tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

The interface acts as a magic storage component. You place it next to other components to connect it to a storage network. You can then place extractors and injectors next to the interface, to mess with the contents of the network.
j6O16ki.png

I can get the insertion to work, but how do I extract from the interface? I tried a method I found working for chests, but it doesn't do anything with the interface.

I can get the insertion to work, but how do I extract from the interface? I tried a method I found working for chests, but it doesn't do anything with the interface.
If you look at the picture, you should be able to just swap the injector and the extractor.

If you look at the picture, you should be able to just swap the injector and the extractor.
If I understand that mechanism right, it'll extract everything it can in the chest if you forget the filter, right?

If I understand that mechanism right, it'll extract everything it can in the chest if you forget the filter, right?
Indeed. I was thinking about adding a sort of multi item filter to the interface, just for performance reasons, but I couldn't really get the UI to be reliable enough in time.

I am having an issue with basically the mod, I believe I have everything set up correctly but it runs once then it stops working. I don't know what the problem is. If you could help that would be amazing.

I am having an issue with basically the mod, I believe I have everything set up correctly but it runs once then it stops working. I don't know what the problem is. If you could help that would be amazing.
This is known issue, but I have no idea what causes it. Send me the list of other mods you are using. Maybe try disabling some of them, to see if that fixes the issue. Please also post a screenshot of your setup. If you have a log, include that as well.

This is known issue, but I have no idea what causes it. Send me the list of other mods you are using. Maybe try disabling some of them, to see if that fixes the issue. Please also post a screenshot of your setup. If you have a log, include that as well.
I may have figured it out. I reloaded the mod and it fixed itself, but when i tried to attach a magic storage interface to both sides of a remote storage access and use them simutaniously, it broke again.

Is there a way to rotate the relay? Wire, Grand Design, empty hand, hammer blow... anything?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just look the other way. I'm an idiot. Still, could there be vertical relay? That would add some flexibility...

Additional Idea: Stack extractor + whitelist filter = specific object (if in storage object) is extracted only, up to a stack at a time.

Or

Recycle module: Lava destroys some dropped objects, however if we are going to be farming, large amounts of non-flammable material will just sit there. Maybe a block that outright deletes that particular entity that is inserted? Could even act as a chest for player interaction, only deleting items when not being used. Could help on multiplayer servers or when using a ton of mods... Or just by having Calamity installed. (Zerg potions. Boosts enemy spawn rates by 2,500%. I seriously had to install a pickup-filter mod because one zerg potion flooded my inventory in five seconds. The potion lasts ten minutes. Selling dropped weapons and armor sets is pointless when there is a 25x spawn rate during the frost/pumpkin moon, and each will take up an entire slot. So stackable objects are much friendlier to storage chests, as more can be stored. The problem arises when the item cap is reached in-game. With every new item dropped, the oldest item is removed from the game. This includes coins, hearts, mana stars, thorium notes, ammo... and Treasure Bags from bosses.)

I also second the idea of an auto-mining/auto-building device. Obsidian/crispy honey/honey block generators, Vine control, snowman invasion quick-cleaners...

Last edited:
Still, could there be vertical relay? That would add some flexibility...
I don't think there is a up/down placement direction by default, but I can probably figure something out.
Recycle module: Lava destroys some dropped objects, however if we are going to be farming, large amounts of non-flammable material will just sit there. Maybe a block that outright deletes that particular entity that is inserted? Could even act as a chest for player interaction, only deleting items when not being used. Could help on multiplayer servers or when using a ton of mods... Or just by having Calamity installed.
I like that idea, and I will definitely add it. I also want to make a few other things like this, but so far I couldn't get the ui to work properly.
I also second the idea of an auto-mining/auto-building device. Obsidian/crispy honey/honey block generators, Vine control, snowman invasion quick-cleaners...
Yeah, that would be great. It probably isn't even hard to implement. I'm still contemplating how this should be tackled exactly. I want this stuff to be powerful, so you could potentially use it for mining, but it shouldn't be too powerful...

I have been quite busy lately, so I didn't have time to work much on this mod. Thank you for the support, I will try to do these things, but I can't promise anything.

Ok, I think I fixed the problem. In case I missed something, I also added some error handling, so the mod should keep working, even if something goes wrong.

Ok, I think I fixed the problem. In case I missed something, I also added some error handling, so the mod should keep working, even if something goes wrong.
So you've fixed the problem of the mod just not wanting to transfer any more items?

There is a dupe glitch in the magic storage interface, when extracting things like weapons such as zombie arms and such it does not remove them from the storage, making for infinite of these items

edit: it seems this only happens with weapons and items with suffixes

There is a dupe glitch in the magic storage interface, when extracting things like weapons such as zombie arms and such it does not remove them from the storage, making for infinite of these items

edit: it seems this only happens with weapons and items with suffixes
Thanks for the report, I fixed it.
So you've fixed the problem of the mod just not wanting to transfer any more items?
Hopefully yes.

The transfer assembler only allows you to convert Iron and Lead into each other. All other bars, at least vanilla ones, you can get from smelting the ore. Is there any way you could fix it to where you can use the ore to get iron and lead?

Last edited:
Found a little bug, if that's what you would call it. The transfer filter blacklist says Items allowed instead of blocked or whatever

Do you think you'd be able to make MachTransfer work together with the Quantum Entangled Chest from the Portable Storage mod?
I imagine being able to put loot into a Quantum Entangled Bag (which shares the inventory with the Quantum Entangled Chest if both are on the same frequency), which then will be transferred to your storage system via MechTransfer quite useful and keeps your inventory clean while exploring.

The transfer assembler only allows you to convert Iron and Lead into each other. All other bars, at least vanilla ones, you can get from smelting the ore. Is there any way you could fix it to where you can use the ore to get iron and lead?
I tested this, and smelting iron works for me. As far as I know, there isn't even a recipe in vanilla terraria to turn iron into lead. You might have some other mod that is massing with the recipes.
Found a little bug, if that's what you would call it. The transfer filter blacklist says Items allowed instead of blocked or whatever
Oops. Well, I'll fix it in the next version.
Do you think you'd be able to make MachTransfer work together with the Quantum Entangled Chest from the Portable Storage mod?
I imagine being able to put loot into a Quantum Entangled Bag (which shares the inventory with the Quantum Entangled Chest if both are on the same frequency), which then will be transferred to your storage system via MechTransfer quite useful and keeps your inventory clean while exploring.
This would actually be a lot simpler if Portable Storage added support for MechTransfer. I have an api that (in theory) can handle this without any sort of strong references. I'll see if I can get that arranged.

Hi i like a lot your idea and no one thinked about it before.

I have a question :
one of my goal with this mod is to make a chest where i put everything on me and sort everything with filter like :
-armors
-weapons
-accessories
-ammo
-consumable
-block
-plants
-ressources
-Metals
-Tools
-others

Is this possible ? Even if they're less filter than i ask, it could be nice.

Sorry for my english.

PS : I could do it with your filter system, but it'll take too much space and i need to know every items (with mods etc,...) it's gonna be hard.

PS 2 : I'm using your mod, recipe browser and tremor

PS 3 : The "others" filter isn't needed i think if i put nothing to filter this it's gonna take everything that filters didn't take right?

(yellow cable is your mod, and red one is the "new filter" that i'm asking to you)
(I forgot "Tools" and "Metals" on my screenshot)

1517753944-capture.png

Last edited:
Hi i like a lot your idea and no one thinked about it before.

I have a question :
one of my goal with this mod is to make a chest where i put everything on me and sort everything with filter like :
-armors
-weapons
-accessories
-ammo
-consumable
-block
-plants
-ressources
-Metals
-Tools
-others

Is this possible ? Even if they're less filter than i ask, it could be nice.

Sorry for my english.

PS : I could do it with your filter system, but it'll take too much space and i need to know every items (with mods etc,...) it's gonna be hard.

PS 2 : I'm using your mod, recipe browser and tremor

PS 3 : The "others" filter isn't needed i think if i put nothing to filter this it's gonna take everything that filters didn't take right?

(yellow cable is your mod, and red one is the "new filter" that i'm asking to you)
(I forgot "Tools" and "Metals" on my screenshot)

1517753944-capture.png

I kinda like this idea a lot, but we'd need a way to have the mod identify what it's looking for, and not all of these would be easy to code for.

Maybe... a six-slot filter could work, but we already only have a one-slot filter. my reasoning is as follows: Anything that has anything in common with A and B and C, and does not have what D, E, and F have in common, is allowed. Else, rejected.

Or, some template items? Armor template, weapon template, accessory template, ammo template, consumable template, placeable template, plant template, ores template, soils template, tool template, "other" template (not armor or weapon or accessory or ammo or consumable or placeable or plant or ore or soil or tool). We would have to add some "useless" items that resemble these types of objects and some crafting recipes to make them. Like a dummy breastplate for armor, and a dirt mound for soils. Ammo would probably be able to get away with a musket ball, and for weapons, I would suggest the copper/tin shortsword (it's not like it has any other use... First thing I do when I start a new character, is toss the shortsword and cut down a tree to make a wooden broadsword. Yes it's slower, but the damage is higher, and the reach is better. Only the Calamity mod has decent shortswords-- uh, I mean, Shivs). Maybe for placeable, we could have a furnace. And for consumables, a lesser health potion. And for plants, an acorn or a daybloom/daybloom seed. We would need a sort of pseudo-ore for the minerals, like a iron ore and copper ore mixed together, or lead and copper, iron + tin, tin + lead, etc. But even with all that considered, what about bones? They qualify as ammo, for the bone glove. And they qualify as weapons, by themselves. AND they qualify as placeables with the bone wand. AND they qualify as materials with the bone welder. AND they are consumable, for all of the above. FIVE CATEGORIES. One item.

Perhaps a Name/ToolTip filter... yeah, one that searches the entire name/tooltip for a given word/word fragment/phrase. Then if found, lets the item through. That could work! Ammo is in the tooltip of all munitions, as is the consumable tag, and the "Can be placed" tag, and most ores are literally labeled with ORE in the name, I have no idea how plants could be easily filtered this way... Armor would have a defense value, and be equip-able, weapons will have "damage" in the tooltip or a mana requirement, and accessories will have equipable-- wait-a-minute. Some accessories would have defense values. Like the Ankh Sheild, and the Flesh Knuckles. And tools also tend to have "damage" values as well.

There is no quick way, as far as I can tell. It WOULD be awesome to have this, I just can't see how this could be done in a fool-proof manner...

I kinda like this idea a lot, but we'd need a way to have the mod identify what it's looking for, and not all of these would be easy to code for.

Maybe... a six-slot filter could work, but we already only have a one-slot filter. my reasoning is as follows: Anything that has anything in common with A and B and C, and does not have what D, E, and F have in common, is allowed. Else, rejected.

Or, some template items? Armor template, weapon template, accessory template, ammo template, consumable template, placeable template, plant template, ores template, soils template, tool template, "other" template (not armor or weapon or accessory or ammo or consumable or placeable or plant or ore or soil or tool). We would have to add some "useless" items that resemble these types of objects and some crafting recipes to make them. Like a dummy breastplate for armor, and a dirt mound for soils. Ammo would probably be able to get away with a musket ball, and for weapons, I would suggest the copper/tin shortsword (it's not like it has any other use... First thing I do when I start a new character, is toss the shortsword and cut down a tree to make a wooden broadsword. Yes it's slower, but the damage is higher, and the reach is better. Only the Calamity mod has decent shortswords-- uh, I mean, Shivs). Maybe for placeable, we could have a furnace. And for consumables, a lesser health potion. And for plants, an acorn or a daybloom/daybloom seed. We would need a sort of pseudo-ore for the minerals, like a iron ore and copper ore mixed together, or lead and copper, iron + tin, tin + lead, etc. But even with all that considered, what about bones? They qualify as ammo, for the bone glove. And they qualify as weapons, by themselves. AND they qualify as placeables with the bone wand. AND they qualify as materials with the bone welder. AND they are consumable, for all of the above. FIVE CATEGORIES. One item.

Perhaps a Name/ToolTip filter... yeah, one that searches the entire name/tooltip for a given word/word fragment/phrase. Then if found, lets the item through. That could work! Ammo is in the tooltip of all munitions, as is the consumable tag, and the "Can be placed" tag, and most ores are literally labeled with ORE in the name, I have no idea how plants could be easily filtered this way... Armor would have a defense value, and be equip-able, weapons will have "damage" in the tooltip or a mana requirement, and accessories will have equipable-- wait-a-minute. Some accessories would have defense values. Like the Ankh Sheild, and the Flesh Knuckles. And tools also tend to have "damage" values as well.

There is no quick way, as far as I can tell. It WOULD be awesome to have this, I just can't see how this could be done in a fool-proof manner...

Happy to see someone who like it :)

I know that all the categories aren't vanilla coded (i'm not sure about my english here ^^')

I cannot really help for code ^^ but i think template and name filter could work but idk if it's gonna work with every mod but anyway there is the "Others" in my chest room so i'll find those who won't go in any filter.

Only DRKV can tell us if it's possible i think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom