Resolved Master mode summoner day-time empress. HELP!

TerrarianCrab

Official Terrarian
So I am doing a master mode summoner playthrough with my buddies and we are pre moon lord. ranger has chain gun, mage has razorblade typhoon, I have deadly sphere staff. we can not do the slightest of damage without dying (nighttime) during the day hell breaks and we can't get past the first few seconds. any tips for this fight?

So I am doing a master mode summoner playthrough with my buddies and we are pre moon lord. ranger has chain gun, mage has razorblade typhoon, I have deadly sphere staff. we can not do the slightest of damage without dying (nighttime) during the day hell breaks and we can't get past the first few seconds. any tips for this fight?
You should get Raven Staff, Xeno Staff or Desert Tiger Staff. Deadly Sphere is horrible for EoL.

Get Hallowed Armor Since you die in one hit, prioritize mobility, damage and dodge accessories

Use
Best wings you got (Menacing)
Menacing Master Ninja Gear
Menacing Brain of Confusion
Menacing Papyrus Scarab
Menacing Terraspark/Frostspark boots
Menacing Necromantic Scroll
Menacing Soaring Insignia (beat it during the night first)

Reforge the summons
Use a Massive Kaleidoscope

Use:
Summoning potion
Wrath potion
Rage potion
Swiftness potion
Bewitching table
Flask of Ichor

Get Hallowed Armor Since you die in one hit, prioritize mobility, damage and dodge accessories

Use
Best wings you got (Menacing)
Menacing Master Ninja Gear
Menacing Brain of Confusion
Menacing Papyrus Scarab
Menacing Terraspark/Frostspark boots
Menacing Necromantic Scroll
Menacing Soaring Insignia (beat it during the night first)

Reforge the summons
Use a Massive Kaleidoscope

Use:
Summoning potion
Wrath potion
Rage potion
Swiftness potion
Bewitching table
Flask of Ichor
I'd recommend adjusting terraspark with amphibian boots.

One thing worth noting is that Empress is much more difficult to manage in multiplayer. It’s a lot harder to predict the boss’s attacks when she’s constantly switching targets and you can also get hit by offscreen projectiles.

The daytime fight will actually be easier if you fight it one at a time, since a single slipup will end the fight. I’d choose whichever player has the most experience with the boss to kill daytime Empress, or if you’re all newer, you can take turns.

Anyway, if you’re fighting the Empress, you should have full Hallowed armor, a Brain of Confusion, and a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear. These all offer dodge chance, which are the only way to survive hits from daytime Empress.

You also want either Betsy, Fishron or Empress wings (although all of those are hard to get, you can probably pass with Spooky, Black Fairy or Christmas Wings), a form of dash such as Master Ninja Gear, Soaring Insignia, and a Gelatinous Pillion to fall quickly.

Ranger can probably pull more with a Tsunami than the Chain Gun. A Tsunami with Holy Arrows will offer some of the highest DPS of any pre-lunar ranged weapon. Mage’s weapon looks fine. You’re super far behind in gear - you definitely want to get a Xeno Staff and Kaleidoscope before daytime Empress.

i'd recommend as whoneedsnames said is to get all the dodge chances things in yourself, and i'd recommend also to get mobility accesories and modified them with lucky or menacing so at the same time you get higher dps value.
For the arena i'd recommend a really long platform of asphalt, bubbles with honey and campfires, and last with the honey and campfires put instead of 2 blocks of asphalt put 2 blocks of dirt put them seed of grass and them a SunFlower, for speed.

One thing worth noting is that Empress is much more difficult to manage in multiplayer. It’s a lot harder to predict the boss’s attacks when she’s constantly switching targets and you can also get hit by offscreen projectiles.

The daytime fight will actually be easier if you fight it one at a time, since a single slipup will end the fight. I’d choose whichever player has the most experience with the boss to kill daytime Empress, or if you’re all newer, you can take turns.

Anyway, if you’re fighting the Empress, you should have full Hallowed armor, a Brain of Confusion, and a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear. These all offer dodge chance, which are the only way to survive hits from daytime Empress.

You also want either Betsy, Fishron or Empress wings (although all of those are hard to get, you can probably pass with Spooky, Black Fairy or Christmas Wings), a form of dash such as Master Ninja Gear, Soaring Insignia, and a Gelatinous Pillion to fall quickly.

Ranger can probably pull more with a Tsunami than the Chain Gun. A Tsunami with Holy Arrows will offer some of the highest DPS of any pre-lunar ranged weapon. Mage’s weapon looks fine. You’re super far behind in gear - you definitely want to get a Xeno Staff and Kaleidoscope before daytime Empress.
actually i have noticed that, so my new strategy will be doing it on single player while live streaming and my friends watching. thank you for this and we'll see how it goes.

Get betsy wings + soaring insignia, your maneuverability is insane. You don't even need dash accessories once you have those two since betsy wing's acceleration is almost instant. Hoverboard also works if you don't have betsy wings.

Hallowed armor is the only reliable way to improve your survival (well that and skill), you can use dodge accesories, but those have a low activation rate, I'd suggest just using offensive accesories.

Xeno staff is the best pre lunar minion for fighting Empress of light, if you are confident in your abilites you can also use the raven staff. If you already have a desert tiger you can use that, but if you don't your time is better spent getting a xeno staff.

Here's a video where I no hit Empress of light as a pure summoner, using the raven staff.
https://youtu.be/SohG78XGn2I

Back
Top Bottom