tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

Oh cool, I didn't even know that thing existed. Neat!

It definitely overloads the shop inventory of Mechanic though. Neat idea but tries to add too many things, and heaven help you if you have any OTHER mods that add items to the mechanic :)

I have a suggestion for this mod:

The bag opener, it will open any "bag" type items (eg. Tresure bag, present, herb bag, ect.) in nearby chests and put the contents inside in a manner similar to the autocrafter

I have a suggestion for this mod:

The bag opener, it will open any "bag" type items (eg. Tresure bag, present, herb bag, ect.) in nearby chests and put the contents inside in a manner similar to the autocrafter
Unfortunately the bag opening code is tied quite heavily to the player object. Now, of course this hasn't stopped me when I made the assembler, but this one is not as simple. I can re-implement all of the vanilla bags, but there is no way to do ones added by other mods.

Hey is there a way to auto extractinate things if so. . . SUPER COOL!! how do you do it? If not please add that as a feature.

Transfer Assembles seem to ignore the fact that some items have multiple recipes.
When I try to craft silver coins, it asks for one gold instead of 100 copper coins. Is there a way to change that to make it request 100 copper instead of one gold?

Transfer Assembles seem to ignore the fact that some items have multiple recipes.
When I try to craft silver coins, it asks for one gold instead of 100 copper coins. Is there a way to change that to make it request 100 copper instead of one gold?
Actually the assembler should be able to handle multiple recipes. It will just craft with the first recipe it can do. The missing ingredient message is always from the last available recipe it found for that specific item.

Actually the assembler should be able to handle multiple recipes. It will just craft with the first recipe it can do. The missing ingredient message is always from the last available recipe it found for that specific item.

I'm putting copper coins in a chest and I right click the transfer assembler with the silver coin. It says it's missing gold coins though

EDIT: I remade the autoextractinator and it seems to do this as well. The copper coins just jam the machine, and the assemblers keep saying they need gold and platinum coins instead of copper and silver. Am I doing the filters wrong?

f39f130a4bdf60af177d5b562c455b69.png

0a12996d77316dd11f267c6dec4c384c.png

Last edited:
I'm putting copper coins in a chest and I right click the transfer assembler with the silver coin. It says it's missing gold coins though

EDIT: I remade the autoextractinator and it seems to do this as well. The copper coins just jam the machine, and the assemblers keep saying they need gold and platinum coins instead of copper and silver. Am I doing the filters wrong?

f39f130a4bdf60af177d5b562c455b69.png

0a12996d77316dd11f267c6dec4c384c.png
Maybe you messed up something with the wiring? Could you post a picture with wires visible as well? Last time I checked the assemblers should work fine.

Maybe you messed up something with the wiring? Could you post a picture with wires visible as well? Last time I checked the assemblers should work fine.

2e377dbf56cf3c9cb891a4147843270d.png
4e05aaf8f810f14ba5c5bf469d1e050c.png

Should be the same as the extractinator demo, but the tower w/ extractinator is one block higher to compensate for ores escaping the tower

Last edited:
Here's a little something that I made with this mod.

vYYgtzM.png

The gold chest at the top has an Item Vacuum from Miscellania. It picks up coins and items dropped within a short range of it.
Everything is then piped down for sorting.

Going town the pipe line we see 3 Transfer Filter (Whitelist)s that save a few vanity items that have some value.
The rest are dropped by a Transfer Outlet and a Item Filter (Vanity) into a pit of lava.

The rest of the loot and the saved vanity items are piped down below to a Magic Storage system.

In the bottom right corner you have my Coin Condenser.
It uses an Item Filter (Money) to first send the coins into it.

The first chest converts copper to silver, the second silver to gold, etc.
Item Filter (Blacklist)s are used between the chests to prevent coins moving through the system too early.
While avoiding things like needing gold coins to be broken down into silver coins before they move on to the next chest where they're converted back to gold.

Finally there is a button near where I'm standing that drains all of the Coin Condenser chests and showers me in coins.
A Relay is hooked up to this Coin Shower to feed a pulse back to the extractors. Making them output everything at a rapid pace instead of just one item.

A similar solution would have been to just shower myself in coins and skip the Coin Condenser entirely. But it was more fun to create it this way.

The whole thing is powered by a 1 second timer.
With the exception of the Transfer Assemblers. They is powered by a 5 second timer.
There seems to be a bug where if you're trying to extract and craft at the same time some coins may be lost.
The 5 second timer reduces the chance of this bug occurring.

If I put an amount of copper coins in the first chest, and then an amount of gold coins, the crafter attempts to break the gold down into silver.
While simultaneously attempts to move the silver to the next chest AND craft the copper back into silver.
Even if there isn't enough. The end result is that the copper vanishes.

Another work around for this may be to have the assemblers powered by the injectors. And the extractors on a separate timer, without ever feeding a pulse back to the extractors via injectors or relays.
But I haven't tested this.

6517kkh.png

Red: Powers the Extractors via a 1sec timer.
Make sure that these wires are not touching any Relays or Extractors or they will turn off the timer.

Green: Feeds a pulse back from the Injectors to the Extractors so they extract items much faster.
Both Relays and Injectors put out a signal when items pass through them.
(I missed this detail in the OP and spent way too long trying to debug this...)

Yellow: Powers the Transfer Assemblers via a 5sec timer.

Blue: Powers the "Coin Shower".
Note the Relay at the end of this pipe. It's there to feed back a pulse to the Extractors in the same way that an Injector would.

There is a stray blue wire connected to the top of the pyramid, some actuated tiles and some lights near the Coin Condenser.
You can ignore this.
I like to close the lid of my pyramid while working on the systems below.
And when I'm done I like to turn out the lights and close up the area below and try to pretend that I can't still see the eyesore that it is.

I'm pretty new to Terraria (1.3+) and playing with mods. I'm sure there's a bunch that I could have done better. But hopefully this will be able to help someone else out.

Edit:
7Kh1Low.png

An additional Blacklist with a Vanity Item filter is needed here to prevent items that were previously Whitelisted above heading back to the Transfer Outlet and the lava pit.

Last edited:
Here's a little something that I made with this mod.

vYYgtzM.png

The gold chest at the top has an Item Vacuum from Miscellania. It picks up coins and items dropped within a short range of it.
Everything is then piped down for sorting.

Going town the pipe line we see 3 Transfer Filter (Whitelist)s that save a few vanity items that have some value.
The rest are dropped by a Transfer Outlet and a Item Filter (Vanity) into a pit of lava.

The rest of the loot and the saved vanity items are piped down below to a Magic Storage system.

In the bottom right corner you have my Coin Condenser.
It uses an Item Filter (Money) to first send the coins into it.

The first chest converts copper to silver, the second silver to gold, etc.
Item Filter (Blacklist)s are used between the chests to prevent coins moving through the system too early.
While avoiding things like needing gold coins to be broken down into silver coins before they move on to the next chest where they're converted back to gold.

Finally there is a button near where I'm standing that drains all of the Coin Condenser chests and showers me in coins.
A Relay is hooked up to this Coin Shower to feed a pulse back to the extractors. Making them output everything at a rapid pace instead of just one item.

A similar solution would have been to just shower myself in coins and skip the Coin Condenser entirely. But it was more fun to create it this way.

The whole thing is powered by a 1 second timer.
With the exception of the Transfer Assemblers. They is powered by a 5 second timer.
There seems to be a bug where if you're trying to extract and craft at the same time some coins may be lost.
The 5 second timer reduces the chance of this bug occurring.

If I put an amount of copper coins in the first chest, and then an amount of gold coins, the crafter attempts to break the gold down into silver.
While simultaneously attempts to move the silver to the next chest AND craft the copper back into silver.
Even if there isn't enough. The end result is that the copper vanishes.

Another work around for this may be to have the assemblers powered by the injectors. And the extractors on a separate timer, without ever feeding a pulse back to the extractors via injectors or relays.
But I haven't tested this.

6517kkh.png

Red: Powers the Extractors via a 1sec timer.
Make sure that these wires are not touching any Relays or Extractors or they will turn off the timer.

Green: Feeds a pulse back from the Injectors to the Extractors so they extract items much faster.
Both Relays and Injectors put out a signal when items pass through them.
(I missed this detail in the OP and spent way too long trying to debug this...)

Yellow: Powers the Transfer Assemblers via a 5sec timer.

Blue: Powers the "Coin Shower".
Note the Relay at the end of this pipe. It's there to feed back a pulse to the Extractors in the same way that an Injector would.

There is a stray blue wire connected to the top of the pyramid, some actuated tiles and some lights near the Coin Condenser.
You can ignore this.
I like to close the lid of my pyramid while working on the systems below.
And when I'm done I like to turn out the lights and close up the area below and try to pretend that I can't still see the eyesore that it is.

I'm pretty new to Terraria (1.3+) and playing with mods. I'm sure there's a bunch that I could have done better. But hopefully this will be able to help someone else out.
That looks pretty cool, thanks for posting it here. :)

It looks like the way I made the assemblers work is just not very reliable... I want to work more on this mod at some point, but unfortunately I currently have a bunch of other things that I need to work on. But yeah, the assembler will definitely be redesigned in the future.

i got a question,i'm playing the calamity mod and i'm trying to get the rare wifu in a bottle and i want to set up an area with the transfer inlets to auto gather the mob drops how would i go about doing that as tring to place the inlets on top of the pipes don't work.

i got a question,i'm playing the calamity mod and i'm trying to get the rare wifu in a bottle and i want to set up an area with the transfer inlets to auto gather the mob drops how would i go about doing that as tring to place the inlets on top of the pipes don't work.
The inlets are kinda like teleporters. You need to place them on top of something solid. They are like this, because they have to be solid themselves, otherwise items would fall through them. If you could place them mid air, you could very easily use them to build magical floating sky ladders. ;)
So yeah, put down a layer of stone or something, then the inlets, and then pipes on top of those.

Hello,

In multiplayer, the transfer assembler doesn't seem to work. I tried giving it modded & non-modded recipes, I've tried using a normal furnace & hell furnace, though it just doesn't seem to grab the items from the adjacent chest.

Is there anything I can provide that will help you?

Hello,

In multiplayer, the transfer assembler doesn't seem to work. I tried giving it modded & non-modded recipes, I've tried using a normal furnace & hell furnace, though it just doesn't seem to grab the items from the adjacent chest.

Is there anything I can provide that will help you?
Yeah, I know. People reported that the assembler doesn't work quite a few times. I do plan on completely changing how it works in the future, but I am unfortunately really busy right now, and I will be for a while. So this mod is kind of on hold for now...
Of course it is open source, so if anyone wants to fix it up until I get back, your more than welcome to. :D

Hi,

I must say that this is a very nice mod. Been using it in a very simple fashion for a while and I love it.
But now I'm trying to make a quick inventory cleaner using the player interface.
However, it takes all the equipped items as well; Is there a way around that?
Not that I think it matters but note that I'm using this in junction with Magic Storage, several setups actually.

PS:
It is intended to be setup on a multiplayer world.
Otherwise I guess I could put another player interface down that has whitelists for my current equipment.
But I'd rather stop it from taking it in the first place, if at all possible.

PPS:
Workaround found, well kinda... : )
I've made a modified version if the mod where the player interface doesn't extract any equipped items. (Now that I think about it I should probably look over the code for item injection too...)
I'll roll with this for now and might look at filters for this instead if I get into it.

Last edited:
Hi,

I must say that this is a very nice mod. Been using it in a very simple fashion for a while and I love it.
But now I'm trying to make a quick inventory cleaner using the player interface.
However, it takes all the equipped items as well; Is there a way around that?
Not that I think it matters but note that I'm using this in junction with Magic Storage, several setups actually.

PS:
It is intended to be setup on a multiplayer world.
Otherwise I guess I could put another player interface down that has whitelists for my current equipment.
But I'd rather stop it from taking it in the first place, if at all possible.

PPS:
Workaround found, well kinda... : )
I've made a modified version if the mod where the player interface doesn't extract any equipped items. (Now that I think about it I should probably look over the code for item injection too...)
I'll roll with this for now and might look at filters for this instead if I get into it.
Yeah, the "intended" way to do this would be to use a blacklist filter with the equipable filter item. That's not perfect though, because that way armor that you might pick up as loot won't get removed either.
I was just thinking about some way to do more advanced machine configuration without big ugly ui popups, using a grand design style radial manu. This would actually be a perfect use for that.

A radial menu for configuring everything would be awesome!
Could maybe even have just one filter entity and configure it as white-/black-list through the menu?
Also, would multiple filters per entity be possible? (Of course, it should still be limited to either whitelist or blacklist)

Back
Top Bottom