Master Eye of Cthulu Fight help

Me and my friend have just started our Terraria 1.4 Master playthrough together and we are stuck on what to use for the Eye of Cthulhu. I am a Mage and my strongest weapon is a Topaz staff and I forget what armor we have. My friend is using melee weapons. If I could get some suggestions for what armor and weapons a Mage and Melee player should use during Eye of Cthulhu, that would be great.

Last edited:
I think you should use meteor armour or jungle armour (you could also use ancient shadow armour if you grind for it!) and for mage you could keep the gem staff but it’s better to use the space gun or vilethorn or its crimson counterpart, for melee I found it’s easier to use the Blade of Grass or an enchanted sword if you were lucky enough to find one! Hope this helps!

I think you should use meteor armour or jungle armour (you could also use ancient shadow armour if you grind for it!) and for mage you could keep the gem staff but it’s better to use the space gun or vilethorn or its crimson counterpart, for melee I found it’s easier to use the Blade of Grass or an enchanted sword if you were lucky enough to find one! Hope this helps!
Remember we can't get meteor armor or space gun until EoW is killed. Also, what should my friends melee character use for armor?

I'd recommend upgrading your Topaz Staff to Ruby/Diamond, or Amber if possible. Amber might be easier to get since Amber is now a fairly common natural part of the Underground Desert and it is pretty strong among the early gem staff family.

For Armor, Jungle or Gold/Platinum Armor is the best possible armor to get where you are for your classes. Would recommend Gold/Platinum for your melee friend.

If you don't have them already, I would also recommend movement accessories such as the Hermes Boots, Cloud in a Bottle, or any of their cousins. For weapons, the Amazon or Thorn Chakrum could work I believe.

That early there aren't many options. For a melee character the best armor that early is gold/platinum, or maybe the new version of the ninja armor, unless you feel confident enough to farm the EoW and kill at least a few parts of it to get demonite and shadow scale.
For melee weapons, anything that can attack from a distance will be useful, like boomerangs, the thorn chakram, a good yoyo or enchanted sword or starfury.

For a mage definitely get a jungle armor, and you can be lucky enough to get a vilethorn from a shadow orb or the new desert staff. The vilethorn is perfect to hit the eye as it transforms, since it's not moving for a few seconds.

Also, build a big arena with several long platforms at different heights and use the grappling hook to move quickly between them.

And if you were lucky enough to get a flinch staff or slime staff, a summon each will give you a slight advantage.

Back
Top Bottom