Blocks & Decoration Marble Columns

StickyQuote

Spazmatism
Hey there! I'm a fan of Roman-style buildings and when Marble was introduced I squee'd a lot at the style. However, one thing has been nagging me; there are no Roman Columns besides the workbench! I'm talking like placeable items similar to Wooden Beam or even it's own block! We have all these blocks that when you place more of the same type near it, it creates a bigger looking version of itself(stone slab, copper plating, erc.).

I'd love to have columns without having to make like... 6 tile thick walls; please consider it for a future patch or something, because nothing in Terraria quite matches this style except for the Marble Workbench, which is furniture. The kind of column I'm talking about look like this for the most part:
can-stock-photo_csp10279455.jpg

Please give it some thought and let me know if this is a good idea; I'd love to build temples that look like they have the pillars supporting them in the front! ^^​

Drew up an idea for what they could look like based upon the Marble workbench and Palladium Column block; the single tile is when placed singularly, the bigger piece is when placed together; I know the shading is kinda bad, I'm not the best at that, haha. In comparison, Palladium Column is there with it as well as the actual Marble Workbench, and I added a 2x size version of the Marble Column for viewing purposes when close up:
Marble%20Column.png

I support this idea. I too was disappointed when I found out there was no such item in the game.
I was making a new house out of the new 1.3 blocks, and decided to use Marble as it was elegant.

I was making the house slightly elevated, and wanted to use Marble Beams as the support pillars.
To my dismay, I had no choice but but to use Wooden Beams as there are not even other types of "Beams" aside from Wooden Beams.

They should not only add a Marble Beam/Column but also add beams/columns of other types in general.

I've found a kinda sorta temporary style solution. 2xWhatever white painted pumpkin with a Marble Workbench on top; looks a bit weird but it's what comes closest to the style the workbench is going towards.

Back
Top Bottom