Maximizing your experience when 1.4 comes out.

(Read the first post first.) - How will you approach patch 1.4?

• Total voters

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
So here's a question I have for anyone waiting with bated breath for when Terraria 1.4 comes out. How are you best preparing yourself for it in terms of hype, or novelty? For example, I can see two routes here:

1. You abstain from playing Terraria for half a year or more, hoping the novelty would regenerate itself and it would be like playing the game for the first time. After all, we never do know when it will come out, so we don't know how long we'll be not playing.
  2. Take no break from it but play more Vanilla than modded Terraria, all to the point where you are intimately familiar with the latest version that's out now so when 1.4 emerges, you'll instantly see all of the differences and can appreciate them that much more.

Both of these routes have their dangers, but I also feel that they're particularly innate to the individual and their own life. Maybe some people have a great difficulty in restoring the concept of "novelty" a'la the first bullet point, and the tactic is therefore ineffective. But, maybe someone else (Or that same first person...) also get far too used to something the more they do it, like playing thousands of hours of Terraria over and over again with no expansion in tangible goals or content to engage them. So maybe that's a death sentence for that player and even a new patch is just "Ugh, more Terraria?"

What do you think? How are you preparing yourself for patch 1.4?

So here's a little bump. Alright.

I seem to be engaging in a Terraria fast. I haven't played it at all in many months. All I do is watch the forums for new mods to make me Terraria-hungry and engage in little discussions about it here and there. Mostly here. :p

I think the Fast is working fine. I can't wait for 1.4's release, and when it comes out, I know I'll be beyond excited for it.

What about you? :D

I actually have great plans for 1.4!
I have a good friend group of around 10 people, they are all huge fans of terraria, We plan to all meet up, create a large Master mode world and have a long term playthrough together. It’s going to be awesome!

I'm going to keep playing vanilla as I have for nearly five years now. Why would I abstain from something I clearly can never get tired of? I may throw some modded in there when I'm feeling masochistic.

Oddly enough, I might go so far as to say that the goal of this thread is to discuss one's tactics involving how one spends their time before 1.4's release. :p Not what we're going to do after it's released.

I'm just concerned if we would be able to convert our character/world to Master mode in any way. If not, that kinda sucks, because I've grown really attached to my main world and I wish to continue playing on that word when 1.4 comes out.
I'm sure it'll be forward-compatible. It probably won't have any of the world-gen related things that 1.4 presents though. It's why I'll be starting a new world first thing.

What I did is make a copy of my Steam and User Profile Terraria folders and then rename then Terraria 1.3.5 Copy so I'll always have that to go back to, just in case.

I'm trying to look for people who actually want to and can play Terraria so I can have more than two players in a world for the first time.

I've played this game so much that I practically know it inside and out. No matter how long I went without playing it, I'd still be able to spot exactly what's new and what isn't, as soon as the update dropped. So I'm pretty much gonna get the second outcome regardless of what I do.

Reactions: Bry
I'm just concerned if we would be able to convert our character/world to Master mode in any way. If not, that kinda sucks, because I've grown really attached to my main world and I wish to continue playing on that word when 1.4 comes out.
Depends if Master mode works like expert mode in how you set a world to it, if so, then it won't be changeable and your world will still be the same mod it was in in 1.3.5.

At one point I stopped playing until the update comes so I'll play fresh with a new character and world. I decided to not just make NPC prisons and I'm writing down ideas for what I want to build the big homebase as and a couple other building points, I have drawn base ideas for the next 2 or 3 worlds I make. I keep looking at the subreddit for ideas.

I'm even thinking that I'll first do an expert mode playthrough with everything new and make it a proper-class playthrough for challenge, after that I'll play another new character and world for master mode. Then I can do a 3rd with mods on mainly so I can look at calamity (honestly most of my interest was from seeing the billion boss themes on youtube).

Back
Top Bottom