Weapons & Equip Mechs

Plm1123

Skeletron Prime
In this thread I am proposing the idea of a mech, mechs would be an equipable item that would be activated with the Z or X key, up to two different mech packs could be equipped at once, a mech would be five blocks tall starting with only two block tall legs and a little cockpit on top of the legs that your character stands in, when a mech is activated you gain 3 defense, +3 range, 3% damage boost, 20% less fall damage, 10% movement speed, and 10% block placement speed, but you cannot place blocks while in a mech, nor can you interact with doors or chests or other items that can be interacted with.

each mech has its own seperate mech station (used to craft the mech), for example, an iron/lead mech requires an iron/lead mech station, a mech station is made out of 10 of the resource mentioned in the mech stations name, for instance a mythril mech station requires ten mythril ingots, the station is 4 blocks wide and 6 blocks tall
each mech requires 20 ingots (in accordance to the station material) and also has two more slots (more for certain mechs)

The slots can have certain tools (different for every mech) put into the slots in which an arm is added to the mech, if put into the slot on the left, it's the left arm and that slot is closed and pressing the left cursor while in the mech will use that tool, the arms cannot be changed
there would be four slots to dye the mech: legs, body, left arm, right arm. Putting dye in that slot would slightly tint it that color, however, unlike other dyeable objects, you could use paint to do a deeper tint, however it would require mech paint, crafted with 3 of any dye + 1 bucket of white paint (special dyes could also be used for mech paint)

A wooden mech can use any tools made out of wood, a paint brush, roller, or scraper, or can use a boomerang, spear, or sparkling wand

Can use tools made out of any of the basic ores (copper, tungsten, iron, etc.), a grappling hook, a static hook (although a static hook can only be obtained in hardmode), and all wiring tools

A Desert Mech Station can only be obtained from pyramids at a 15% chance to be in the chest and can use cactus items and fossil items (throwing items are unlimited but will not drop itself and gets a -10% damage boost) it has an extra slot for sandstorm in a bottle or flying carpet

can use phaseblades or phasesabers, gem staves, or gem hooks, has an extra slot to equip a crown fo vanity (permanent)

Can use meteorite items, demonite or crimtane items, items dropped from shadow orb or demon heart, hellstone items, items from dungeon, items from shadow chest, or skeletron drops (arm and book of skulls)

uses items made from hardmode metals obtained from smashing demon altars and hallowed items, can also use a jetpack

made from beeswax mech station (dropped by queen bee 5%, increases minion count by one, can use slime bee or spider items, two specially dedicated slots for mounts (making it have the perks of that mount) and the queen spider staff (making it launch web balls automatically from a turret on top) can use slime, spider, or bee items

uses items made from chlorophyte, shroomite, or specter bars. Has a dedicated wings slot for the spectre wings, leaf wings, or hoverboard. Can also use golem, plantera, and biome chest items

mimic mech station drops from special variant mimics (5% chance) can use items from mimics, the mech is made from chests, has a dedicated chest slot (making the mech a portable chest) and 2 dedicated accessory slots (can only use mimic accessories)

Uses lunar items, dedicated wing slot for lunar wings

1.0: Original post
1.1: slight changes to mech boosts, small grammar fix, grouped all the mech types into one tab, added change log
1.2.1: added a tab saying how a mech could be dyed to the crafting tab
1.2.2: slight stat change

Last edited:
I feel that mechs would be pretty cool, they belong in a game more like Starbound (Which already has them!) Maybe it would work better as a rare mount you can get from the Mood Lord, but I don't think mechs would fit throughout the game. This idea is interesting though, so it would make a better mod than it would a feature of the main game.

Seems interesting, but belongs more in a mod or in games like starbound, one of my favorite games. and, this just doesn't seem that balanced. it just feels, a bit off. Because bosses would be a whale easier with the range and defense.

:redmunch:

Seems interesting, but belongs more in a mod or in games like starbound, one of my favorite games. and, this just doesn't seem that balanced. it just feels, a bit off. Because bosses would be a whale easier with the range and defense.

:redmunch:
I see, also the range is block placement range

i had a idea like this and i was thinking like it would be a end game item using all of the end game bars / armors from the pillars and it would protect you and shoot bullets really fast like 2 mega sharks.

I like this idea, but i suggest that mechs were not pet, but armor. You craft all pieces, equp them in your inventory slot, and you are inside a mech, with his weapons. This armor can be classified like melee/rangen etc, crafted with top tier materials and giving same stats as top tier class armor. Your own weapons will be transformed visually into mechs weapons. So , you can still use yoor favorites.

Minions will be the same visually, i think. I have sturdust cell minions , they look like little drones already. Dragon looks like a mech dragon too.

Back
Top Bottom