Xbox One Map reset

To add to what @Unit One says; Posting here on the forum in addition to using the bug reporting form is useful as a method to include information such as screenshots, which can't be included directly in the bug reporting form. Simply post a thread with your screenshots here and include the link in the bug reporting form. This also serves to inform other users and give them an opportunity to chime in on your bug report.

Yeah, every time I load up my main world I have to re explore everything. It got so frustrating that I've stopped playing on that world and have been on a different one. It happened to me only solo tho, no friends ever were on that world

Four years later and this is still happening...

I'll be doing some world hopping, moving items around or whatever, and then randomly one of the maps (sometimes several) gets reset back to solid black on that current character. Sometimes it's not even one of the worlds that I was popping in and out on, and on the rare occasion will hit a character that I haven't even recently played.
- In other words; a specific map can reset for all characters, but not all maps will reset for a specific character.

It doesn't happen as often as it seems to with most people (i.e. resetting every time the game launches), but still it happens enough to be extremely annoying and frustrating. Also, I have never played multiplayer, so that isn't any part of the issue.

Honestly, it's getting to the point where I don't even want to play anymore.

EDIT: Was hoping the 1.4.4 update would finally fix the problem, but alas, it is still happening...

Last edited:

I'll be doing some world hopping, moving items around or whatever, and then randomly one of the maps (sometimes several) gets reset back to solid black on that current character. Sometimes it's not even one of the worlds that I was popping in and out on, and on the rare occasion will hit a character that I haven't even recently played.
- In other words; a specific map can reset for all characters, but not all maps will reset for a specific character.

It doesn't happen as often as it seems to with most people (i.e. resetting every time the game launches), but still it happens enough to be extremely annoying and frustrating. Also, I have never played multiplayer, so that isn't any part of the issue.

EDIT: Was hoping the 1.4.4 update would finally fix the problem, but alas, it is still happening...
I hope the next patch fix it :(((((((

I’ve been playing since the game came out. Was just about to enter hard mode on a world and boom….entire map gone. Also feeling like not bothering again

Back
Top Bottom