Martian Saucer in 1.4 Expert Mode? (no black spot)

Lode

Terrarian
I'm unable to defeat a martian saucer in 1.4 expert mode, because it moves too fast to avoid it with any item and the death ray kills you immediately in its final phase.

All guides about 1.4 martian madness are about master mode where they have the black spot which moves fast enough.

I'm trying a pure expert mode game though, so no black spot.

Any tips? How can I avoid the beam, even while all the other martian madness chaos is going on?

I'm unable to defeat a martian saucer in 1.4 expert mode, because it moves too fast to avoid it with any item and the death ray kills you immediately in its final phase.

All guides about 1.4 martian madness are about master mode where they have the black spot which moves fast enough.

I'm trying a pure expert mode game though, so no black spot.

Any tips? How can I avoid the beam, even while all the other martian madness chaos is going on?
I would say, have something that moves fast, or have that hook of disordiant, or whatever so called, same as rod of discord, but teleports to where the hook would be, you get it from queen slime.

I have the Hook of Dissonance, but too much stuff is moving and happening, I can't aim the Hook of Dissonance properly and shoot the martian saucer at the same time, and it flies super fast (during its final stage) and even if the ray hits you for 10 milliseconds, you're dead. The ray is on most of the time, it just doesn't leave you time to shoot it too.

The Hook of Dissonance would also require some vertical walls to shoot to, and those would be in the way for other things, and one mis-aim during all the chaos, and the hook will latch on something else than the wall, the martian saucer rays you during those milliseconds and you're dead.

Is there another possible way?

I have the Hook of Dissonance, but too much stuff is moving and happening, I can't aim the Hook of Dissonance properly and shoot the martian saucer at the same time, and it flies super fast (during its final stage) and even if the ray hits you for 10 milliseconds, you're dead. The ray is on most of the time, it just doesn't leave you time to shoot it too.

The Hook of Dissonance would also require some vertical walls to shoot to, and those would be in the way for other things, and one mis-aim during all the chaos, and the hook will latch on something else than the wall, the martian saucer rays you during those milliseconds and you're dead.

Is there another possible way?
Get some really fast movement speed, or you could just use teleporters.

> Get some really fast movement speed

Any suggestions for items that can do that? The black spot is not available

> or you could just use teleporters

I think that requires hitting a switch with the right mouse button? The probability that I press it correctly within the few milliseconds of time you get before the death ray kills you is very low unfortunately :( Also, when do I then get to shoot the saucer, given that after you teleported it'll be hovering above you again half a second later and fire an insta-kill ray at you again?

> Get some really fast movement speed

Any suggestions for items that can do that? The black spot is not available

> or you could just use teleporters

I think that requires hitting a switch with the right mouse button? The probability that I press it correctly within the few milliseconds of time you get before the death ray kills you is very low unfortunately :( Also, when do I then get to shoot the saucer, given that after you teleported it'll be hovering above you again half a second later and fire an insta-kill ray at you again?
1/4 second timers!!!

Update: finally got there, thanks to doing lunar events and getting the solar eruption, getting valhalla armor, using cute duke fishron with water bubbles in the air, and getting to know the saucer pattern a bit better

Of course, I have the solar eruption and stardust dragon now so the UFO rewards weren't really an upgrade anymore (but good to have the influx waver as ingredient), I expect the martian event is normally supposed to be completed before lunar events...

Last edited:
Update: finally got there, thanks to doing lunar events and getting the solar eruption, getting valhalla armor, using cute duke fishron with water bubbles in the air, and getting to know the saucer pattern a bit better

Of course, I have the solar eruption and stardust dragon now so the UFO rewards weren't really an upgrade anymore (but good to have the influx waver as ingredient), I expect the martian event is normally supposed to be completed before lunar events...
Oh, I was going to suggest a powerful range weapon that can use chlorophyte bullets

Back
Top Bottom