NPCs & Enemies Mechanical Wall of Flesh?

samufinland

Empress of Light
I know there are three mechanical bosses already but I can make an optinion right?

I think it would be cool if you summoned all three mechanical bosses at the save time in the Underworld they would form a mechanical version of the Wall of Flesh instead of three separate bosses

I really like the similar idea on Terraria Online, especially the design of the boss, I'll link it here:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threa...-support-terraria-servers-with-friends.81761/

(Okay, that's a mod idea)

The Wall of Steel could look like a mechanical wall with those cool yellow and black stripes, the Twins as eyes, the Destroyer's head as a mouth and two wheels on both top and bottom part of the wall, resembling the mechanical minecart. It's body (or the wall part) resembles the parts of both The Destroyer and the Skeletron Prime

It would shoot lasers just like the original wall and the Twins, shoot homing probes and cannonball and "burp" Mini Destroyers. It also would have mechanical skulls, called The Thirsty, attached to the main body via a long spine or a cable, spinning wildly and reflecting projectiles

The wall of steel rolls across the Underworld like it's fleshy counterpart but instead of going through the blocks without touching them it destroys everything on it's path, leaving only lava and the items dispensed behind. Touching the vain body deals extreme damage to the player as well as the bleeding debuff.

The boss loses it's parts when taking damage or maybe when the knockback per second is high enough. Doing this makes the area begins the part vulnerable (but raises the wall's speed because of the piece of armor not weighting down), giving you a chance to deal damage and destroy that part and cause malfunction based on the area destroyed. (Destroying the wheels slow down the speed, destroying the laser cannons causes them to become chaotic instead of targeting the player, destroying the battery [that spawns homing lighnings when hit, making the battery a bad choice to attack] completely stops the boss for a moment until an emergency battery is activated)

It also sends the eyes to eliminate the player and finally plits in half from the top to the bottom, trying to crush the player like a trash compressor thing would, by having the halves to both sides of the player and slowly moving towads each other, healing down in the progress, revealing the final weak spots

Also, it would be cool if the blocks mined by the boss would be dropped down as large super compressed cubes, holding about a hundred blocks. If it is mined it explodes, spreading the blocks around the underworld

Making the boss follow the player around the world would destroy the whole world and that is not what I want from this boss

Also, I don't know if this should be before or after Moon Lord since he's the final boss

Edit: because you really seem to hate bosses destroying blocks, well okay, it doesn't destroy blocks now okay?

(An another idea was that the boss flees to a new area under the map, to a new area where the bricks are so tough you cannot mine them yourself until you upgrade your Picksaw with the blocks the boss mines and the materials it possibly drops

Crazy ideas time, it requires 4 picksaws or possibly all 4 Tower Pickaxes, all spinning around you, mining blocks around you as they were cobweb)

(Or an another idea, the destruction of the Underworld, the idea of fighting is to stop the boss from destroying it, to protect your (under)world

Plus the boss might be really slow and easy to stop

Maybe if there were some blocks it takes forever to destroy like Lizhard Bricks) those two new ideas cannot be used in a same boss, so there is three ideas now, the boss doesn't destroy anything, it is really slow or breaks a new area when summoned, only creating a hole in the underworld

Last edited:
Well, what if it doesn't destroy the Underworld?

It's not like the Underworld is important after killing the Wall of Flesh anyway...
Still no reason to have it destroyed.

Anyway I'll admit that your method of summoning it is more creative than just another mechanical voodoo doll. I would say that instead of summoning them you should throw all 3 of the items into the lava and a message should appear after each one.

Seeing as how the wall of flesh has technology and steampunk kind of themed drops this could have demonic sort of drops. Maybe even a hungry staff?

Anyway I think this should be a boss that is only gated to hardmode but is something you wish you didn't fight until post plantera. You know, kind of like fishron.

Still no reason to have it destroyed.

Anyway I'll admit that your method of summoning it is more creative than just another mechanical voodoo doll. I would say that instead of summoning them you should throw all 3 of the items into the lava and a message should appear after each one.

Seeing as how the wall of flesh has technology and steampunk kind of themed drops this could have demonic sort of drops. Maybe even a hungry staff?

Anyway I think this should be a boss that is only gated to hardmode but is something you wish you didn't fight until post plantera. You know, kind of like fishron.
What if each of the items were needed to throw in different liquids?

It would be possible to have water in the Underworld for a moment if you bring an underworld lake down there or usevthe bottomless water bucket

Or simply corrupt the area, allowing the water to stay

It would make it a little more... Unique?

I was thinking his Expert drop would be a Mechanical Heart, a metallic skull with one mechanical eye and a worm going through it
It works the the Demon Heart, giving the player an extra accessory slot, the player can have seven accessory slots in total when combined with the demonic version
Why?
Don't know

It would be cool if it dropped an item that summons the mini mechanical bosses to fight for you, each with their own AI

Each of them would cost one minion each though

But the minions are always the same, a mini Destroyer with a Worm AI kind of AI, beng great when underground, the twins as they work with their own summon staff and Mini Prime mixing up ranged and melee attacks
[DOUBLEPOST=1442948616,1442948394][/DOUBLEPOST]And I didn't mean the biome would be gone, the blocks would just be... placed in different locations, creating a new structre, maybe even a new type of an Underworld biome...
Just ideas.
[DOUBLEPOST=1442948730][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have an idea for the achievement name:

Plug and Play (because it's the robots linking up? Kind of a stretch?)
Probably.
There is an achiement of defeating all the mechanical bosses during a same battle

I think it was called "Mechanical Mayhem"

What if each of the items were needed to throw in different liquids?
That wouldn't make sense. That and it wouldn't provide a reference to the original wall of flesh summoning item.
It works the the Demon Heart, giving the player an extra accessory slot, the player can have seven accessory slots in total when combined with the demonic version
Why?
Don't know
It'll be better to have a new effect. I don't know what yet though.
It would be cool if it dropped an item that summons the mini mechanical bosses to fight for you, each with their own AI
I've seen it done with a few suggestions. Including Szgamer227 if I'm not mistaken.

No on underworld destruction, but perhaps if you made it interact with the world height you could have it unlock a further down section, the Core. You'd just have to move the current underworld up a few hundred blocks, and having a shorter distance to the underworld would be nice....

Could have it drain off the lava of the underworld to open up this area (After changing it so that there is a layer that is impassible at the bottom of current underworld, designed to look as such), which would lock the area to super late in the game, and give a good reason as to why we couldn't get there in the first place.

Similar idea could be done with Duke Fishron (the other boss who you can fight just about anytime post hardmode, but is advisable to not) to have a bit of world compression to enable an enhanced lategame ocean region. Hell, could even have Moon Lord do this with a Moon biome unlock in the dreadfully boring space biome (would either require a flying mount or gravi potions to get to said biome and do things on it for the most part, a nice little thing. Makes ML's Expert accessory actually useful as well....).

At first I was expecting a crappy suggestion with an OP boss with OP drops, but this isn't too bad. The only thing I don't agree with is the destruction of the underworld, because honestly, you never know what the devs may add to it.

No on underworld destruction, but perhaps if you made it interact with the world height you could have it unlock a further down section, the Core. You'd just have to move the current underworld up a few hundred blocks, and having a shorter distance to the underworld would be nice....

Could have it drain off the lava of the underworld to open up this area (After changing it so that there is a layer that is impassible at the bottom of current underworld, designed to look as such), which would lock the area to super late in the game, and give a good reason as to why we couldn't get there in the first place.

Similar idea could be done with Duke Fishron (the other boss who you can fight just about anytime post hardmode, but is advisable to not) to have a bit of world compression to enable an enhanced lategame ocean region. Hell, could even have Moon Lord do this with a Moon biome unlock in the dreadfully boring space biome (would either require a flying mount or gravi potions to get to said biome and do things on it for the most part, a nice little thing. Makes ML's Expert accessory actually useful as well....).
What if it just makes the world a little bit deeper? Also, it would be cool if there was a space biome beneath the top area of the map with zero gravity and martians

0.6 out of 10 no insanemode
Jk of course, this is much better than I thought it would be. I'm against the griefing though.

0.6 out of 10 no insanemode
Jk of course, this is much better than I thought it would be. I'm against the griefing though.

Everyone's against the boss destroying blocks...

EVEN THE DESTROYER IS ONLY ABLE TO DESTROY THE PLAYER(and friendly NPCs)

Well, I don't think I should tell my idea of a mechanical Moon Lord then

Things that destroy blocks are very unpopular, and in my opinion it's rightfully so. I do think there's useful items gotten from hell and I would love to have some ground to stand on while I'm there, thank you very much.
It'd make hell an absolute wasteland. I happen to like the area with its ashy mountains, abandoned buildings, fresh background and awesome music.

Also, there have been so many suggestions for more mechanical bosses. It's not very original, I think the devs could think of more mechanical bosses himself, seeing how they thought of 3 already.

Things that destroy blocks are very unpopular, and in my opinion it's rightfully so. I do think there's useful items gotten from hell and I would love to have some ground to stand on while I'm there, thank you very much.
It'd make hell an absolute wasteland. I happen to like the area with its ashy mountains, abandoned buildings, fresh background and awesome music.

Also, there have been so many suggestions for more mechanical bosses. It's not very original, I think the devs could think of more mechanical bosses himself, seeing how they thought of 3 already.
Right right, no destroying blocks...

Okay since no one has said a word about this, ill say it myself. There was something saying that there were not going to be anymore mechanical bosses added to the game. This idea was really thought out (except for the breaking blocks thing) but theres a .001 chance of any mech ideas being added to the game. Also the mechanical moon lord idea would have been terrible just saying because theres a low chance of a 1.4. And I dont care how long ago this was posted

Back
Top Bottom