Weapons & Equip Mechanical Arms, Bionic Headsets and the Middle Hardmode Thrower

Red H2O

Skeletron Prime
Greetings, everybody! Welcome to the second part of my attempt to fill out the Throwing class to a position of power. The first can be found here. Today we tackle the mechanical bosses, a few new weapons, and a new accessory or two! Let's jump right in.

July 17th, 2015 edit: The third part in the Hardmode Thrower series is up! Check it out here!

First and foremost, it's a necessity to give our throwers some reason to fight the mech bosses. Well, beyond just normal progression. So, I've devised a weapon similar to the Bone Glove.

Mechanical Arm
Sprite credit goes to It's a me!
index.php

- 10 Hallowed Bars + 15 Souls of Fright + 15 Cogs
- Throwing weapon
- Damage: 33
- Knockback: 3
- Velocity: 4
- Crit. Chance: 4%
- Rarity: Pink
- Use Time: 12
- "Auto-throws throwing weapons
- "33% chance to not consume thrown weapons"
- Sell: 4 Gold
- This weapon is functionally very similar to the Bone Glove. The stats listed are applied in addition to throw weapons, which are used as ammo for the Mechanical Arm. However, there are a few key differences. Whenever this weapon is selected in the hotbar, the player's arm becomes mechanical (purely cosmetic). The Mechanical Arm also auto-throws throwing weapons, and can use any throwing weapon, from Bones to the Lightning Bolt. It's best modifier for now is Unreal. Until I get around to making some Throwing-specific modifiers, that is. *wink*

That's all well and good, but you won't get too far without some new weapons to lock and load into your fancy arm.
Fantastic sprites provided by ThatOneRobloxHater!

Hallowed Tomahawk
index.php

- 3 Hallowed Bars + 5 Souls of Might. Creates 100.
- 45 Damage
- Strong Knockback
- Max Stack: 999
- Velocity: 7.5
- Crit. Chance: 5%
- Use Time: 21
- These thrown axes are heavily affected by gravity, dropping off after about 12 blocks. They also function similarly to javelins, sticking into enemies for 20 damage per tick per stuck tomahawk. Up to 3 tomahawks can be stuck to an enemy at a time.

Hallowed Dart
index.php

- 3 Hallowed Bars + 5 Souls of Sight. Creates 100.
- Throwing weapon
- 30 Damage
- Weak Knockback
- Velocity: 12
- Crit. Chance: 5%
- Use Time: 10
- Not to be confused with darts used by The Blowgun, Dart Rifle, etc. These very tiny and extremely fast throwing weapons are the thrower's bullets. When used with the Mechanical Arm, a hellfire of darts can barrage the screen.

Hallowed Dagger
index.php

- 3 Hallowed Bars + 5 Souls of Fright. Creates 100.
- Throwing weapon
- 28 Damage
- Weak Knockback
- Velocity: 9
- Crit. Chance: 16%
- Use Time: 14
- A moderately quick throwing weapon, the Hallowed Dagger is known for it's very high crit. chance, quadruple that or most weapons in the game.

With your new arsenal, you're feeling pretty good. But your accessory slots feel a bit lonely. Let's fix that!
Firstly, let's get this out of the way:
  • The Ballistic Emblem is interchangeable with the other emblems in the Avenger Emblem recipe.
Now, onto to new stuff!
Bionic Headset sprites provided by ThatOneRobloxHater!

Bionic Headset
index.php
index.php

- Sold by the Steampunker for 25 Gold at any time
- Accessory, Crafting Material
- "Reveals monster's locations. 5% increased throwing damage and crit. chance."
- This unique accessory is moderately functional for any class, even if it's built for the throwing class. When equipped, a pair of headphones and a microphone appear on the player's head. Any enemy on the screen begins to sparkle with red glitters, similar to how treasure appears when using the Suspicious Looking Eye. Additionally, enemies just off screen have small arrows pointing to their location, albeit without an indicator for their type or name.

Unstable Glove
- Sold by the Demolitionist for 25 Gold after any mechanical boss has been defeated.
- Accessory, Crafting Material
- "Throwing weapons sometimes explode"
- "What could possibly go wrong?"
- All thrown weapons gain a 25% chance to explode upon hitting a tile or enemy, doing area of effect damage. The explosion will not damage the player, and has a range of about 3 blocks.

That should do it for now! Have any questions, comments or concerns? I'd love to hear them! See you next time for the continuation of the Hardmode Thrower.

Last edited:
Aww, no armor for Hallowed tier? That's mildly saddening, but seeing as Summoner has to deal with it, I guess it's not so bad, especially with the weapons and accessories in this thread. This series keeps getting better...

I loved the first one of these you did, and this second one is great too. Can't wait to see the third.

Aww, no armor for Hallowed tier? That's mildly saddening, but seeing as Summoner has to deal with it, I guess it's not so bad, especially with the weapons and accessories in this thread. This series keeps getting better...
I did consider making a hallowed helmet specifically for throwers, but I find the whole idea of the same armor with slight variations to be boring. And besides, a new Chlorophyte-based armor is right up ahead...

Back
Top Bottom