1. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

Resolved Massive slowdowns in 1.3.0.3

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by LexIgnis, Jul 3, 2015.

1. LexIgnis

LexIgnis Terrarian

Description: After updating to the latest hotfix, when playing the game I'll experience *massive* slowdowns. It doesn't seem to be linked to FPS since that is still around normal, but I could be wrong. Was fine with the initial release, and older versions. Friends I play multiplayer with don't experience the same issue, happens in multiplayer and singleplayer worlds.

WebM Video: https://d.maxfile.ro/yztvmmrbgp.webm
    Yes, it really looks like that in game (minus the artifacting ofc)

Specs:

• CPU: i5-540m
    • RAM: 4GB DDR3-1600
    • GPU: Nvidia NVS 3100m 512MB

Settings:

• Quality: Low
    • Resolution: 720p
    • Frameskip: Off
    • Multicore Lighting: Off
    • Autosave: Off
    • Steam BuildID: 681547

Nvidia Control Panel:

• Triple Buffering: On
    • V-sync: On (Tried off as well, to no effect)

I'm at a loss as what the issue could be, I've tried multiple solutions I've found online to no avail. I actually use Linux as my main OS, but installed Win7 on a spare HDD I had laying around just to play this game.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. Cylek

Cylek Steampunker

Try turning on Frameskip and see if that helps, if not, well they added a bit too much for your laptop to handle, sorry.

3. LexIgnis

LexIgnis Terrarian

That's what I don't understand. It worked absolutely perfectly before the hotfix, and the hotfix only really added a few things, it shouldn't have effected performance this badly. I can run Fallout: New Vegas at ~30fps just fine on low settings, it shouldn't have this much of an effect on the game. Enabling frameskip did fix it however.

4. Cylek

Cylek Steampunker

Well that's good, you don't seem to be the only one affected by performance drops however, thanks for the reply about the Frameskip option.

5. LexIgnis

LexIgnis Terrarian

Thank you for the fast reply!

6. Cylek

Cylek Steampunker

Glad I could help, and take a bit of pressure of the mods.

7. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

What's interesting is that the update actually toggled the Frameskip option for some users; that's why it worked before 1.3.0.3, but not so well after. Switching it back to On should help. :)