NPCs & Enemies Mechamind, the Artificial Intellegence

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

• No

• Needs some work.

Results are only viewable after voting.

tmonster2002

Official Terrarian
Hardmode Version of Brain of Cthulu (Normal/Expert)

This is it's own standalone boss.

Stats:
HP: 53000/64500
Defense: 20
Knockback Resist: 50%
Ichor Fountain Damage: 60/108; Ichor Debuff Chance: 25%/50%
Laser Shotgun Damage: 110/200
Contact/Melee Damage: 100/200

A.I.: Teleports around the player with 40 Probes (same texture as Destroyer probes, but double the stats on said Destroyer Probe.) circling around it. After all probes are destroyed, the boss enters phase 2, where it teleports at a much faster speed. Every 3 teleports, it does one of its 3 attacks:
Ichor Fountain: Sprays Ichor at various angles above it, and then teleports.
Laser Shotgun: Fires 3 bursts of 5 lasers toward the player at various angles, teleporting a small distance between bursts.
Ram: Rams into the player similar to the Eye of Cthulu and Spasmatism.

Summon Item: Blood-Stained Calculator
Recipe: 5 vertebrae, 5 Iron/Lead Bars, 5 Souls of Light.

Drops Souls of Brightness
All other drops are the same as other Mechanical Bosses

(Don't have a texture, sorry)

Last edited:
Why are you replacing souls of sight with souls of bright? What are souls of bright anyway? Also, why do the probes have double the stats of the destroyer's probes?

Why are you replacing souls of sight with souls of bright? What are souls of bright anyway? Also, why do the probes have double the stats of the destroyer's probes?
A. Because it fits with the boss B. bright can mean smart C. because the probes for the destroyer are there to distract you and are not essential to the fight.

Now this is fixed, I get to say what I want to.

I don't like mechanical Brain of Cthulhu suggestions, I just don't, they're not necessary, and if you get Crimson and have this boss, you'll never get to fight a worm boss, which Terraria gives bosses of all varieties.

No support. :(

A. Because it fits with the boss B. bright can mean smart C. because the probes for the destroyer are there to distract you and are not essential to the fight.
Isn't this boss supposed to replace the destroyer in crimson worlds? If so, it should drop souls of might not sight. Also, the souls of bright aren't that necessary, just make it drop souls of might so the devs don't have to add new recipes.

Should use Souls of Might or something that makes more sense, like Souls of Plight. Also should replace the Destroyer in Crimson worlds rather then being its own boss (which wouldn't make much sense). And the summoner item needs to fit with the others, so call it the Mechanical Brain, crafted with 6 Vertebrae, 5 iron/lead bars, and 6 Souls of Night.

I don't really like the idea of bosses having a mechanical variant, so i do not support this. Also, what does it drop.

Back
Top Bottom