it even after restoring them, I'll look into editing my files later to see if I can find a solution.

I've had this happen about 3-4 times on PS5 (PS4 version). It's not cloud save, not world switching, not any of the mentioned causes. I have one character, one large world that I mainly play. It seems like whenever I get a really large amount of the map revealed, next time I start it up, map is gone. I have cloud sync disabled for Terraria. I only manually back up to cloud from time to time, like before taking on a new boss. I've had the map reset several times not after a sync. After the last couple times it happened, I decided to religiously do the following procedure each time I am finishing up playing, hoping to head it off from happening again:

1) Save & Exit. 2) Immediately select same character, same world to load it. This is to verify the save file. 3) If I see the map load correctly, then I hit PS button to pull up the console menu. Force close game from console menu. 4) Upload the character and world to cloud.

This procedure, I thought, would allow me to see whether the map was saved correctly before backing up. Sadly, it did not work as expected. It worked for many days of play, but just now map reset. I had spent a long session while re-exploring the dungeon and farming post-plantera items, save/exit, reload without quitting the game, verified my new area of exploration was showing, quickly force quit without saving, uploaded to cloud. Reopened game, loaded character/world and it's blank. I assumed downloading the copy in the cloud back to console would get the map back because I had checked that save file before copying. However, it downloaded blank. Retried one more time after rebooting, same result.

I can upload this copy for analysis, if that is helpful, since it just freshly happened.

Back
Top Bottom