Texture Pack Mecha Drones - An Arachnophobia Resource Pack

Rijam

Official Terrarian
I was inspired by Mikey_hor's Anti-Spider texture pack to create my own arachnophobia resource pack. I have created a resource pack that completely replaces all spiders in Terraria with robot drones. This not only includes the 4 spider enemies, but also the Spider armor, Spider summons, Spider pet, and more.

icon_texture.png
What this resource pack changes:
  • The four spider enemies: Wall Creeper, Jungle Creeper, Blood Crawler, and Black Recluse including their gore.​
  • The four banners for the enemies​
  • Spider Fangs​
  • Spider armor​
  • Spider Staff & its summons​
  • Queen Spider Staff & its summons​
  • Spider Egg item & the Spider pet​
  • Poison Staff & Venom Staff​
  • Spiderfish​
  • Webslinger (just the spider head base)​
  • Flask of Poison​
  • Spider cave background objects, map background, and Bestiary icon​
  • Critter Spider emote
  • Jeepers Creepers achievement icon
  • The sounds of the Wall Creeper/Black Recluse & Blood Crawler (optional, see below)​
What this resource pack DOES NOT change:
  • Cobwebs
  • Web Rope & Web Rope Coil
  • Webslinger's projectiles
  • Web Covered Chest
  • The Webbed debuff
  • Webbed Stylist
  • Spider Walls
  • The Spider furniture set
Screenshots:
In game screenshots
Items:
items.png

Wall Creepers and Black Recluses
spidercave.png

Blood Crawler and Spider Pet
bloodcrawler.png

Jungle Creeper with a lot of gore.
junglecreeper.png

Mecha Drones Sounds Demonstration

icon.png

I also created a sound resource pack which changes the sounds for the Wall Creeper, Black Recluse, and Blood Crawler to suit their more robotic appearance. The Jungle Creeper's sounds remain unchanged because it uses generic enemy sounds.

This is its own resource pack since I figured changing the sounds is not what everyone wants. The sound samples were sourced from freesound.org and mixed together by me. (The sounds are royalty free, so you do not have to worry about getting copy right strike or anything if you use this sound pack in a YouTube video or Twitch stream.)

Potential Conflicts:
This texture pack changes the placed enemy banners sheet, stalactite sheet, 1x1 & 2x1 background decoration sheet, 3x2 background decoration sheet, and the pots sheet. If you have another texture pack that changes these sheets, the two may conflict and you'll likely only see one texture pack's.

Downloads:
You should not have to extract the zip. Simply place them in your Resource Packs folder and they should work.

I am open to any changes. I do not have arachnophobia nor have anyone close that I know who does. I do not know if cobwebs are an issue with some people or not. Also let me know if I missed a sprite that has a spider on it or if there are any errors.

I also have uploaded both of these packs to the Steam Workshop if you wish to download them there:
Mecha Drones: Steam Workshop::Mecha Drones - An Arachnophobia Resource Pack
Mecha Drones Sounds: Steam Workshop::Mecha Drones Sounds

Edit April 5th, 2021: I have added a video demonstrating the Mecha Drones Sounds resource pack (located in the spoiler).
Edit April 23rd, 2021: 1.1 Update.
  • Changed all of the spider cave related background objects to fit with the robotic theme (Pots, stalactites, 1x1 decor, 2x1 decor, and 3x2 decor).
  • Minor fix to the Spider armor leggings.
Edit July 9th, 2021: 1.2 Update.
  • Changed the Critter Spider emote into a drone.
  • Changed the Jeepers Creepers achievement icon into a drone.
  • Minor changes to the Venom Staff sprite
Edit December 21st, 2021: 1.3 Update.
  • Fixed the Critter Spider emote (1.4.3 introduced more emotes)
Edit October 9th, 2022: 1.4 Update
  • Fixed achievement icons (1.4.4 introduced new achievements)
  • Changed the spider nest map background image.
  • Changed the spider nest Bestiary icon.
  • Changed the decorations created by the Rubblemaker.
Edit December 6th, 2022: 1.5 Update
  • Updated placed banners to match 1.4.4
  • Updated the 3x2 ambient objects to match 1.4.4
  • Updated the Bestiary icons to match their positions in 1.4.4

Attachments

• MechaDronesSound.zip
    623.6 KB · Views: 379
  • MechaDrones.zip
    536.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I was inspired by Mikey_hor's Anti-Spider texture pack to create my own arachnophobia resource pack. I have created a resource pack that completely replaces all spiders in Terraria with robot drones. This not only includes the 4 spider enemies, but also the Spider armor, Spider summons, Spider pet, and more.

What this resource pack changes:
  • The four spider enemies: Wall Creeper, Jungle Creeper, Blood Crawler, and Black Recluse including their gore.​
  • The four banners for the enemies​
  • Spider Fangs​
  • Spider armor​
  • Spider Staff & its summons​
  • Queen Spider Staff & its summons​
  • Spider Egg item & the Spider pet​
  • Poison Staff & Venom Staff​
  • Spiderfish​
  • Webslinger (just the spider head base)​
  • Flask of Poison​
  • The sounds of the Wall Creeper/Black Recluse & Blood Crawler (optional, see below)​
What this resource pack DOES NOT change:
  • Cobwebs
  • Web Rope & Web Rope Coil
  • Webslinger's projectiles
  • Web Covered Chest
  • The Webbed debuff
  • Webbed Stylist
  • Spider Walls
  • The Spider furniture set
  • Critter Spider emote
  • Jeepers Creepers achievement icon
Screenshots:
In game screenshots
Items:
View attachment 313585
Wall Creepers and Black Recluses
View attachment 313586
Blood Crawler and Spider Pet
View attachment 313587
Jungle Creeper with a lot of gore.
View attachment 313588

I also created a sound resource pack which changes the sounds for the Wall Creeper, Black Recluse, and Blood Crawler to suit their more robotic appearance. The Jungle Creeper's sounds remains unchanged because it uses generic enemy sounds.

This is its own resource pack since I figured changing the sounds is not what everyone wants. The sound samples were sourced from freesound.org and mixed together by me. (The sounds are royalty free, so you do not have to worry about getting copy right strike or anything if you use this sound pack in a YouTube video or Twitch stream.)

Potential Conflicts:
This texture pack changes the placed enemy banners sheet. If you have another texture pack that changes the enemy banners, the two may conflict and you'll likely only see one texture pack's banners.

Downloads:
You should not have to extract the zip. Simply place them in your Resource Packs folder and they should work.

I am open to any changes. I do not have arachnophobia nor have anyone close that I know who does. I do not know if cobwebs are an issue with some people or not. Also let me know if I missed a sprite that has a spider on it or if there are any errors.

Edit: I also have uploaded both of these packs to the Steam Workshop if you wish to download them there:
Mecha Drones: Steam Workshop::Mecha Drones - An Arachnophobia Resource Pack
Mecha Drones Sounds: Steam Workshop::Mecha Drones Sounds
Good to see someone else making these packs. Where did you find the gib textures?

Hey. I merged a few texture packs so as to use it while playing TML. Is there any way to change the music files in TML (1.3.5)

Good to see someone else making these packs. Where did you find the gib textures?
I extracted all of the vanilla assets and painstakingly searched through all of the Gore images until I found the ones for all four spiders. Gore_205 & 206 for the Black Recluse, Gore_207 & 208 for the Wall Creeper, Gore_332 through 335 for the Jungle Creeper, and Gore_351 through 353 for the Blood Crawler. That's a total of 11 gore images.
Hey. I merged a few texture packs so as to use it while playing TML. Is there any way to change the music files in TML (1.3.5)
I think you can change the music by changing the Wavebank, but I don't know how to do that and I don't know if it is different from a new 1.4.2 music pack.

I extracted all of the vanilla assets and painstakingly searched through all of the Gore images until I found the ones for all four spiders. Gore_205 & 206 for the Black Recluse, Gore_207 & 208 for the Wall Creeper, Gore_332 through 335 for the Jungle Creeper, and Gore_351 through 353 for the Blood Crawler. That's a total of 11 gore images.

I think you can change the music by changing the Wavebank, but I don't know how to do that and I don't know if it is different from a new 1.4.2 music pack.
i couldnt even find the place where the gore images where stored

This is possibly the best and funniest texture pack that I have ever and will ever see. If I had the PC version, I would download this ASAP.

Update!
I have changed all of the spider cave background decorations to match the robotic theme. There is also a small fix for the spider armor leggings (a pixel was missing at the back of each frame).
The new version is available to download on the Steam Workshop as well.

New update!
I have changed the Critter Spider emote into a drone and changed the Jeepers Creepers achievement icon into a drone. I also edited the sprite of the Venom Staff a little. (Note: The changed achievement icon will only show up in game and not on Steam's achievements.)
The new version is available to download on the Steam Workshop as well.

New minor update:
Fixed achievement icons (1.4.4 introduced new achievements)
Changed the spider nest map background image.
Changed the spider nest Bestiary icon.
Changed the decorations created by the Rubblemaker.

Back
Top Bottom