Mecha roadblock

Aiodensghost

Spazmatism
Ok, so I got Terraria's PC version to run on a Windows tablet with 2GB of RAM. I've been playing it and I got into Hardmode and got the stuff to take on the mechanical bosses.
The only problem is, I need help. I haven't played the PC version in so long that I forgot it's NOT like the Nintendo 3DS version where you can find Life Fruit before the defeat of a mech boss.

I need at least one other player who is willing to help me out. I'm playing with a semi-fresh character that only has 400 health and max mana.

My setup armor and weapon wise:

Titanium Mask
Titanium Breastplate
Titanium Leggings
Beamsword
Hasty Minishark w/ 5004 Cursed bullets
Daedalus Stormbow (cause I was stupid enough to spawn a Hallowed Mimic that I killed by the skin of my teeth)
Weak Imp Staff

I tried for the Twins the first go round (the Twins are usually a cakewalk for me,) but with 400 HP I got slaughtered.

You can use a Lifeforce Potion if you need to increase your health, along with other defensive potions like the Endurance, Ironskin, and Regeneration potions. (If you need the recipe, just check in with the Guide using a Bottled Water.)

Get Holy Arrows. They shred the Mechanical bosses when fired by the Daedalus Stormbow, especially the Destroyer. I would also suggest that you ditch the Imp Staff, it is weak for this stage of the game and puts unnecessary invicibility frames with its low piercing damage.

If you need any other tips, then I'd be happy to share them.

Twins is the hardest mechanical boss, so try to defeat Destroyer and Skeletron Prime firstly.

Twins are usually easy for me, though. And I tried the Destroyer earlier, it killed me too. Usually with the Destroyer I wait for the truffle to move in, and since I've killed another mech boss by then I get the mushroom spear and the Destroyer becomes nothing more than a pushover.
[doublepost=1531702546,1531702189][/doublepost]
You can use a Lifeforce Potion if you need to increase your health, along with other defensive potions like the Endurance, Ironskin, and Regeneration potions. (If you need the recipe, just check in with the Guide using a Bottled Water.)

Get Holy Arrows. They shred the Mechanical bosses when fired by the Daedalus Stormbow, especially the Destroyer. I would also suggest that you ditch the Imp Staff, it is weak for this stage of the game and puts unnecessary invicibility frames with its low piercing damage.

If you need any other tips, then I'd be happy to share them.

I pulled up the gamepedia for potion recipes. I'm in the process of getting holy arrows, just gotta get more pixie dust and slay more unicorns. Ditiching the Imp Staff is a great suggestion, what would you suggest replacing it with? I do know that if I slay a mech boss I could potentially get the optical staff sooner than later (which is why I go for the Twins first, cause I have the lenses and the black lens for it already.) I could probably go mining for crystal shards frequently to stalk up on greater healing potions. I'll probably have to replace my titanium mask if I plan to go ranger (cause I use ranger main, then warrior/melee as my sub-main.)

I DID manage to get Harpy wings and a unicorn mount, I still have a Gravitational potion left over from looking for sky islands. I'll need to get a fishing rod (I haven't fished AT ALL this playthrough.) I'll scavenge the underworld. Is an inferno potion any good against mech bosses? Cause I know they work wonders with Plantera

Last edited:
If you really need a minion, then a Spider Staff(obtained by using Spider Fangs dropped from Black Recluses) is a nice alternative, but it usually isn't neccessary for mech bosses. It also puts an invincibility frame on enemies, so I wouldn't rely on it too much though. It won't falter your performance too much, but it might cause an annoyance when you are trying to attack a single target.

The Harpy Wings are decent enough against the mechanical bosses, but you may want to look into getting Frozen Wings if you want more speed on the wings. And if you want to play as a Melee/Ranger hybrid, then the Frost Armor would be an excellent choice(though it takes some Titanium and Ice Golem farming.)

And since you have the Unicorn mount, then using that is really great against the Twins on a long horizontal bridge. Its high movement speed and the agile jump it gets will make a great canidate for dodging the aggressive nature of Spasmatism and the lasers from Retinazer. It can also be good against Skeletron Prime, but you shouldn't need it as long as you have those wings. The Gravitation potion will also work well, but the Unicorn should suffice.

The Inferno Potion won't be of much help for the mech bosses, I'd save it for Plantera to help you deal with the spores she shoots. As long as you dodge with the best of your ability, use defensive potions according to your confidence, and using that Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows, it should go smoothly.

Hope this helps :D

Back
Top Bottom