Measuring canon end-game power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am going to attempt to measure the power of an end-game Terraria character only using what is actually canon inside the game and without considering game mechanics like "He can hold 10,000 bars of gold"

Ok so what is the scale of the world? Well each block is 2 feet, according to the Wiki.

Durability. The damage output of explosives is 250 and with high enough health and defense you can survive that. The blast radius is 10 blocks, so twenty feet(that's 40 feet from end to end of the blast). Max HP is 500. So with no armor a maxed Terraria hero could survive two back to back explosions with a 20 feet blast radius provided there is a few seconds between the detonations.

"In expert mode, defense stat works differently, as 75% of the defense stat reduces incoming damage, rounded up.." so at a maximum possible defense of 159, 120 damage would be negated, nearly half the power of the explosion.

Another feat is that you can be fully submerged in lava for several seconds (without the potion) and live. Lava is 700 to 1,200°C and because the lava in Terraria is fully liquid and runs easily that it is closer to the latter end. Which means that our end game character can with stand temperatures up to at lease 1,000 °C and low enough to freeze him/her solid.

Speed A new character can move at 11.36 blocks/sec, or 15 mph. +160% speed is the game's hard cap, thus maximum running speed is 39 mph(higher on asphalt) but flying speed is higher. on a developed character I was able to achieve 58 mph ascending speed and around 45 flying speed.

Damage output Against a single target its possible to put out over 3000 dps so going back to explosion with a 20 feet radius you can let out over 12 every second.

Other notes Terraria guy is adept at Magic, Melee, bows and guns, alchemy and imbuing. He can teleport distances of up around 60~ feet give or take but with a 6 second delay between teleports. He can rain down a stream of meteors that each put out more damage then the aforementioned explosives. Has a UFO that can fly indefinitely at 41 mph and a Unicorn that can run at 60 mph. Is immune to many different effects of attacks with the correct gear.

How did I do? Is this an accurate way of measuring Terrira guy's power?

Last edited:
I mean I can't see anything wrong in what you've used as reference points, but this isn't exactly an area of expertise i'm not a mathematically oriented individual...

However the max speed for flying isn't 45 its probably in the mid 60's if you account hovering as flight which is the speed I got using the Vortex Booster to hover
Also might wanna check over the whole wall of text because you'll notice a few spelling errors, and using a word that's similar, but not correct.

I mean I can't see anything wrong in what you've used as reference points, but this isn't exactly an area of expertise i'm not a mathematically oriented individual...

However the max speed for flying isn't 45 its probably in the mid 60's if you account hovering as flight which is the speed I got using the Vortex Booster to hover
Also might wanna check over the whole wall of text because you'll notice a few spelling errors, and using a word that's similar, but not correct.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm mostly interested in who the Terraria guy could fight. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom