Other Maybe a way to play older updates?

WingedOracle

Spazmatism
ok but idk where to put this

So I think that a way to play the older updates of the game, similar what Minecraft or Cuphead has, would be ideal for Terraria.

You'd probably change the version via settings, idk.

Also, it'd shut up the hardcore Console/Mobile/PVP players and make them stop complaining about 1.3

I was just thinking about how I would be able to play the 1.0 version of the game. I'd definitely like if this was possible without pirating an older version of the game

I've also been thinking about this a lot lately. Especially after reminiscing through my old LPs and trailers recently.

I have code backups of every single version, including daily progress before 1.0. It would be fairly easy to do using steam beta, too. (I'd have to check with them to see if it's okay)

What specific versions do you think would be the best to have?

I've also been thinking about this a lot lately. Especially after reminiscing through my old LPs and trailers recently.

I have code backups of every single version, including daily progress before 1.0. It would be fairly easy to do using steam beta, too. (I'd have to check with them to see if it's okay)

If I'm not mistaken GoG let's you go back as far as 1.2.X. It would be nice to have steam let you go as far back as at least that.

I see requests occasionally from people that want to play 1.1 and 1.0 when I help others, but honestly I'm sure they would be happy to have whatever you're willing to give.

I would love to be able to turn the clock back and experience 1.0, which started it all. On console I have experienced the whole journey from the first release (equivalent to pc 1.0.6.1 I think), but on pc I didn't start until 1.2.4.

I think it would be fun to have at least these versions available:
1.0 To see how it all started.
1.1.2 As that was the first version I've played.
And eventually, also the current release, 1.3.5.3, As it really looks like 1.3.6 is changing it a lot. :D

I recall 1.1.2 having the most active and diverse PvP scene, so I’d definitely appreciate going back to experience that. Trash slot crafting glitch, too. I think every version that directly preceded a large content update should be available.

Also, whichever update contained the hyperdrive minecart glitch.

Please make this in 1.4, red. I made a post requesting it and a guy sent me the link.

Back
Top Bottom