Game Mechanics Master Mode Statue buffs (Master all the bosses)

Feutor

Official Terrarian
I heard some opinions on master mode and a lot of people usually say that Master mode simply is not interesting enough
and modders are in a very awkward spot of having* to mod very awkward drops to their master mode encounters.
I say awkward because well, all the pets/mounts are honestly the best sprites I have seen thus far but purely gameplay wise they did not add that much depth.

My Suggestion is to give the new golden Statues of each Boss a unique buff to the character once they are placed down so that you have to master all the bosses in order to beat the game in a still challenging but more interesting way. These buffs can also introduce new mechanics and also add strategizing in what boss to beat first depending on your class/build. I feel like this would add a lot of technical depth to Master mode and it would also be a lot easier for modders to follow master modes rules. Here is an example!

(Debuff) Mastered Bosses
(Descriptions are listed similar to how banners are listed below the debuff in order to not spam the screen with too many Buffs/Debuffs)
King Slime - Gelatenous
Eye of Cthulu - Feisty Fangs
Queen Bee - Family Friendly

On the actual Statue Tooltip and what it actually means
Gelatenous - Projectiles have a hard time reaching you. Each time you get hit by a projectile, you have a 25% chance of recieving 33% less damage from said projectile.*
Feisty Fangs* - You hit harder, the closer your opponent is. You deal additional damage (ranging from 0-10%) with non projectile melee weapons based on the enemys tile distance to you. Reaches 0% at 25 tiles.
Family Friendly - You can summon and equip more friends! Gives you an additional Summon slot but also an additional Pet equipment slot. Added since summoner is the most challenging class.

These actual debuffs are just examples and I would appreciate it if criticism is focused on the actual Suggestion and not the examples.
One thing that just came to mind is that this list might become too long at some point, you could make an additional Debuff for hardmode statues which could go like "Master of Hardmode".
I expected this to already be suggested but did not find a post like it so if I missed it, sorry. But I genuinely tried to look for it.

*1 I say "have to" because people will expect it and probably be disapointed if modders do not add at least a pet to each boss since that seems to be the current deal of Master mode.
*2 If this happens, you will also get a visual indicator of slime particles coming out of your model. These particle colors will mimic the dye on your Chestpiece Dye Slot.
Additional Info: I made it a percentage to happen so that you cannot build an infinite invincibility farm.
*3 This is a
reference

Back
Top Bottom