Master mode boss drop ideas.

When I saw expert mode boss exclusives and master modes, I see expert mode boss drops are so much better than master mode, I wanna know if you guys have any Ideas for boss drop equipment amd a weapon.

The thing about the master mode drops is that they can't be weapons or equipements, the whole idea of the mode is to be harder expert, for people who thought expert was too easy. But if you add stuff like weapons or equips, it kinda defeats the purpose of the mode.

The thing about the master mode drops is that they can't be weapons or equipments, the whole idea of the mode is to be harder expert, for people who thought expert was too easy. But if you add stuff like weapons or equips, it kinda defeats the purpose of the mode.
I think they also said it would be purely for people who want it harder, and that purposely planned for no game changing items to be added as drops. However they did give another accessory slot

I think they also said it would be purely for people who want it harder, and that purposely planned for no game changing items to be added as drops. However they did give another accessory slot
Oh yeah, but that probably came as just a simple balance change, like the defense efficiency that differs from mode to mode. Like in normal it's 50%, in expert it's 75% and in master it's 100%. I would say the line of thinking behind this is: "of course we want it to be harder, but it needs to be fun too" or something like that, simple changes to make the playthrough more fair.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, but probably came as just a simple balance change, like the armor efficiency differs from mode to mode. Like in normal is 50%, expert is 75% and in master is 100%. I would the line of thinking behind this: "of course we want it to be harder, but it's needs to be fun too" or something like that, simple changes to make the playthrough more fair.
actually that is true

I mean there is master mode mounts like goat skull and I thought it would be cool if plantera dropped a wasp mount. Queen bee drops bee gun and bee mount and plantera drops wasp gun but no wasp mount.

the whole idea of the mode is to be harder expert, for people who thought expert was too easy.
well it failed dramatically at that
there's a master mode overhaul mod being worked on which will be released once 1.4 tML comes, the mod makes it not bad anymore and gives it special drops which is very cool (i'm bolding that just in case someone says this post is offtopic without seeing that bit)

well it failed dramatically at that
If that's your opinion on the matter, I can't judge. But yeah, it's just harder expert, same AI with higher stats, now you can call that idea anything you want, I'm not going to stop you there, but saying that they "failed" to deliver it, isn't exactly correct.

As for the other stuff about the mod, cool, just hope they can balance the stuff well.

Last edited:
I do. a lot. I have an idea to keep the pet, but you can use the master mode pet (and mounts and light pets) and boss masks to make a master mode only items. I have been writing it down recently.

Here's one:
The third watcher's glass
summons a mini armed eye of cthulhu to fight for you (like the pet but always in second form)
damage scales with progression and minion damage boosts
(The mini eye will dash rapidly at the enemy, like the blade staff. I believe it will be a great boost to early summoners because of how basic the AI's are and most pre-boss weapons are ground minions)

Just a idea for master mode, probably would be impremented into a mod, probably not.

Another one:
Diimagination
Grants immunity to Suffcation in sands
Press a hotkey to initiate worm mode. While in worm mode, you have infinite flight and hover, (UFO) and you gains the ability to move through blocks and emits lights while in blocks for 3 seconds. However, the user was constantly inflicted with Cursed while in worm mode. It has a cooldown of 45 seconds after each use.
Improves vision while underground
(It's purpose is to make exploring underground easier, as well as to escape difficult situations where you are trapped by enemies)

No pressure

There are already a few Expert Items that aren't too useful or don't have a lot of longevity; making 18 more of them for Master mode and making sure they are all fresh, unique, and useful sounds extremely hard. Especially because the mode still has to be noticeably harder than Expert at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom