Map-Adventure MASSIVE NEW ADVENTURE MAP - INFINITY - OPEN WORLD ADVENTURE MAP (PROMO)

Manipulator

Terrarian
Im about to finish a HUGE sandbox adventure map and thought id try and get some awareness before i release it for everyone to play!

so heres a video showcasing the kinda environments you can expect.
Promo Video
^^^^^^^^^

Any questions are welcome :)

The goal was a more rewarding vanilla Terraria experience with all the exploration and discovery taking place post hardmode. less grinding, always something new to find and hidden lore to discover.

no rules

Last edited:
Looks very promising, hope you can finish this before 1.4, would really like to play this to pass the time before the new patch. Always preferred the more survival/exploration based maps as opposed to specific adventure or story based maps.

Looks very promising, hope you can finish this before 1.4, would really like to play this to pass the time before the new patch. Always preferred the more survival/exploration based maps as opposed to specific adventure or story based maps.
currently just testing it right now. should be good before january ;)

I've been playing this map for several hours now, and it's actually really fun! At first, I was a bit confused as to whether I was able to dig/build a bit to get past certain areas, since most adventure maps ban that for the sake of adventure. However, I've gotten to the point of having wings, lightning boots, and full ancient cobalt armor (along with a lucky shadowflame hex doll which greatly helped me out) and it really does feel open world (almost too open at some points). My main problem is that personally a lot of this map has the feel of an adventure map or a metroidvania, so I keep on thinking of which way I should go next with my current stuff, or where the next dungeon is. Obviously, you wanted to make this like a cool "Vanilla+" experience (which it is very plus, so amazing job on that) but my own mindset keeps going back to the pseudo-linear gameplay of many other maps.

The beginning has a bit high difficulty (as you start in hardmode with pre-hardmode items), especially if you try to go through the crimson/corruption before fully exploring the ice biome and similar places. Corruptors and Herplings are the bane of your existance if you go the way I did. As I said, I managed to kill a Goblin Summoner and get a Shadowflame Hex Doll, which brought the difficulty down to a much more managable level, but you may want to give the player a just a tiny bit more direction at the start. The sprawling caves under spawn and under the "village" really threw me off from where I was supposed to go, but then I figured it out a lot better.

In general, great job! This really deserves more attention in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom