NPCs & Enemies Mechapsyche (Hardmode, replaces the Destroyer in Crimson worlds)

Do you like this idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kinda...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Igno

Golem
Hello, fellow Terrarians! So I've been thinking... why is it, that even in Crimson worlds, you fight a mechanical version of the Eater of Worlds? Why not have something like the mechanical Brain of Cthulhu? So I came up with what I like to call "Mechapsyche", the mechanical Cthulhu's Brain.

imgres

How to Summon:

- Craft 6x Soul of Night, 6x Vertibrae, & 5x Iron (or Lead) Bar together at a Mythril (or Orichalcum) Anvil, resulting in 1x Living Motherboard.
- Then, with the Living Motherboard in hand, left-click, thus summoning the Mechapsyche.

Statistics & Information:

- In its first form, it would have a bunch of mechanical Wandering Eyes (under consideration, maybe just mechanical versions of whatever those eye things that circle the Brain of Cthulhu are) surrounding it that have 800 HP, 40 defense, & do 120 damage. The actual Mechapsyche will be invincible until all of the mechanical Wandering Eyes are defeated. Then it would proceed to teleport around (very, very similar to the Brain of Cthulhu), and charge the player; however, it would have buffed speed. Its body would have 80,000 HP, while its two "tentacles" would have 10,000 HP each; resulting in a total of 100,000 HP. Its two tentacles would almost constantly shoot lasers at the player (much like the Wall of Flesh and the Destroyer), that would do 2-4 damage. When in contact with the player, it would do 240 damage. It would be immune to the "Poisoned" and "On Fire!" debuffs.
- In its second form (which would occur after half of its original health is depleted), it will almost constantly teleport and charge the player. Its tentacles' lasers' damage would be increased from doing 2-4 damage to 7-9 damage, and when in contact with the player, it would do 320 damage; however, it will no longer be immune to the "On Fire!" debuff.
- If in expert mode, after two-thirds of its original health is depleted, it will activate a third form, where its tentacles' lasers will now do 10-13 damage, and the damage upon contact would be increased from 320 damage to 345 damage.

- Upon death, it drops: 20-40x Soul of Might (100% chance); 5-15x Greater Healing Potion (100% chance); 15x-35x Hallowed Bar (100% chance); 1x Mechapsyche Mask (14.29% chance, PC & console only); 1x Mechapsyche Trophy (10% chance); 1x Horned God Robe (100% chance, console only); and 1x Treasure Bag (Mechapsyche) (100% chance, Expert Mode only).

The developers have confirmed that no more versions of the mechanical bosses will be added. I can see that you have put a lot of time into this, so I don't mean to disappoint you.

Also, there's a problem here. This thing, has around the total health of the destroyer. The destroyer however, has multiple segments, making him quite tanky, but easy to defeat with piercing weapons. This battle would be pretty tedious without multiplayer, due to the high health, low laser damage, and pretty much basic AI of the Brain of Cthulhu.

Plus, why not have it do what the brain of Cthulhu does in expert mode where it makes copies of itself? For me, that was the thing that got me. Try making the boss less tanky and have cool AI. A boss is memorable not by its difficulty, but by its overall uniqueness compared to other bosses. And I don't mean to be rude, but the AI seems like a copy pasted version of the Brain of Cthulhu. Try having what the destroyer has, respawning probes to try to overwhelm you. Or even something completely new.

It's a nice idea, but needs work overall.

The developers have confirmed that no more versions of the mechanical bosses will be added. I can see that you have put a lot of time into this, so I don't mean to disappoint you.

Also, there's a problem here. This thing, has around the total health of the destroyer. The destroyer however, has multiple segments, making him quite tanky, but easy to defeat with piercing weapons. This battle would be pretty tedious without multiplayer, due to the high health, low laser damage, and pretty much basic AI of the Brain of Cthulhu.

Plus, why not have it do what the brain of Cthulhu does in expert mode where it makes copies of itself? For me, that was the thing that got me. Try making the boss less tanky and have cool AI. A boss is memorable not by its difficulty, but by its overall uniqueness compared to other bosses. And I don't mean to be rude, but the AI seems like a copy pasted version of the Brain of Cthulhu. Try having what the destroyer has, respawning probes to try to overwhelm you. Or even something completely new.

It's a nice idea, but needs work overall.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did think it seemed a little too excessive, but was drawing my ideas for health, etc. from the Destroyer. And it kinda stinks they've confirmed that no more Mechanical bosses would be added, even if it is just a Crimson replacement of the Destroyer. :/ Oh, well.

Back
Top Bottom