Items Martian Communicator

Baconfry

Terrarian
I've got a bit of a problem here. I keep getting Martian Probes spawning on me when I don't want them, and when I do want to fight the Martians, there's not a probe to be found. I'd prefer to have a bit more control over whether I can do the event, and furthermore, it feels stressful to be distracted by those probes when I'm trying to do something. Trying to build, when a Martian Probe spawns and you don't have a weapon in your hotbar? :red:.

So you know what? Here's the change I propose. After Martian Madness is cleared for the first time, Martian Probes should just stop spawning naturally. They'll only show up when you want them to.

Martian Communicator
Sold by Cyborg for 10 Gold after Martian Madness is cleared
Allows Martian Probes to spawn when placed in inventory

To be clear, the spawnrate of Martian Probes would be significantly higher than what it is now. Don't want to fight the Martians? Stick it in a chest. Need that elusive UFO mount that won't drop no matter what, and is rapidly becoming a source of embarrassment in front of your friends? (@DG-VR. @bad_news @DestroyerArcher) Stick it in the inventory. You'll get the buggers when you want them, and you'll never have to deal with them when you're not in the mood.

Not much else needs to be said, really. But maybe something needs to be sprited. I'll do it myself unless someone beats me to it.

Mamma mia! Thank you for your initiative, @It's a me! This sprite will work perfectly.

Yqi3ziW.png

the cosmic background radiation is within the microwave spectrum

Feedback as always, blah blah blah, and leave a reply if you actually want other people to see it. Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Here comes the suggestion-train.

Imo, this would allow control for the spawning of probes, since I myself have found martian probes to be tedious.

I would put a Badge of Sir-tification, but that's not me, anymore.

Easily something good, as 10 gold is easy to earn, and martian madness is an annoyance to deal with.
Also thanks for bringing me to see this good thread.
86QaVC6.png

Pretty good, I love it. Although, it would be annoying when you're playing a game with your friend and they decide to troll you by holding onto it when you're doing something.

i was doing expert moonlord, ye, there was a probe around and summoned the martian madness, i almost kill M.L. then a alien ship killed me with his death ray....
Add id please @Yoraiz0r @SkiphsI .... :(

This would be awesome! However, I think there should be a way to combine this with something else (maybe just Martian Plating) to make a Martian Communications Beacon, that could be placed down to allow probes to continue spawning randomly naturally (maybe with a lower spawn rate then it is right now though)

I've had the problem of the probe not showing up, so I second (tenth?) this. Don't really see a reason why this wouldn't be included.

Pretty good, I love it. Although, it would be annoying when you're playing a game with your friend and they decide to troll you by holding onto it when you're doing something.
Maybe in multiplayer only host can use it?
(To avoid trolling)
Speaking as an innocent bystander with no personal experience in the subject, I must say that there are methods of multiplayer trolling that are bigger...
Lunatic_Cultist.png

...nastier...
Naughty_Present.png

...and totally unpreventable.
Solar_Tablet.png

Last edited:
This seems cool, I have yet to have the honor of seeing the probes yet (Just beat the destroyer on Expert mode yesterday so I haven't gotten into anything but the new items so far, no new events yet.)

It would be even better if there was something that made the game similar to peaceful mode in Minecraft for the time you're building something. Maybe a placeable item or something in the start screen that you can select as you're entering the world (Only being able to turn it off when you save & exit) Which causes Monsters not to be able to spawn, not even bosses. (Given that when an item is used that won't summon anything, it can't be consumed now.. (Thank you 1.3!))

Just some food for thought.

Totally agree with that, being able to somewhat summon them and not having to worry about them otherwise would be good.

Also speaking about invasions in general, wouldn't it be better if they would have a high chance of happening for the first time, but after clearing them once they won't spawn again/only spawn at a very low rate ? I've seen players annoyed by the invasion spams they've been getting.

Speaking as an innocent bystander with no personal experience in the subject, I must say that there are methods of multiplayer trolling that are bigger...
Lunatic_Cultist.png

...nastier...
Naughty_Present.png

...and totally unpreventable.
Solar_Tablet.png
I have been witness to being slaugtered/annoyed by all 3 in my expert world, with frost moon completely destroying me. The communicator, being completely unaffected by respawns/time, would probably get really trollish fast as a method.
Maybe the communicator speeds up how fast probes summon a martian invasion?

Back
Top Bottom