Map-PvP Mario Kart 8 - Terraria Race Map

Clara

Terrarian
Mario Kart 8 is a racing gamemode based off Mario Kart 8 and uses the gravity globe. Players also get hermes boots and a cloud in a balloon.

Courses have 3 laps, done by pasting the course 3 times. Place switches to activate the teleporters and the starting gate. There are 3 cups with 4 courses inside each one. Be warned - some might lag with a bad server due to wiring, especially Tick Tock Clock.

Videos by Pedguin:

By PythonGB:

Mario Circuit - Mushroom Cup
zqUXctg.png

Fungi Caves - Mushroom Cup
zYXGDPX.png

Hot Hot Dunes - Mushroom Cup
MOiKrUk.png

Frozen Mountain - Mushroom Cup
LIAwunf.png

Moo Moo Meadows - Flower Cup
dcIPyng.png

Toads Factory - Flower Cup
bB3iwat.png

Moonview Highway - Flower Cup
WCOwgp3.png

Retro Rainbow Road - Flower Cup
JVMLleq.png

Sky Gardens - Special Cup
4UB1y2x.png

Tick Tock Clock - Special Cup
P5O1673.png

Bowsers Castle - Special Cup
nBIcmx8.png

Rainbow Road - Special Cup
uzaALp8.png

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sa92uaa6sx7b0q3/mk8.wld

Thats a really cool idea.
Overall the Race was fun, but at all you good Work, there is one Major problem with the Map.... and its the Teleporter!
There will never be a "real-competiton" if player get stuck in the Teleporter, couse other Player jump on the Teleporter on the same Time.
I hope you know what i mean.
Im not nativ speaking english, so its not that easy to explain exactly what im thinking.

But yeah, like i said, i only see this one major Problem.
Keep it up, maybe you find a way to avoid the Teleporter.

Great work.

Thats a really cool idea.
Overall the Race was fun, but at all you good Work, there is one Major problem with the Map.... and its the Teleporter!
There will never be a "real-competiton" if player get stuck in the Teleporter, couse other Player jump on the Teleporter on the same Time.
I hope you know what i mean.
Im not nativ speaking english, so its not that easy to explain exactly what im thinking.

But yeah, like i said, i only see this one major Problem.
Keep it up, maybe you find a way to avoid the Teleporter.

Great work.
It is a problem but I don't see it as a very big one and if anything adds a much needed element of being able to catch up from someone who is ahead. I can't think of a better way to do loops, and did not use them very much because of the problem.

It is a problem but I don't see it as a very big one.... I can't think of a better way to do loops

Yeah you truly right at this Point.
I just wanna give some feedback, couse i think maybe some ppl. could have Problems with this mechanic.

The problem with Loops, is not new for me.
I made a Raceway-Map (with/for Minecarts) and the basic idea i got, is to make a roundcourse, that opens a "optional" (didnt know if this is correct english ^^) way, after you pass 3 Rounds, and let you drive in to the Finish.

I did the Wireing for the resets, everthing was fine. With actuators and a lot of Bird/Bunny/Wire/:red: ^^ i was able to have a 3 Lap Round-Course with an extra Finish, that opens after you pass the second Lap, so that the last time you come to the Start, you come to the Finish-Part of the Map.

So far, so good.
But then i realize, that i never can do this for Multiplayer... :(
I sadly quited the project... but im rdy to do new things.

Hope you keep up working on Maps.
I really like your Work.

i'm thinking about a race map too, but i don't have a map editing tool, and working in vanilla is hard

Like Baih said, TEdit is the best way to improve you work and get ready for big Maps and Projects.

I also recomend a Ingame Editor, wich you can get as "mod" for "TShock".
Btw. If you not know, TShock, is a Server-Software for Terraria. It allows you to do some very usfull Stuff, if you are working on Maps.
Like... Spawn-Items (with ID´s), set down spawnrate for no Mobs on Server (if you not wanna get attackt every sec. ^^) and use Mods, like the Ingame Editor.

Hope this helps out.
If you have any Questions, about TShock or Map-creating Tools, let me know. PM me.

Have a nice Day
Kryze

Does this use bunny mounts as cars? It looks great!

It focuses around the gravity globe, players also get hermes boots and a cloud in a balloon. It doesn't use any mounts though, they would be cool and add to the atmosphere, but they do not work well with the gravity globe Also I believe I made this before mounts were released.

Back
Top Bottom