Weapons & Equip Mech Revamp, Part I

Nutella Fairy

Skeletron Prime
This is the first part of what is to be three suggestions, dealing with each mech boss. In this case, the twins. I have many goals in this suggestion.
  • Give the twins unique attacks in expert mode.
  • Give them a weapon for each damage type.
  • Reassign each weapon to a different obtainment method.
  • Make these weapons Twins-themed
  • Showcase some talented spriters. In this case, the sprites are from the talents of @652Graystripe !
The Twins in Expert mode

In expert mode, the twins won't get any new attacks, but when an Eye is about to transform, it will go into ghost mode, where it will not take any damage, until the other twin transforms. The reason for this is because when both eyes are in second form, the tissue that connects them will become a spiked chain, which will now damage anyone who touches it.

Weapon for each damage type (each is crafted with only 20 souls of sight)

Flaizmatism
index.php

(Flayz-muh-tyzum)
44 Melee DMG
20 UT
"Spaz at your service!"

Due to some confusion in my request, I got a ball type flail of Spazmatism in it first form. My mistake, It's actually supposed to be in its second form, and despite it's appearance, it's a puncher type flail, not a ball type. Silly me! Anyway, when realeased, spazmatism travels VERY slowly compared to other flails, but sprays fire at nearby enemies when active. (also, you may have noticed I didn't say CURSED fire. This is because Spazmatism now should fire regular fire, to fit with Crimson worlds.)

Retina Blaster
index.php

40 Magic DMG
UT Depends on the player's health.
5 Mana
"Firing speed is proportional to your health."

To prevent confusion with life fruits, use time actually depends on how many hearts the player has, not actual hitpoints.
At 20 hearts, use time is 30. At 1 heart, the use time is 11. So every heart represents 1 frame.

Fireball Cannon
index.php

(I have no idea what to put here)
"Uses gel as ammo"
Hold down the attack button to charge. As you charge, a fireball forms in front of the weapon's sprite. The longer the charge, the higher the damage and larger the fireball. The largest possible fireball can go upto 700 Damage! (but you would have to charge it for 3 seconds (a lot of frames))

Optic Staff

Same thing, but only summons a retinizer. 2 Retinizer weapons, 2 spazmatism.

Reassignment:

Fairy Bell and Magical Harp are now sold by the wizard for 35 gold, after a Mech has been defeated. Harp and Bell are just removed from the game, as they would be useless anyway.

Rainbow rod is now a 1/300 drop from surface hollow mobs.

Optic Staff now only costs 20 SOS.

Destroyer and Prime coming Soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 223
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Tip: you can just use the image URL links if you want to post directly from where I put the sprites up. Here's the background-less versions:
Aley the Ale Fairy Fireball Cannon.png Aley the Ale Fairy Retinazer Turret.png Aley the Ale Fairy Spazmatism Flail.png

This is the first part of what is to be three suggestions, dealing with each mech boss. In this case, the twins. I have many goals in this suggestion.
  • Give the twins unique attacks in expert mode.
  • Give them a weapon for each damage type.
  • Reassign each weapon to a different obtainment method.
  • Make these weapons Twins-themed
  • Showcase some talented spriters. In this case, the sprites are from the talents of @652Graystripe !
The Twins in Expert mode

In expert mode, the twins won't get any new attacks, but when an Eye is about to transform, it will go into ghost mode, where it will not take any damage, until the other twin transforms. The reason for this is because when both eyes are in second form, the tissue that connects them will become a spiked chain, which will now damage anyone who touches it.

Weapon for each damage type (each is crafted with only 20 souls of sight)

Flaizmatism
index.php

(Flayz-muh-tyzum)
44 Melee DMG
20 UT
"Spaz at your service!"

Due to some confusion in my request, I got a ball type flail of Spazmatism in it first form. My mistake, It's actually supposed to be in its second form, and despite it's appearance, it's a puncher type flail, not a ball type. Silly me! Anyway, when realeased, spazmatism travels VERY slowly compared to other flails, but sprays fire at nearby enemies when active. (also, you may have noticed I didn't say CURSED fire. This is because Spazmatism now should fire regular fire, to fit with Crimson worlds.)

Retina Blaster
index.php

40 Magic DMG
UT Depends on the player's health.
5 Mana
"Firing speed is proportional to your health."

To prevent confusion with life fruits, use time actually depends on how many hearts the player has, not actual hitpoints.
At 20 hearts, use time is 30. At 1 heart, the use time is 11. So every heart represents 1 frame.

Fireball Cannon
index.php

(I have no idea what to put here)
"Uses gel as ammo"
Hold down the attack button to charge. As you charge, a fireball forms in front of the weapon's sprite. The longer the charge, the higher the damage and larger the fireball. The largest possible fireball can go upto 700 Damage! (but you would have to charge it for 3 seconds (a lot of frames))

Optic Staff

Same thing, but only summons a retinizer. 2 Retinizer weapons, 2 spazmatism.

Reassignment:

Fairy Bell and Magical Harp are now sold by the wizard for 35 gold, after a Mech has been defeated. Harp and Bell are just removed from the game, as they would be useless anyway.

Rainbow rod is now a 1/300 drop from surface hollow mobs.

Optic Staff now only costs 20 SOS.

Destroyer and Prime coming Soon!
Sorry but you do not have my support. The rainbow rod should be crafted and not an RNG drop otherwise even less people would use it. The wizard should not deprive you of your money for a magical harp and fairy bell.

Sorry but you do not have my support. The rainbow rod should be crafted and not an RNG drop otherwise even less people would use it. The wizard should not deprive you of your money for a magical harp and fairy bell.
you can still obtain the rod, and 45 gold is way easier to get than the old recipe. Keep in mind that i'm giving you 3 unique magic weapons to replace them.

Back
Top Bottom