tModLoader Masochist Mod

Discussion in 'Works-in-Progress' started by Fargowilta, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Matsu
Reason: Locked at thread creator's request.
Lock date: 20:19 28-01-2018
  1. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

This mod has one sole purpose and that is to make vanilla bosses spawn naturally all over the place depending on how far into the game you are

Pre HardMode

King Slime: spawns in slime rains on the surface (after King Slime and EoW/BoC are defeated)
    Eye of Cthulhu: spawns at night on the surface (after EoC and Skeletron are defeated) Increased chance during blood moons
    Eater of Worlds: spawns in the corruption (after EoW, Skeletron, and Queen Bee are defeated)
    Brain of Cthulhu: spawns in the crimson (after BoC, Skeletron, and Queen Bee are defeated)

HardMode

King Slime: spawns in slime rains on the surface and a smaller chance during the regular day
    Eye of Cthulhu: spawns at night on the surface with an increased chance during blood moons
    Eater of Worlds: spawns in the corruption
    Brain of Cthulhu: spawns in the crimson
    Queen Bee: spawns in the jungle during the day after any mechanical boss is defeated
    Skeletron: spawns in the dungeon at night after any mechanical boss is defeated
    Wall o Flesh: spawns in the underworld after any mechanical boss is defeated

Post Moon Lord

Idea is definitely inspired by @MountainDrew

Hardmode bosses will be coming soon..

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  2. LeeTG3

LeeTG3 Eye of Cthulhu

Will it make the moon lord spawn naturaly?

3. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

probably not that far lol but who knows :p

4. LeeTG3

LeeTG3 Eye of Cthulhu

Good, I was worried

5. General Milky

General Milky Terrarian

I imagine the furthest this would work is Plantera. Cultist would trigger the events and screw that, moon lord isn't a good idea at all, and golem only makes sense in the temple, and fighting him is the only point of said temple anyway.

Mechs would be cool to sometimes see during blood moons

Fargowilta likes this.
  6. DarkLordofTheSith

DarkLordofTheSith Skeletron Prime

You forgot Fishron, whom would work if you're in the ocean.

7. General Milky

General Milky Terrarian

What the heck is a "fishron?"

Yeah, I did forget about him... but he's also so hard in Expert his every appearance would basically mean death unless he was post ML

8. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

updated the OP with potential spawns tell me what you think :p

9. LeeTG3

LeeTG3 Eye of Cthulhu

"Fear crosses your mind as the ocean water trembles"
    Duke fishron has awoken

10. Durrani19

Durrani19 The Destroyer

Awesome idea fargo it'll be interesting to see something just randomly pop and wreck your :red:

Fargowilta likes this.
  11. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

This mod should be released tomorrow :)

12. Danew Dr

Danew Dr Plantera

looks cool! I hope you add mod support in a later version.

13. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

well it has been released
    only the pre hardmode bosses spawn as of now, tell me if you think theyre too common or rare or what :p

セフィロス likes this.
  14. セフィロス

セフィロス Skeletron Prime

U will offer manually download link too :p ?

15. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

yes!

Attached Files:

セフィロス likes this.
  16. セフィロス

セフィロス Skeletron Prime

Thank u Feral Void Fizz and please get nerfed :nursesigh:

Fargowilta likes this.
  17. KirbyMaster500

KirbyMaster500 Skeletron Prime

I can see why this is called the "Masochist" Mod.

Because anyone who downloads this must really enjoy seeing the Game Over screen. :p

Fargowilta likes this.
  18. sm644me

sm644me Official Terrarian

Been playing with this mod on Expert for a little while now, and I like it! It's fun to randomly have a tougher monster to fight.

What's not fun is having multiple Eyes of Cthulu interrupting a fishing session. The bosses are a bit too common right now, and can easily force the player out of what they want to do.

19. Fargowilta

Fargowilta The Destroyer

Thanks for the feedback. He does only spawn on the surface but yea I'll lower his spawn rate a little. Also I should probably update the op with everything exactly how it is lul

20. セフィロス

セフィロス Skeletron Prime

Im just thinking right now would it maybe improve if the bosses have a %chance to spawn at day and night (maybe different), and they can only spawn once a day ? The chance would role then every 2 ingame Hours ??

Idk how it works right now or if this idea would break the idea / concept of the mod, but this way it would still a chance to have free spawning bosses every day and Night but prevent to get overhelmed by mass of bosses.

Best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.