Console Mario NPC?

Stardust Guardian

Official Terrarian
Look guys.... I know. 3ds aint gonna get more updates cause 505 Games doesn't care about the 3ds anymore but I think there should have been a mario NPC. The mario NPC would have shot fireballs at nearby enemies, and he Would have sold the Mario Suit. And he could jump over objects normal NPC cant go on. And he would have been unlockable as an NPC on the Same day of the realease of the Original mario bros (but the year the update WOULD have been in, and so on) And his fireballs would Only deal 50 Damage.

to unlock him, You need to Have 5 Save files with the First letter of there name spelling MARIO

Man
Arch
Richter
Ike
Orion

Or anything that has M A R I O.

Then you would have to Build a green pipe with grass blocks and make it lead to a house if you jump down. Then a Text bubble will appear saying "Mario wants to move in!"

Then 5 Minutes later, He will spawn in the green pipe. If you talk to him he would open up a shop that sold The FLower of fire, the plumbers suit, The Double jump ballons, and The Green Plumber suit.

Well thats it for now, My mind is kinda blank.

What do you guys think? Should the mario NPC exist? or is he to hard to get? Or is his shop too OP?

Reactions: Bry
Getting this NPC to move in is waaaay too situational and obscure for it to even matter, no NPC has this many requirements to move in or has special housing needs or even manipulation of save files in order to move in.

The NPC itself would also serve very little purpose. Why would we need an NPC that sells only items that have little to no effect on gameplay or items that can be easily obtained from outside sources? Why create this NPC to even sell these items if said items already work fine in their own threshold?

Not to mention that just putting a clear allusion like this would seem effortless and indolent, and could just make it seem like a cheesy attempt from the developers to shoehorn this reference in.

While your efforts for a new NPC are respectable, this doesn't appeal to how NPCs should be tackled in Terraria. Here are 3 incomplex guiding rules to let you know what could make a better NPC:
1. Purpose - The NPC needs a reason to be added. They need to have some sort of service or sets of products that can appeal to players and serve some use in their journey or be used for recreational purposes. Recycling already obtainable items is not a great purpose and makes it seem like a situational Merchant.
2. Personality and Originality - While some NPCs hold up in this regard more than others, making an NPC that is just a sole reference to an outside source with little to no tweaking from the developers themselves doesn't make for a great NPC. If you make it an original character and give it personality, then more people would be willing to support it as it makes it more appealing and would make Terraria feel better as it's own game! Contrary to what I said, making references can make for a great trait of a character or great side attraction, but it should not make up the foundation of the NPC!
3. Conformity - An NPC needs to fit in with the rules and make up of Terraria. It needs to have a relatively simple move-in requirement and should be able to move into any house that is built by the player as long as it meets a few simple requirements that shouldn't trouble the player.

I'm not trying to demoralize you, as this suggestion could hold up with a bit of tweaking. What I have put is meant to guide your suggestion in the right direction. If you consider these 3 rules and try to implement them into your suggestion, then it could become a suggestion that can sustain on it's own ground and it could end up gaining a lot more support from the community!

;)

This is a pretty good npc but Nintendo might copyright re-logic or 505 games and if they do add this with no copyright from Nintendo then I rather this be a event npc or gives quest or something

I finnally got a few add-ons to the NPC! he gives boss quests or building quests like "Defeat the destroyer 3 times in a row!" And the reward will be the Mega Mustache (a boomerang) and the building quest would be like "place 200 wood blocks, 200 Stone blocks, 1 bed block, lots of furniture, 3 chandelures, 50 torches, and some glass plus glass walls to make a mansion!" And the reward will be the ghost vacuum from luigi's mansion plus 10 gold coins. The Ghost vacuum is basically the elf melter or the flamethrower but more powerful (i am talking 100 attack power), has a bigger range, and the fire changes into electricity.

There will be other quests like "Collect all the Halloween costumes!" And the reward will be The Boo mask (accessories) And it will allow you to go invisible, and fly!

Another one will be "Throw 100 bombs, 5 dynamite, and 5 explosive mines in one Terraria day!" and the reward will be the Bob-omb accessory which if you press L or R you can spawn dynamite which explodes immediately and has a bigger range.

BTW this is for the 3ds version so nintendo will be fine with this (if it does ever happen, which I assume not)

Another one will be "Put on the turtle armor, and jump on the heads of 100 enemies, killing them." Which will basically give you the Plumbers boots, which can be combined with the Evolved Lighting boots so U can walk on Ice and Lava, and when you land on an enemy, it does 50 damage. Oh and BTW The Green Plumber suit and The Red plumber suit is armor. The Bonus for Green Plumber suit is "Increased jump height when hit by an enemy, plus a 50% Magic damage bonus" (green is mage armor) The Green one will give you a 30+ Magic damage on each armor piece (each piece is 1 platinum coin) and a 50 mana boost.

The red plumber suit on the other hand is physical.

Its armor bonus is "When hit by an enemy, the Ring of Fire potion effect is activated, and a 50% Bonus to melee damage" However the ring of fire will deal 30 damage instead of 1 to hardmode enemies. Plus it gives a Insane attack speed bonus which makes any melee weapon speed insane, plus it gives a 50+ Health boost (indicated by mushrooms) and instead of 1 platinum coin, its 2 platinum coins for each piece. For Green Plumber Suit the defense you get is 50, while the red plumber suit gives you 100. And yeah, they are really OP and are basiccaly the 3ds version of the moon lord armor. and the grind will be worth it. And also there is a sword mario gives you for completing a quest. Which is "defeat all mechanical bosses with the wooden sword in the same night" And basically its The Meowmere. Except that its the Master Sword in sprite and gives the fire debuff PLUS shoots tri force projectiles. it has 200 damage. And the Hero's clothing now is armor. and it is only obtainable from mario. The Original hero's clothing is still vanity.

Each peice costs 10 Platinum coins and Holy heck its so OP. it gives 500+ Attack damage, the Defense is 50 Per armor piece, gives A 100+ heart boost (indicated by tri-forces), armor bonus gives swords the ability to inflict every debuff on an enemy, and a chance to inflict every buff to the holder. Its basically the solar flare armor but way more OP.

Give the Master sword the "legendary" thingy and You got a 710 Damage sword with insane attack speed and a chance to give you alot of buffs and inflict an enemy with all the debuffs.

What do you guys think? Is it to overpowered or worth the grind? tell me in a reply.

I think the new Hero’s clothing is WAAAAAAY too OP. I’d say make change the stats to around that of meteor armor, and give it around 10% melee damage increase total. Also, the price is super high, and should be lowered to 5 gold a piece, max.

Like @sharkman0101 said, the spawn requirements for Mario should be changed. Maybe just the pipe-house would do.

I think the new Hero’s clothing is WAAAAAAY too OP. I’d say make change the stats to around that of meteor armor, and give it around 10% melee damage increase total. Also, the price is super high, and should be lowered to 5 gold a piece, max.

Like @sharkman0101 said, the spawn requirements for Mario should be changed. Maybe just the pipe-house would do.

Bro the Hero's armor is supposed to be OP. Not meteor armor. Its supposed to be the best armor in the game, thats why is costs so darn much.

Armors like this aren’t supposed to be obtained so easily. It beats the Pist Ocram armor easily, and at much, much less cost. Also, even though the price is the highest in the game, it’s still easily obtained.

Price is not a good gateway. I would reccomend post-____. As for the strange obtaining, I'd reccomend something a bit more straightforward, like beating a boss/event that currently does not have a npc for it, like the solar eclipse, your 2nd and 3rd mech boss, king slime, or anything post plantera.

Price is not a good gateway. I would reccomend post-____. As for the strange obtaining, I'd reccomend something a bit more straightforward, like beating a boss/event that currently does not have a npc for it, like the solar eclipse, your 2nd and 3rd mech boss, king slime, or anything post plantera.

Yeah but.... It will be easily obtained. You dont want to cheat by getting the best armor early in the hardmode

Maybe you could direct him to the guide I wrote, which provides general advice for making suggestions? It’s available in the Player Suggestions forum itself next the the rules and guidelines if you’re having trouble finding it.

As for this specific idea, sharkman101 already said everything that I wanted to say. He was also far more gentle and optimistic than I would have been.

Back
Top Bottom